KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

" because the developers do need their time to finish the game completely! "

How hard is it to understand that there's no K3 even in planning stages?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

If there is another thing that I can think about in relation to the Al script for enemies, is to have them use feats like Critical Strike and Flurry as their main attack rather than using Power Attack. Most of the mercenaries in K2, including many other bosses like Azkul and the Twin Suns were hardly bosses at all. It was probably the weapons that they used that did most of the damage rather than specific combat feats.

Not to mention Kreia's three floating lightsabers that essentially used only normal attacks. If they had been two single lightsabers and a double-bladed lightsaber, where the single lightsabers used Master Flurry as a main attack and Critical Strike for the double-bladed lightsaber, it would have added some style of fighting to them. I would not suggest three double-bladed lightsabers, though. OE could have created graphics and animation for the combat feats without being wielded by Kreia. And also, the double-bladed lightsaber would have twice the health of the single sabers.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

You would think that with all the money they would make they would do themselves a favor and just make the game.

Have to be careful taking the rantings of a message board as an indication of profits.

Heres the skinny as it were. Assuming now that KOTOR III was made it would almost certainly be next gen. Likely 360 , though maybe not.

Even at it's best projections the 360 is supposed to sell maybe 2.5 million in the first year. Analysts say it will be more like 1.5 m. But even if you took the 2.5m as the correct figure and transposed that onto the total % of Xbox owners who bought KOTOR/II you would sell about 100,000 units.

So yep you will see KOTOR III but not likely before the next gen consoles have sold in enough numbers to make it worth making.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Xbox 360? Probably. However, I think it would be a mistake for it to be console-exclusive. I think it should have the kind of "preemptive" exclusivity that the other 2 titles had....then, a port to PC.

However, they need not rush the port job....that is one thing that gave K2 a black eye....the Xbox version was more or less fine but the PC port job was rushed.

And they need to do something about the "dead zone" between titles....downloadable content for a fee, rather like NWNs Premium Modules (but much more seamless to implement), would help keep the wolves at bay.

Somehow, either way, something about K3 tends to be hard to look at.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Lucasarts officially announced they wouldn't make another Kotor. Read this article

Everyone that link is a trick! Some of you should know this! don't believe the person who posted it. The people who are smart willl know its there too fool you.

Zing, Mr Surreptishus. You have been zinged.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

If you linked to a link that linked to you you might cause one of those things that happened when somebody managed to set both her hotmail addresses to forward mails to each other and the whole hotmail server crashed. That would be Extra Awesome.

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum