Ds or LS

I was Wondering if i should start Playing DS i mean played LS alot i prolly beat it aleast 5 time wit LS and i havent Played DS should i?

If you mess wit the Best,........

You Will Die Like the Rest

492476733_l.gif

Dark side is actually easier because with the darkside powers you don't run out of FP that fast and you get to kill single people much easier than you would as a LS because of Force Crush

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Play it atleast once. Otherwise you're missing out on quite a bit of the game. In fact, play as a female PC too atleast once otherwise you're missing out on 2 complete NPC party members.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Force crush made the game too easy as a DS player. The only thing I liked about being DS was choosing to be a Sith Lord and having my character on the title page.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

i always prefer light side but thats personal playing preference. GOA is correct though, play dark side at least once and as a woman. otherwise you miss out a lot. if you want you can kill two birds with one stone by playing a darkside woman.

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

i always prefer light side but thats personal playing preference.  GOA is correct though, play dark side at least once and as a woman.  otherwise you miss out a lot.  if you want you can kill two birds with one stone by playing a darkside woman.

Only problem with that is you'll get no influence whatsoever with Disciple since he's probably the biggest goody-goody in the game.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Guest MacleodCorp
Play it atleast once.  Otherwise you're missing out on quite a bit of the game.  In fact, play as a female PC too atleast once otherwise you're missing out on 2 complete NPC party members.

^^^^^

I agree with this man!

Here are the possibilities, and I would play them each once:

LS Male (LS Revan) x3

LS Male (DS Revan) x3

LS Female (LS Revan) x3

LS Female (DS Revan) x3

DS Male (LS Revan) x3

DS Male (DS Revan) x3

DS Female (LS Revan) x3

DS Female (DS Revan) x3

Sentinel/Consolar/Guardian

Lol... I don't know how different the story will be for each possibility, but I am sure there will be a mess of similarities... lol...

Good Luck Man!

Play it atleast once.  Otherwise you're missing out on quite a bit of the game.  In fact, play as a female PC too atleast once otherwise you're missing out on 2 complete NPC party members.

^^^^^

I agree with this man!

LS Male (LS Revan) x3

LS Male (DS Revan) x3

LS Female (LS Revan) x3

LS Female (DS Revan) x3

DS Male (LS Revan) x3

DS Male (DS Revan) x3

DS Female (LS Revan) x3

DS Female (DS Revan) x3

Lol... I don't know how different the story will be for each possibility, but I am sure there will be a mess of similarities... lol...

Good Luck Man!

Don't forget the male/femaile choice for revan too. :-"

I like playing as dark side because there are alot of humorous things that you can make people do. One of these things you can do is when you are on Nar Shadaa, the one guy that asks you to pay the Exchange. A dark side option is to Force Persuade them to jump into the centre pit. Usually one of them only jumps off but sometimes both of them do.

^^^^^

I agree with this man!

LS Male (LS Revan) x3

LS Male (DS Revan) x3

LS Female (LS Revan) x3

LS Female (DS Revan) x3

DS Male (LS Revan) x3

DS Male (DS Revan) x3

DS Female (LS Revan) x3

DS Female (DS Revan) x3

Good Luck Man!

Are you suggesting playing through the game 24 times.....................

(w00t)

I liked the game but 24 times????????????????

It's so unbelieveably easy as DS. Right now, I'm Guardian 15/Marauder 3 (or 4). I don't even need fury. Example: when the Red Slavers board the Ebon Hawk, I did it solo, and I laughed as I was cutting them up like gizka. Too easy. Sith Lord must be even easier when it's harder to save from your powers.

I personally prefer LS, and not to go all the way to LS mastery. Only because I don't believe anyone could really be that goodie-goodie.

I personally prefer LS, and not to go all the way to LS mastery. Only because I don't believe anyone could really be that goodie-goodie.

I reckon Yoda would disagree

And ive only tried L/S male and D/S female and I didn't find much of a difference apart from the new characters

I am a Dark Sider... and i think playing Dark Side is much more easy than playing Light Side

''Strike me down,and i will become more powerful''

''To know the Light you must see the Dark''

'' Join us on the path of the Darkside''

I never liked the DS aspect of the game. It forced you to be too much of a stupid bully instead of a scheming bastard like Palpy.

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

I prefer LS, mostly because the LS choices just come more naturally to me, but I have played DS a few times. It's definitely worth it to role play different character types - unfortunately, the choices that award the most frequent DS points are generally poorly written, and geared towards simply causing an individual pain and suffering, instead of serving a deep and sinister evil plot.

Try something fun.

You could actually kill all the Jedi masters / work with the bad guys and achieve LS Mastery. On the other hand you can play DS without killing any of the masters and work with all the good guys.

I didn't lie about that.

Master Vandar lives!

I try and stay around neutral. This way I can use the good offensive powers of DS. I'm not a goody, goody so I can't be total LS.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I never liked the DS aspect of the game. It forced you to be too much of a stupid bully instead of a scheming bastard like Palpy.

K1's DS way wasn't any much more different. The only manipulation I really could find in K2 was breaking Hanharr. The rest of it either go into "threaten me again and kiss duracrete" or "I'm gonna kill you just because I feel like it today"; with the latter being more bully-like, and the former as sorta cool, IMO.