NHL is back

Cantousent

It was a good night for Hossa and Savard as well. Six points between two players is always good for my pool.

And what is wrong with the Sharks? Chicago is a much better team than last year, but 6-2?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Crosby is -1 so far with 0 points in tonight's game. He's a bit of a slow starter, isn't he?

I didn't expect him to suddenly come out and be the greatest player in the league in his rookie year. Sure he may have been top **** in the minors, but 99% of the people he was playing against in that league aren't good enough to play NHL hockey this year, so now he's suddenly playing against people miles ahead of anyone he played against before in terms of skill. Once he gets used to it though, he should improve. Unless he pulls a Jason King and just gets worse.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Crosby is -1 so far with 0 points in tonight's game. He's a bit of a slow starter, isn't he?

I didn't expect him to suddenly come out and be the greatest player in the league in his rookie year. Sure he may have been top **** in the minors, but 99% of the people he was playing against in that league aren't good enough to play NHL hockey this year, so now he's suddenly playing against people miles ahead of anyone he played against before in terms of skill. Once he gets used to it though, he should improve. Unless he pulls a Jason King and just gets worse.

He should get going. I moved up from Pee-Wee to Bantam (one level up) two years before I was the 'correct' age, anytime you move up in hockey, the game gets faster, harder, and the guys get bigger.

I have no idea what Kovalchuk is planning to do, but what irks me is how the Northamerican media is portraying him (or anyone else not Northamerican): like a greedy bastard with no heart that only plays for money. ANY player (except perhaps Stevie Y) wants as much as he can get, even if it involves switching teams. Just look at Scott Niedermeyer. And it would be really ridiculous to see Lecavalier (who is a great player in his own right) get paid more than Kovalchuk. I don't like how players are always milking more money out of their clubs, but I absolutely hate how the Northamerican media is trying to make it sound like every foreign player is a greedy bastard while every homegrown boy is playing for the love of the game.

And yes, I'm going to be this grumpy until Sundin comes back.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Thats a valid rant. I think Iggy has earned his coin. Nash and Kovalchuk should still be a tier below him on the pay scale, I think. Playoffs should have a factor in salary. But at the same time you can't argue their value to their own teams, so who knows?

Hockey Night In Canada is back tonight, it's actually just starting now. I wish everyone in the thread could get the CBC for a Saturday feed.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Thats a valid rant.  I think Iggy has earned his coin.  Nash and Kovalchuk should still be a tier below him on the pay scale, I think.  Playoffs should have a factor in salary.  But at the same time you can't argue their value to their own teams, so who knows? 

Hockey Night In Canada is back tonight, it's actually just starting now.  I wish everyone in the thread could get the CBC for a Saturday feed.

Thank you so very much! I almost forgot about it! *watches*

Edited by Deraldin

And the Petr Bondra/ Marc Savard/ Marian Hossa line is the ****ing bomb!!

Of course what will happen when they play someone other than Washington.

I spent a fair bit of time watching the Bruins/Penguins game. All I can say is never take a lead for granted in the new NHL. Glen Murray for teh winnah.

And the Oilers tie the game in the last minute of the third and go on to win the shootout. Welcome back HNIC. 'hugs teevee'

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

[grumble]

Had to work tonight

[/grumble]

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Man, Vancouver played like crap tonight. And what was with Naslund's wimpy attempt in that shootout? Didn't look like he put any effort in at all.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Goooooooo Edmonton!

Hemsky's shot was phenomenol. He was like "I think I'll put my shot.....there!" BAM, goal.

Horcoff with another one. I really hope he has a breakout season, and it seems Cross' play in the preseason stayed in the preseason. I felt he played a solid game (as in he just did his job).

Smyth is hurt though :)

Edited by alanschu

Crosby had a good night too, even though they lost. 1 goal 2 assists means 5 points in 3 games. Not bad at all! The Kid is starting to wake up.

Edit: Spelling errors.

Edited by mkreku

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Goooooooo Edmonton!

Hemsky's shot was phenomenol.  He was like "I think I'll put my shot.....there!"  BAM, goal.

Horcoff with another one.  I really hope he has a breakout season, and it seems Cross' play in the preseason stayed in the preseason.  I felt he played a solid game (as in he just did his job).

Smyth is hurt though :blink:

The whole game me and my friend were like "WTF is Vancouver doing? Edmonton isn't even playing well and they're all over them."

Then that shootout. Dear god Naslund. Right, he'll never expect the 5 hole, especially if you don't deke. Jesus.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Zetterberg 1 goal 3 assists. Nice night for him. Other than that it was a slow night for hockey.

It would have been a slow night, if I didn't have to fight myself for the lead in my hockey pool.

Today was extremely lame. Between eleven hours of work, a pre thanksgiving dinner, and everything else I only managed to catch the last minute of the Chicago-Columbus game. At least Tyler Arnason and Robert Lang came through.

1 19 Kor Qel Droma 56 5 56 7 0.71 1 - 13

2 18 Corey Borko 54 4 54 5 0.80 1 2 13

3 39 Bill & Kenton 53 2 53 4 0.50 2 3 10

4 6 Rob Mickanuik 52 1 52 2 0.50 0 4 13

Of course at work I am known as the Brian Savage of hockey pools.

edited for grammar and a whack of missing words

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

And here are some suprising stats so far...

2005-2006 - Regular Season - Penalty Kill - PENALTY KILL %

1 NSH 100.0

28 PHI 69.2

29 SJS 66.6

30 CGY 62.5

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

*faints* WTF is wrong with the Senators? WTF I ask you!? 3 goals against in like 3 minutes!?

My reaction: :blink::o :'( :angry:

EDIT: Reaction has moved on to :ermm: :cool: :lol::- as the Sens scored again.

Edited by Deraldin

And Calgary isn't holding up too well against Colorado. I can see my lead dissapearing as the minutes go by unless Radek Dvorak can score a dozen points.

unless of course Jason Spezza ends up with three all by himself :-

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif