OBS-4 Discussion (game and roll call)

Here's a very good article for beginners:

Art of Diplomacy.

It is in the order of several powers of ten easier to read than the rule book. (But then again, maybe that's the point; after all until Machiavelli turned up, there were no guide books for diplomacy ...

THANKYOU those are quite useful as are the ones at the end of the pamphlet. rulebook thingy

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

If :alanschu: is obliged to play in another standard game, then we can kick off game 4 "soon". :D

I think it is perfectly reasonable for new players to play in the standard game, then (if they wish) progress to the variants that others wish to play.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Right-ho. I shall prepare the standard game for Obsidian Obsessive-Compulsives, self-help group Four, and record all the details here today.

Any preference for start dates? (Email me: I'll be working towards the end of the week, I suppose; I would understand if everyone wanted to space this game out with the others and have the turns on a weekday, instead. though ...)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

While it makes no nevermind to me, there are a couple of n00bz0rrz, so perhaps it would be fairer to give them a few weeks to get used to the game before giving them ephedrine ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

When the game does start, could you email me the results of the turns in addition to the players, Mets? I'd like a copy of them for my records. Once OBS-1 is finished, I'll probably start up an archive with the turn records of all completed games on the forums. Hopefully, it will be a useful tool for beginner and experienced player alike.

On another note, OBS-5 (assuming someone doesn't take that game number before I'm eliminated from OBS-2 or finished with OBS-1) will probably be a 9-player game of Abberation V. Obviously, that won't start for quite a few weeks, but y'all might want to consider whether or not you're interested.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Heh, judging by the progress I seem to make in these games, I'll only have GM duties for two games and nothing else, so I am good to go.

I'll draw up the next schedule over the weekend. All players please submit your preferences (email), I have sent the game invitation to you; I still don't have an email for Trobolov, though ;)

:-

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Are you plaing that old map again? :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Are you plaing that old map again? :blink:

You mean me or Mets? OBS-4 is standard, OBS-5 will be Abberation V. I hope the fact that the powers and province configurations are different qualifies it as a different map in your eyes even if it's still Europe, as I'd like you to play.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

So it is just a bigger bunch of countries spread out a bit more?

And the edges have less SCs, too.

Why the sudden attraction to this variant? :o

I have a Burgundy fetish. :*"

But seriously, it's not so much a sudden attraction as an easing in. Other than the map, which is not drastically different to standard, Abberation is much like the normal game, and so is a good choice, in my opinion, for a first variant, both as a player and more especially as a GM.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!