No transit

Ok,

I have played Kotor II through 9 times, and never has the transit button even shown up on the map screen. Am I doing something wrong here? I am getting tired of running around because I can apparate! :ermm:

Thanks,

(Marine Axiom)

Sweat Dries

Blood Clots

Bones Heal

SUCK IT UP!

Ever saw the Defense AI option?

No?

Well, it got a similar fate as Transit. CUT!

Ok I see. The booklet shows the transit, but it was cut from the game. Cheap b**turds!

(Marine Axiom)

Sweat Dries

Blood Clots

Bones Heal

SUCK IT UP!

Ever saw the Defense AI option?

No?

Well, it got a similar fate as Transit. CUT!

Ok I see. The booklet shows the transit, but it was cut from the game. Cheap b**turds!

What a little bitch. It's on Telos.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

There's also Nar Shaddaa, where

you can construct your own transit system.

Given how I relied on the transit system in Kotor 1, it's surprising how little I missed it in Kotor 2. Part of that is just that the combat was relatively easy, but I'm sure Obsidian also gave some thought to making it unnecessary.

There were a few times when I could have used a 'rest' option, but not many. Healing was just too easy, even on DS.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

If you look at it like that it is also on Dxun.

But the things there are different from what said in the maunual.

And not quite comparable either...

And keep the insulting and flaming to a minimum (or better, just don't)

Well alot things were cut from the game. Like upgrading your swoop.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Also if you miss anything it's usually pretty close to the landing site or they have a little man waiting to take you to camp.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Nope, they did want to introduce it, no idea why it was removed though.

I mean, this little option would likely be LESS work than adding in Transport consoles on Telos, a guide on Dxun and a speeder on Nar Shaddaa (including damage trigger, additional speeder spawn stuff etc.)

QUOTE(Stargate: 2000 @ Aug 7 2004, 05:20 PM)

is the transit system still in the game?

if so will we be able to transit anywhere else other than the ebon hawk or hide out?

It is still in the game. While I'm not certain, I'm getting the impression that it will be available a little less this time around because of the nature of the quests and situations you find yourself in.

-Akari

I was really quite disappointed when i realised there was no transit feature in K2, i always found it stupidly boring having to run back and forwards between large playing areas which had nothing of interest in. :wub:

From wwhat I understand; there were some encounters which only happened when coming back to the landing area of 'Hawk. That's why the lack of transit.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

reminds me of transiting from the Wookies little village back to the hawk and fighting my way through to the aussalting wooks in K1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Well, the Transit system I could do without. What I really would like to be able to do is to use the map screen to travel between the pointers there. I mean, if you have the place on your map, then you've already been there, and so it should be easy to jump there.

For example, if I'm in the Czerka office on Citadel station and I want to go to the cantina, then why I'd want to open them map screen, flip through the maps and find the Cantina, then click on the point there, where I want to go. The game could then check if there are any set encounters along the way and block me if there are.

That would have saved an awful lot of boring walking and annoying loading screens.

They probably wanted to introduce more realistic and practical ways for quick transit in the form of guides and shuttles.

Nope, they did want to introduce it, no idea why it was removed though.

I mean, this little option would likely be LESS work than adding in Transport consoles on Telos, a guide on Dxun and a speeder on Nar Shaddaa (including damage trigger, additional speeder spawn stuff etc.)

QUOTE(Stargate: 2000 @ Aug 7 2004, 05:20 PM)

is the transit system still in the game?

if so will we be able to transit anywhere else other than the ebon hawk or hide out?

It is still in the game. While I'm not certain, I'm getting the impression that it will be available a little less this time around because of the nature of the quests and situations you find yourself in.

I think they were going for a total solution, whereby there were multiple methods to achieve similar effects. But their eyes were too big for their monkey-coding-brains, and they ran out of time and just cut the transit system, because it required a lot of tweaking, as

From what I understand, there were some encounters which only happened when coming back to the landing area of 'Hawk. That's why the lack of transit.

is also true.

:(

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Well, the Transit system I could do without. What I really would like to be able to do is to use the map screen to travel between the pointers there. I mean, if you have the place on your map, then you've already been there, and so it should be easy to jump there.

That requires an exceptionally sophisticated pathfinding AI, with impressive collision-detection, both of which were quite poor in K2.

For example, if I'm in the Czerka office on Citadel station and I want to go to the cantina, then why I'd want to open them map screen, flip through the maps and find the Cantina, then click on the point there, where I want to go. The game could then check if there are any set encounters along the way and block me if there are.

That would have saved an awful lot of boring walking and annoying loading screens.

That's not boring, that's immersion-enablement! :(

Seriously, though, it was my inference that there was a conscious effort to flesh out the areas by putting triggers and action areas in distant and non-linear connecting paths, to try to encourage the feeling of large, open spaces for the PC to explore.

I thought it was quite well handled, though, e.g. especially on Dxun and Onderon, in that there were guides to escalate passage through completed areas, and cut-scenes were timed to intercept the narrative and propel it to the next interactive part.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I don't get what the problem with load screens is. unless you have a really slow processor, load times shouldn't be more than 5-10 seconds.

Ya and they're only that long on the Xbox too.

• 1 month later...

The transit option was helpful in K1 as the game tended to lag for quite a bit if I walked the long way back to the Ebon Hawk.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧