OBS-4 Discussion (game and roll call)

That might actually work. :luck:

Planets instead of continents, moons instead of islands, fleets of spaceships and conquering armies.

Bigger planets have more than one presence (neutral or otherwise).

Looking at the standard map, there is one large continent, Europe (planet with six countries, the central four touching two neighbours around swtizerland, in a ring.

One of the central countries has a neutral land adjacent (Austria and Balkans) and then another country adjacent to that, whilst two of the ring countries, together with the neutral and the last country, abut the biggest country (Russia), which also has a third border with another neutral area (Scandinavia).

There are two islands (England, Africa) - moons.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

WHOAH!

DUDE!!! :luck: Thats so awesome!! Lets do it!

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I can see Kaftan's first project for Uni! :luck:

What are some good races to have?

I suggest the same 3 unit start. Maybe have seven to ten players? Lots of neutral territories, but have them in between races, so that there is no uncontested planets ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Aaaahgk!! Not one of those geometrical abominations!

I dont know that much about SW but doesnt the Corellians just build ships? And isnt there just like The repulbic/empire and the Hutts? Noone else is pht enough to claim dibs on any territory, right?

Star Trek would work better since its got all these factions.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

All right!

I'd be surprised if there wasn't one already out there ...

http://www.graue-substanz.net/ressourcen/i...startrekdip.png

:D

Jags, fix your links!

Here is the (English) summary page of the Star Trek Diplomacy game: linkie.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to access the rules or download ... :(

(Maybe it is accessed through the German, or probably a password ...)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Let me have a quick scan of the rules to see if they're written in Klingon or not ... :/ ... (I don't see a problem.)

Now this is cool:

Additional Powers

Each great power has additional abilities, some of which are intrinsic (i) abilities, and others of which are additional orders (B).

• Federation: Negotiation ability (B) and starts the game with an additional SC (i)

• Klingon: Camouflage (B) and combat capability (i) -: Ability did not retreat (i)

• Romulan: Secret service (B) and camouflage (B) -: Secret service must betray, if it retreats or loses a SC.

• Cardassian: Antiproton (i) and doubled range of vision (i)

• Ferenghi: captivate (B)

• Borg: Assimilation (B) and movement bonuses in the own quadrant (i)

• Dominion: Masking of ships (B) +APS (i)

Negotiation ability: In the autumn turn, a unit can persuade a SC (up to two spaces away), to become neutral OR join the Federation. Negotiation cannot take place through the wormhole. If another unit occupies the SC at the end of the move, then the negotiation fails.

Camouflage / Masking takes a whole move. A camouflaged unit is invisible. It cannot be supported when standing or attacking. When a camouflaged unit supports the attacks of others or is forced to retreat, it unmasks itself automatically.

Combat capability means that whenever three units attack the same space they always win, but must with a 3:n - attack with n>=3 one the attack supporting units resolve themselves.

Secret service: a unit can instead of a move discover the orders of great power X after Y the great power gets up to the next move phase all post office of great power X at Y.

Double range of vision the blind rule is extended by to two spaces for this power

Antiproton: camouflaged units in adjacent spaces are visible.

Masking a unit makes it look like any other nationality it chooses, until it has to retreat or it is ordered to unmask.

Captivate means that the unit being captivated has to stand. Captivate has a range of two spaces and does not function through the wormhole.

Assimilation means that all captured SCs can be built in as if they were home SCs.

Movement bonus means that a Borg LSS moving in a resource-poor area of the delta quadrant may execute the unit a second movement order after normal movement.

manthing2.jpg

Yeah, I'm still trying to understand what the "secret service" power is ... :(

Is that just the orders for a particular unit, or for all the units of that power?

And ditto for the Borg and movement; do they get their second movement after seeing everyone elses move, or is it just like double movement (in the delta quadrant)?

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

It lookes like the chinese have tried to redubb somthing that was origionally in english again :(

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Did someone sneak crack into your pot again, jags? :D

..and do I need to say ILL PLAY IT! :(

It lookes like the chinese have tried to redubb somthing that was origionally in english again  :(

I've been trying to fix it. :lol:

Don't matter Jags. What do we think?

Secret service: a unit can instead of a move discover the orders of great power X after Y the great power gets up to the next move phase all post office of great power X at Y.
    What is the scope of the power? Does it mean that the Secret Service can discover all the orders of a selected power, or just the orders of a particular unit? (Obviously it means that the Romulans can then take advantage of this info and act on it the same turn.)
    Combat capability: means that whenever three units attack the same space they always win, but must with a 3:n - attack with n>=3 one the attack supporting units resolve themselves.
    WTF?

Also:

This variant should always played Gunboat and blind (i.e. hidden movement)

Everyone okay with this?

PS we still need at least one more player ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Combat capability: means that whenever three units attack the same space they always win, but must with a 3:n - attack with n>=3 one the attack supporting units resolve themselves.

WTF?

:lol:

I think what it means is that Klingons have an automatic win when their attack to defence ratio of said province is greater or equal to 3. :(

If not, then the individual attack orders are resolved normally.

manthing2.jpg