NHL is back

Cantousent

Whoo... 1 nothing Vancouver in the 2nd.

EDIT: Make that 2 nothing. Ohlund, then Naslund

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Raise of hands to show who's glad hockey has returned.

*raises hand*

Apparently we had a parade in Vancouver to welcome hockey back.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The Leaf fans behind the announcers during the pregame show on TSN were mighty cool.

Did the CBC ratify their new contract yet? I've been humming the HNIC theme all day...

dammit the avs just tied the game with seven minutes left. I blame the TSN people who just finished talking about the Oiler lead.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Oilers for teh win!!! I totally rocked my hockey pool tonight. My one team was a perfect 20 points for 20 players while my KQD team pulled in a meager 14 points.

I guess Naslund is on pace for a 164 goal season. Thats cool.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

And still no real news about Sundin's eye. At least you guys didn't have to go to bed worried! I never care for the results of the games on opening night, I just want to sit back and enjoy the hockey and try to recognize the new talent and which players that are playing well for their teams.

Ovechkin impressed me a lot. Again.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Does Kipper rhyme with Giguerre? Kiprusoff looked weak in the preseason, and then he got lit up for 5 goals last night. I just don't understand why everyone had him rated so high. He's still unproven in the NHL, and this is his first season as a starter.

I have to agree. Many goalies come in to produce a good run-in and a monster post-season, only to drop considerably when the regular season restarts. Kiprusoff will only be a true star once he proves he can perform consistently over several seasons.

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

Anyone else get a really bad picture when watching on the OLN network? The ice was so blindingly white that there was a ton of glare. I don't think it's my TV. I'm hoping they correct it quickly. I miss ESPN coverage already.

Sundin is out 4-6 weeks grrrrr... on a happier note, Lindros and Allison had great games.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Sundin is out 4-6 weeks grrrrr... on a happier note, Lindros and Allison had great games.

Yeah, I just read that the puck broke a bone in his face, right under his eye. Not good. Not good at all. This will ruin a lot of the matches for me.

Let's hope Lindros, Allison and (despite being a traitor) Forsberg stays healthy at least.

That's gotta hurt!! I suppose Sundin will have to temporarily where a visor when he returns

Not that he has ever been a fan of it

Hey one game is one game lets all see how kipper does over the next couple of months before we call him a Giguere

I know its only been two days since the season started, but I'm winning my hockey pool so far!

That color pick of Mats is far more gruesome than the B&W one I saw in my morning paper. I still wish someone had that pic I was talking about earlier.

And as much as I dislike the Blues I have to say they put in a mighty decent effort trying to rally against Detroit last night. I had to laugh because when they introduced the Blues lineup last night I was saying 'who the **** are these people?'.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I just think that people have over-rated Kipper. For every Patrick Roy that is born, there are a ton of one season wonders like Jim Carey, Giguerre, Marty Turco...there are a ton who I can't even name (Who took Vancouver to the finals in 94?)

Many of these goalies manage to have a decent career, but very few reach the top echelon. Kipper has a long way to go before he's earned a spot up there.

I think the whole Pittsburgh team is sucking right now. I want nothing that serious, just a hat trick for Sergei Gonchar and a pair of assists to boot.

Besides, nobody should lose to Carolina. They are the Phoenix of the east. At least the Caps have Ovechkin and Ollie the goalie.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Bondra seems to be thriving on the offensive Thrashers. 6 shots on goal and it's only halfway into the second period! Add 1 goal and 2 assists to that.