RPG Maker 2000

Anyone use this program to make their own little RPG game? It's supposed to be easy to use, I may try it - although even if it's easy to create a game, I'm not sure I have the creativity to make up a story and all that. <_<

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The versatility would amaze you.

You can make your own graphics from scratch, make mini games, endless plot, whatever you want.

Btw...  Playing RPG Maker 2000 in anything but Japanese is illegal. =X

But could you make a game like KOTOR or JE, or even like the IE games?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The versatility would amaze you.

You can make your own graphics from scratch, make mini games, endless plot, whatever you want.

Btw...  Playing RPG Maker 2000 in anything but Japanese is illegal. =X

But could you make a game like KOTOR or JE, or even like the IE games?

No you can't. These RPG Makers and similar ones for PS1 and PS2 were specifically designed for JRPGS not CRPGS.

EDIT: That said they are probably still a better tool than NWN.

image002.gifLancer

Btw... Playing RPG Maker 2000 in anything but Japanese is illegal. =X

I see...it's hard to find that info on a lot of sites...buried deep (to the casual walk-in) that fact is. <_<

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Guest Surlent

IMHO RPG Maker XP is far better version compared to RMK2k. Despite these things being less legal, it doesn't really harm anyone if you download them and do your homemade rpgs (that most likely than not don't turn to profit) since the program isn't IIRC even sold outside Japan.

If illegal RPG Makers bother you good alternatives exist on the PS1 and PS2. You can obtain RPG MakerI or II respectively at a pretty cheap price.

And both are pretty damn good at creating JRPGs. IIRC, RPG Maker I allowed you to make all your graphics, though, II didn't. The second one just came with a whole lot more pre-made avatars and graphics

But like all these RPG Makers mentioned here, they wouldn't be good for computer-style RPGS. For something like that, "Explorations"would probably be a better choice.

image002.gifLancer

*gets cautiously excited*

Oooo...thanks Lancer. That Explorations one looks promising.

*gets cautiously excited*

Oooo...thanks Lancer. That Explorations one looks promising.

You are welcome.

A couple of years ago I went through a phase where I was reading and trying out different RPG Makers.. Explorations was my favorite. I never bought it , however, since it is a little on the expensive side. But if you can afford the full version, I think it would be a good investment.

Here is a list of other ones though:

Alexander's RPG Maker list

image002.gifLancer

What, perdition was overused? :)

It hasn't got the best sound, but I suppose it's better than most names out there. :) So can you tell us anything about the project?

It was largely inspired by Lone Wolf and Cub, and Legend of the Five Rings, with a bit of Ninja Scroll rolled in.

A repenetant and angry Samurai named Ito is framed for murder so that a rival clan may steal his position. His wife is murdered, and he vows to seek revenge at any cost. He wanders the land as a Ronin.

A Samurai-ko named Rei discovers the treachery and seeks Ito out to assist him in clearing his name. The two develop strong feelings for each other, but never act on them as Ito does not want to betray the spirit of his wife he is trying to avenge.

There were two paths in the game, as Ito discovered a foul Oni manipulated the whole event to claim Ito's soul and damn his family line. Ito is pressed to decide whether to finish his quest for vengeance at the cost of his soul, or forsake redeeming his name and vengeance to spite the Oni instead.

That's why you should always back up important stuff like that. Anything else is just stupid and frustrating.

That said, in this regard, I'm very, very stupid, so I'll just shut up now.

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

I was fiddling around with RPGMaker2000 for a while a couple years ago. I had this whole idea for an RPG where all your party members were part of some prophecy and had special powers, and the main character just got caught up in it all. I had even found a tutorial to do a Suikoden style upgradeable headquarters.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg