KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

There were far too many times where in combat i could hide behind a pillar or wall where i went out of the enemy's field of view, they would stop chasing me and would give me all the time in the world to heal up and think of a battle plan.

Actually I think that had more to do with pathfinding issues than AI.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

All that stuff is part of the engine. And I have a hard time believing they will use Oddyssey for K3.

Depends how soon the game is announced.

You're an eternal optimist, aren't you ... :D

Let's just hope that whoever is in charge of writing any mooted sequel is already through about ten drafts (not alcoholic) ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

actually typing on this forum has really set me in the mood to complain about kotor even though I think both games are utterly amazing and was hooked from start to finish.

Another change that should be made:

more purchasing items in shops.

most of my best equipment was either found or stolen.

I had calo nord's battle armor for the whole of kotor 1, found from the man himself obviously

felenar's armor for kotor 2

I got to a point in both games where I had so much money, i was just buying things for the sake of it cause I knew it was about to end.

Healthpacks and mines were pretty much all I needed to get.

You know actually thinking about it, there was quite alot of things I bought. So i guess this idea is dead as a dead thing that is dead

Im not going to delete this post though as I just want to throw the idea onto the table anyway :huh:

why not have a minigame that's on a tatical level, like the Phoenix Reactor minigame in FF7. I bet they are going to use a different engine so that's fixed, but I would like to see a "Jedi Joe" rather than a UBERMASTER-OF-DOOM-DEATH-AND-DESTRUCTION-WHO-WILL-SAVE-THE-JEDI!

If there's a war have somthing that actually makes it feel like its going on rather than everythings just falling apart.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

A good stealth mission would be ideal. Instead of being in the Republic space, where Jedi are at lest tolerated and often venerated and definitely feared; set beyond the Outer Rim where an outed Jedi (or Sith) would be toast in minutes, overwelmed by superior numbers.

Then have an underground network ... in the sewers. And a crowbar. And a HEV suit. And some great guns. And tunes. And ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

A good stealth mission would be ideal. Instead of being in the Republic space, where Jedi are at lest tolerated and often venerated and definitely feared; set  beyond the Outer Rim where an outed Jedi (or Sith) would be toast in minutes, overwelmed by superior numbers.

Then have an underground network ... in the sewers. And a crowbar. And a HEV suit. And some great guns. And tunes. And ...

:thumbsup:

You never cease to amaze me.

You're an eternal optimist, aren't you ... :D

We're all going to die someday.

And you're saying that the LA publishers should die first? :thumbsup:

OMFG you are threatening them!!!11!!1! Oh nOOEz! Ev|1 D37h 7hR347z0rz!!!11!eleven

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

If the Exile and Revan do have a battle, should it happen immediately, halfway through the game, or near the end? I'd like to say somewhere halfway through the game so the game can have two halves to it, the pre-Revan segment and the post-Revan segment, and what you do after the Revan duel affects what you do during your post-Revan segment

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Yeah, where did the Exile come from? Man that character got lost on the way; she was a red herring to make sure all the n00bs following from the GFFA didn't reach the True True Sith.

Great Strategy there, Revan. :p

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Forget force-lightning, Kreia's main power seemed to be force-b1tch. :)"

I hope they DON'T include a character like Kreia in the next game. I could go for some mentor in the game that "guides" your character, maybe even a neutral one that helps train you, but not someone that stabs you in the back, constantly nags you, or has some crazy wacky motivation for training you (revenge or 'killing' the force).

Forget force-lightning, Kreia's main power seemed to be force-b1tch.  :)

I hope they DON'T include a character like Kreia in the next game.  I could go for some mentor in the game that "guides" your character, maybe even a neutral one that helps train you, but not someone that stabs you in the back, constantly nags you, or has some crazy wacky motivation for training you (revenge or 'killing' the force).

You're not a fan of complex characters are you.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Forget force-lightning, Kreia's main power seemed to be force-b1tch.  :-

I hope they DON'T include a character like Kreia in the next game.  I could go for some mentor in the game that "guides" your character, maybe even a neutral one that helps train you, but not someone that stabs you in the back, constantly nags you, or has some crazy wacky motivation for training you (revenge or 'killing' the force).

You're not a fan of complex characters are you.

I'm all for them, actually. I just don't share your love of Kreia's character. While she was indeed deep, I despised her. She was a traitor, a leech, annoying as hell, self-contradicting, and her whole motivation of wanting to destroy the force seemed like it was casually tacked on at the end to give your PC some reason to kill her. At least, to me it did. It didn't take a genius to figure out she was the 3rd Sith Lord, anyway.

That's why I'm hoping in K3 your mentor is done very differently, even if he/she is neutral.

She wasn't exactly meant to be a "OMG I'm RAVEN?!?!?!" surprise. She's the most well written character out of either game. Even people who disliked TSL admit that about her. You're one of the few that I've seen actually dislike her, so I was curious if it's because you just don't like deep characters.

She wasn't exactly meant to be a "OMG I'm RAVEN?!?!?!" surprise.  She's the most well written character out of either game.  Even people who disliked TSL admit that about her.  You're one of the few that I've seen actually dislike her, so I was curious if it's because you just don't like deep characters.

I know that. The game seemed to lack surprises in general. :-"

Sure, but once you knew she was a Sith Lord, why couldn't you talk to her about it, and why couldn't you actually do something about it? Don't forget, your statement about her being the most well-written is opinion. And I know I'm not alone in disliking Kreia. Numerous people on these boards (and Bioware's, for that matter) dislike her, even though most admit she was a deep character. Although I don't see how you gathered that I somehow 'disliked' deep characters from my post just because I disliked Kreia. Or maybe you were just being sarcastic. :-"

And I think she was only well-written in certain aspects. As mentioned above, she is self-contradicting, and I felt her motivation of wanting to kill the force wasn't really well-done. As said before, it seemed to me like it was just added to give your PC a reason to kill her. But for me, it didn't really add anything to the game. I think they could have editted out that part, made Nihilus the final boss, and it still would have worked out fine. Not that I didn't enjoy killing her, though. :-

Edited by Mothman

We'll agree to disagree. However, I agree that we shouldn't have a character like Kreia in K3, but for an entirely different reason than yours. I simply don't want it to seem like K3 is immitating K2 at all and want it to bring something new and innovative of its own to the KOTOR series.

That's the same reason I don't want Revan as the protagonist, the same reason I don't want the Exile as the protagonist, and the same reason I want none of the party members (except the two droids) to return to the party.

I'd rather Revan and Exile not have a battle.  K3 should be about the new PC, and any reference to Revan or the Exile should be supplimental to that.

Then we'd have another KOTOR II with a totally new character with brief references to previous PCs

As for Kreia, she was well written because she had to be because she was the lead character next to the Exile. Mira was well done too, almost as good as Kreia.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I'd rather Revan and Exile not have a battle.  K3 should be about the new PC, and any reference to Revan or the Exile should be supplimental to that.

Then we'd have another KOTOR II with a totally new character with brief references to previous PCs

Bingo. :p

Except the references to Revan in K2 weren't that brief. To me, it felt like he was brought up way too often in the game. Practically everywhere I went, I heard about Revan. RevanRevanRevanRevan... It felt like the game was more about Revan than you. Suddenly, I was as much preoccupied with Revan as I was my own PC. My only problem is that they mentioned him too dang much.

In K3, I'm hoping the exile and Revan are only mentioned periodically, preferrably being some military leader in the fight against the True Sith that is brought up only in certain points. And of course, the game should provide closure on both of them. (At least Revan. The exile didn't appeal to me all that much, though I'm sure many fans liked him/her more.)

Except the references to Revan in K2 weren't that brief.  To me, it felt like he was brought up way too often in the game.  Practically everywhere I went, I heard about Revan.  RevanRevanRevanRevan...  It felt like the game was more about Revan than you.  Suddenly, I was as much preoccupied with Revan as I was my own PC.  My only problem is that they mentioned him too dang much. 

In K3, I'm hoping the exile and Revan are only mentioned periodically, preferrably being some military leader in the fight against the True Sith that is brought up only in certain points.  And of course, the game should provide closure on both of them.  (At least Revan.  The exile didn't appeal to me all that much, though I'm sure many fans liked him/her more.)

So isn't killing Revan closed enough for you? Death = closure. :-

Boy, one minute you're a Revan fanboy, next you want no mention of the character! Make up your mind ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT