NHL is back

Cantousent

Wow those Maple Leafs are on a roll :shifty:

And Kipper leads the Flames to Victory for Edmonton !! ;)

I guess the Flames like playing against Edmonton ,hopefully this is the start of good things too come, however Iginla still needs to play way better if Calgary is gonna go anywhere

post-14605-1129872056_thumb.jpg

I missed every hockey game tonight. But it looks like I made a killing in my pool as well, so maybe its karma. I can't really comment about Calgary and Edmonton, but I do know that Iginla is a notoriously slow starter. He doesn't start shooting the puck until at least game ten or so. Then it takes him another month to wake up. Then the four point nights start coming.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Neat, Vancouver is now the top team in the league. Wonder if they can keep it up.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

http://www.torontosun.com/Sports/Hockey/20...270635-sun.html

Just a quick update on Sundin's eye. It's very positive, and it's only gone two weeks. Still.. I had reckoned he'd be back by now. I've never had an eye injury myself though, so I know nothing about them. Just feels.. weird, to be able to play with a broken ankle and a broken wrist after just a few days and then be gone for 2+ weeks for a puck to the eye.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Were they actually "broken" ankles and wrists?

In any case, you can brace the crap out of them like a bunch of crazy mofos to the point where you're not really putting any weight on them.

Blurry vision though is blurry vision.

Were they actually "broken" ankles and wrists?

Probably not. I just remember him coming back to play a lot quicker than anyone would have expected. Once during the regular season (foot) and once in the playoffs (wrist, they pumped him full of painkillers.. he could barely shoot at all).

You know, I just finished watching last nights highlights. As impressive as Jagr was, I would have to say the player of the night was Vinny Lecavalier. The last goal he scored to put TB up 6-0 was absolutely brilliant.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I remember players like Chelios playing throughout the playoffs with a broken ankle.

I think with braces (and even skate technology), finding ways to take weight off the ankle is probably not THAT hard of a thing to do.

I'm going to the Colorado game tonight, so if you see any bizarro things that Aebischer does in net, it's because I'm manipulating him with the force.

And when Ales Hemsky lays out Rob Blake, it's because I put a Force Shield on him....

<sigh>....If only I were a jedi... :p

So uh.......some good things happened.

Rita obliterated some guy with an open ice check.

Laraque smashed the crap out of Brad May (who earlier tried to take on Rita for his hit).

We didn't get shut out.

It's still only counts as 1 loss.

I love the Oilers. There may be other teams I'll cheer for during a season ( Tampa Bay all the way was my slogan in 03/04) but it's really getting hard, you know? Everyone has a theory about what their team should do, but I think its time for Edmonton to get rid of their coaching staff.

Craig MacTavish was the last player to not wear a helmet, and the way he just stands on the bench shows that.

Charlie Huddy we should keep. For no reason other than he's Charlie Huddy.

Craig Simpson should go back to being a sportscaster.

Of course if they win their next game I'll gladly eat crow, but who knows when the next victory for the Oilers is going to come... :blink:

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

If you ever look at the forums at sportsnet , well especially after tonights loss seems everyone wants to kick Mactavish to the curb, I just think its too early to make a coaching change a team should play like 20 games to have a better evaluation of how the club is doing!!

Perhaps they should get a physiatrist and tell Hemsky to shot alot he's got the tools but hasn't shown anything

Oilers will have to address there goalie situation cause the duo of Markaneen and Conklin ain't gonna work(well Conklin hasn't shown any improvement)

you will see goal tending is important just like Kipper has started to get back into form that strong goal tending will be needed from Edmonton to get them back on track...

But its to early to panick Edmonton fans

Ooh, Delta. Try the 'edit' button down on the right hand side of the screen. I could rip about a Flames fan being a double poster, but its late.

How many years have the Oilers made the playoffs with MacTavish as coach?

I don't mind losing in the first round to Dallas. Because for the most part its pretty gritty hockey. But if the team can't make it to the playoffs , well then there is a problem.

The season is early, this I know, but at the same point how long do you have to wait before a major change is made? Its not like the Oilers can ship out Cross and Laraque for Alex Tanguay, now can they?

I can't really rip on my own team anymore. Its not like I'm going to stop cheering or watching. Win or lose, I'm an Oiler fan for life.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

What's worse? Six straight losses or getting your captain injured seven minutes into the season opener?

The Oilers will turn this around.

I'd say six straight losses consider what the leafs have managed to get down without Sundin. :-"

Well, they started the season with three losses in a row. But you're right, they've been playing like hockey gods (almost) these last four contests. Lindros and Steen have been totally outstanding, and even Aki Berk is getting some praise. That doesn't happen every day, trust me.

Still.. I think the Leafs would be even better than they are now with Sundin in the lineup. He's the clutch player (second after Claude Lemieux, but he's retired), and I think some of these overtime games wouldn't have gone to overtime with Sundin playing. Also, he's definitely an offensive force to be reckoned with and I have a hard time seeing the Leafs losing twice to Ottawa if Sundin had been there.

Sundin's THE clutch player? Interesting then he seems to be lacking in the Cup department. Go figure.

Yup. Sundin is not a team, he is a player. It takes a team to win a cup.

So.. can you name one player that has scored more game winning goals or sudden death goals than Sundin in the last 5-6 years?