OBS-4 Discussion (game and roll call)

What I mean is the 3:1 ration is an (admittedly faulty) approximation designed to indicate a single Klingon unit is stronger than a single unit of any other government. The two versions say the same thing, just in different terms.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

What I mean is the 3:1 ration is an (admittedly faulty) approximation designed to indicate a single Klingon unit is stronger than a single unit of any other government. The two versions say the same thing, just in different terms.

Um...no. ;)

German 3:1 = requires min. 3 units.

English 1.5 = requires only 1 unit.

manthing2.jpg

SNAP-a-doodle-do!

This game is going to be a lot like that two-player game where you swap pieces between black and white, depending on what piece is next to them (my brain has temporarily ceased to retrieve information from the long-term archive, at this time of the morning, so I cannot recall the name of it).

Federation switching hostile enemies to neutrals, Borg assimilating enemies, Dominion infiltrating them ...

... Ferengi trading with them, means that they can't be attacked, whilst the Romulans are cloaked, and Cardassians are amphibiously moving in the retreat phase ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

SNAP-a-doodle-do!

This game is going to be a lot like that two-player game where you swap pieces between black and white, depending on what piece is next to them (my brain has temporarily ceased to retrieve information from the long-term archive, at this time of the morning, so I cannot recall the name of it).

Othello. Though degenerate primitives tend to refer to it as Reversi.

manthing2.jpg

borg12.jpg

You lesser lifeforms work out the rules, we are ready to assimilate.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

SNAP-a-doodle-do!

Othello. Though degenerate primitives tend to refer to it as Reversi.

Indeed-li-dood-li-o!

I woke up with this information at the ready.

So my point is that the game will resemble Othello (Reversi), what with the Borg assimilating Dominion-infiltrated Romulan spies ...

I think the Romulans need to have the (German) spy power. I am just not sure if it is for all the orders of that turn, or just a particular unit ...

Looks like the Ferengi are an excellent spy network, too. They would work well co-operating with the Federation; I guess the same goes for the Romulans.

Cardassians, though, what is their special power? :(

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Will my Borg power be that I can convert other units to Borg or that I can build units on all captured supply points? ;)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Whats this mumbojumbo about British rules here and German maps there? Could you collect the rules in one place for easy reading? My attnetion span is far too short to read the thread :D

Will my Borg power be that I can convert other units to Borg or that I can build units on all captured supply points? :(

Both. But assimilated units need to be anchored by a new supply centre within the year (Winter build), otherwise they disband.

I fail to see the area where the rules say Borg can build units on all captured supply centers. Only Cardassian have that ability.

1.  The Cardassian player can build units in any supply centers he controls, not just his home supply centers.

I find it kind of sad

The first Star Trek rules had the Borg possessing said power, thats where I got it from. But I like these newer ones more :D

Unfortunately for you Calax, barring rejection of the universal power of dibs by Meta, we have the following:

Kaftan - Borg

Jaguars - Klingon

Arch - Dominion

This leaves: Federation, Cardassian, Romulan, and Ferenghi for the other four players.

I find it kind of sad

theenemywithin002.jpg

"Ive got the Klingon poodle, sir! Ill just round up a few more Romulan marmots and we are ready to go."

Unfortunately for you Calax, barring rejection of the universal power of dibs by Meta, we have the following:

Kaftan - Borg

Jaguars - Klingon

Arch - Dominion

This leaves: Federation, Cardassian, Romulan, and Ferenghi for the other four players.

Now that were using the German map but Englsih rules with German modifications AKA Obisidian House Rules, I'm telling the Klingons to sod off, and going with the Federation instead! :D

ALSO: That's not Sulu....that's Michael Chang!

manthing2.jpg