NHL is back

Cantousent

Teemu Selanne, I hate you!

Damnit now it's two nil for the Ducks. It's time for rally caps (already) Alanschu!!!

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Meh, if there's one thing I never do, it's give up on the copper and blue!

I was very happy with their effort at the end of the first, and after a shaky start by Markkanen (he was struggling with rebounds, which he spoon fed to Perry, though the Selanne goal was a doozy), we picked it up.

And then Stoll decides "Hey, I'm the PP shot man" and starts firing like crazy (which is a good thing). Some nice passes to set him up, and Torres with a wonderful deflection. And Pronger with two assists blasting his shot for gimme rebounds for Reasoner and Dvorak. Nice job rallying and bringing out the win.

3-0 wooohoooo!

That really was an impressive performance. I didn't want to give up on the boys either, but those two goals in the first made me think many bad thoughts about the team.

I think that between the Vancouver game and tonight Marty Reasoner looks to be headed for a career year if he can stay healthy. Stoll seems to have executed what the Oil wanted MAB to do on the PP last year, and then some. Good times good times.

And this was my headgear for the night. Cap first then the touque.

post-7948-1129013206_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I had to go to bed early last night, so I just woke up to see the results this morning. I guess I should be pretty used to Hasek & Co. beating on my poor defensless, Sundin-less Leafs by now.. But I must say it kind of sucks that we're supposed to meet Ottawa five times more this season! I mean, where's the excitement if you've lost the first three meetings? It feels like, "Cool, no use watching anymore games because I already know we're not going to make the playoffs this year because we keep meeting the same ****ing team from the same conference for the billionth time and they always win".

At least Ovechkin scored again.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I had to go to bed early last night, so I just woke up to see the results this morning. I guess I should be pretty used to Hasek & Co. beating on my poor defensless, Sundin-less Leafs by now.. But I must say it kind of sucks that we're supposed to meet Ottawa five times more this season! I mean, where's the excitement if you've lost the first three meetings? It feels like, "Cool, no use watching anymore games because I already know we're not going to make the playoffs this year because we keep meeting the same ****ing team from the same conference for the billionth time and they always win".

At least Ovechkin scored again.

Six more times. You only played Ottawa twice. The third loss was to Montreal remember? :ermm:

Hey Mkreku, have you heard anything about this?

http://www.nhl.com/news/2005/10/237894.html

Oh yeah, there was a rumour that this huge sports channel called Eurosport was trying to purchase the rights to show NHL games. I didn't believe it when I read about it, because usually that channel shows stuff like.. curling.. horse polo.. snooker.. and assorted other really ridiculous sports. Apparently they're trying to redeem themselves, as they've begun taking their MMA shows seriously and they might start showing NHL.

Lucky me moved to a new apartment 4 months ago that does not have access to Eurosport.. :p

Yes! The Leafs finally won one! And it was against the much hyped Flyers, nonetheless! Apparently Mikael Tellquist was excellent in goal, Eric Lindros is starting to look like the Lindros from the Legion of Doom period again and Alexander Steen continues to produce in the young line (Wellwood, Stajan and Steen).

It was so long since the Leafs last won something, I had forgotten how good it feels :))

What's up with Georges Laraque? He seems even more lethargic than usual. I guess he'll never be the 20/20 man he said he was going to be a few years ago.

And after having only three shutouts in the first week of play tonight we are fortunate enough to see two. This means a pair of goose eggs in my pool.

5-0 for the Wild over Vancouver? Say it ain't so!

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

http://www.torontosun.com/Sports/Hockey/20...258792-sun.html

I think us Leafs fans are in a streak of good news or something! Mats Sundin will not be needing surgery on his orbital bone fracture, which means he's (again) going to be back a lot sooner than expected! Now those three losses in a row don't seem so bad anymore. The future looks bright now that we've seen Lindros shaping up, Allison stayng healthy (at least up until now) and Sundin on his way to a speedy recovery :-)

I'm more worried about the way every player that comes near georges when he has the puck has the uncanny knack to strip him of it.

BTW Alanschu what do you think of the Oilers new website. I noticed they have a forum... :thumbsup:

And anyone watching the highlights tonight should check out the goal Jagr scored. He actually looks in another direction while firing off a beautiful wrist shot that completely fooled Marty Brodeur. I missed that ****.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Lindros seems reinvigorated!

The Big E has been crunching opponents along the boards like there's no tomorrow ever since he started wearing the white and blue. Too bad Allison doesn't seem as hot as Lindros. Oh well.

"Mats Sundin has been cleared to perform light workouts. But the Leafs captain remains uncertain as to when his eye injury will heal to the point where he can return to the ice.

The good news for Sundin is that doctors, so far, have not prescribed corrective surgery. Unfortunately, vision out of his damaged left eye remains blurry, almost a week after he suffered his injury.

"I can see you guys (media) but you're blurry, it's like a camera that's not in focus," said Sundin, at Leafs practice yesterday, autographing sticks for charity.

"It's hard to tell any difference day to day right now. I haven't been told of any time period (for a return to the ice). I keep meeting with doctors, and we go from there.""

Source: Some Toronto newspaper.

Damn. He won't be playing the Atlanta Thrashers tonite :p

Edited by mkreku

I totally disagree. You can freeze an ankle and still play on it. If you tried to play with a broken orbital bone the results could be disasterous. Since he doesn't require surgery, there is nothing to do but wait for the bones to heal.

I'm not questioning Sundins' heart at all. But this is the kind of injury you don't rush back from. Ask Danny Heatley or Derek Morris.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Haha, I said in an earlier post today that I wished Allison was as hot as Lindros..

Allison tonight: 1 goal 2 assists!

Leafs are looking GREAT right now!