Coolest Looking Sith Lord (K1, K2, Movies)

Who is the coolest looking sith lord. I know there are a dozen other polls on favourite sith lords, but this is a coolest looking sith lord poll, not the same thing!  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the coolest looking sith lord. I know there are a dozen other polls on favourite sith lords, but this is a coolest looking sith lord poll, not the same thing!

• Darth Maul
    • Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine (both normal and disfigured)
    • Darth Tyrannus/Count Dooku
    • Darth Vader ( Hayden version and suited version both count)
    • Darth Revan
    • Darth Malak
    • Darth Traya/ Kreia
    • Darth Sion
    • Darth Nihilus
    • Darth Jar Jar ( just making sure you're still paying attention)

I don't think George Lucas was paying much attention to the story of Darth Maul, or cared much. However, looking back, I don't see Maul as evil. He wasn't a seething ball of rage. He was controlled, and never commited an evil act that I can really see.

Rage isn't necessarily displayed externally (speaking from personal experience :thumbsup:").

Based on what you told me about him (haven't read novelization), he's motivation is based on revenge and hatred. Which are darkside paths. I wouldn't put him up there with the Sociopathic murderer type, but I still contend that he was darkside.

I mean, Darth Plageus didn't sound like all that evil of a guy, but he was a Sith Lord. He could save lives because of his power...but I suspect it's the selfish nature of that power and his lust for power that made him dark.

I imagine that that was in the novelization?

Still, in Episode 1 there's a part with the two on the ledge, and Maul is going on about how the Jedi are going to pay and all that...which indicates hatred and revenge as motivators to me.

I don't think George Lucas was paying much attention to the story of Darth Maul, or cared much.  However, looking back, I don't see Maul as evil.  He wasn't a seething ball of rage.  He was controlled, and never commited an evil act that I can really see.

Well, he just didn't get nearly enough screentime for us to really see how evil he was.

image002.gifLancer

I don't think George Lucas was paying much attention to the story of Darth Maul, or cared much.  However, looking back, I don't see Maul as evil.  He wasn't a seething ball of rage.  He was controlled, and never commited an evil act that I can really see.

Hey, this might also work on another Sith Lord

I don't think George Lucas was paying much attention to the story of Darth Sidious, or cared much.  However, looking back, I don't see Sidious as evil.  He wasn't a seething ball of rage.  He was controlled, and never commited an evil act that I can really see, as all rebels/Jedi were killed by his employees...

And when he did do evil (Master Windu) he was Palpatine... According to Best Evil Guy topic a total different person  :blink:

No Sidious sought personal power directly at the cost of innocent victims.

I think Lucas did pay attention to Sidious's story. In the DVD commentary tracks, he compares Palpatine's rise to Hitlers, and he even directly calls stormtroopers nazis.

My Darth Revan as a female was very cool looking. Nihilus looks cool but he's a push over.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

He could have killed pilots or Padme and he made no effort to do so.

As Alanshu already remarked, I recall that Padme/the pilots had already left (or was leaving) the scene by the time the hangar door opened and Darth Maul appeared. It wasn't like Maul just walked right past Padme and co. while they were right in his face.

Had Padme and co. stayed behind, Darth Maul would have attempted to kill them too unless the jedi intercept (likely to happen) very quickly.

image002.gifLancer

Well we forget that Maul could have tried choke the guy's in the hangar before they left his view. but he didn't. I guess I could see where ender is coming from but the only problem I have is who in their right mind goes around say "Horray I'm the goodest person in the world, And i use the Dark Side to do it" From what I understand every single culture considers Darkness to be touched by evil in some way shape or form. Maul from what I understand is the Closest thing we ever see to a "grey" jedi, only problem is he feels the Jedi have wronged him in some way.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Well we forget that Maul could have tried choke the guy's in the hangar before they left his view. but he didn't.

His focus was on the much greater immediate threat that intercepted him as soon as the hangar door opened.. The two jedi. Not killing others not worthy of his attention at the time (understandably) does not imply that he is more "good" than other dark lords.

Maul from what I understand is the Closest thing we ever see to a "grey" jedi, only problem is he feels the Jedi have wronged him in some way.

The only reason Maul felt closer to a "grey" Jedi than the others is because he was so poorly developed. Had he been given more screentime, we would have seen more of his dark side.

I agree with what Battlewookie said that even though we never get to see how evil Maul is, we know he is.

image002.gifLancer

He never commits one evil act in the whole movie.  Read the novelization and you will see that Sidious trained him to truly believe the Jedi hunted down and killed all the Sith in genocide like fashion.

Maul merely wants retribution for that action.

Maul never attacks a single character save for the Jedi whom he believes to be evil.  When the hangar door opens revealing Maul, Padme and all the pilots are between Maul and the Jedi.

Maul ignores them and allows them to safely pass.

I can see it now...

Maul's lawyer: "I submit to this court that my client never acted out of evil intent and only committed those acts because he was mislead and misinformed - he was just following orders!"

Sorry, but I don't buy it, and that defense didn't work for the Nazis during the N

And dooku tries to read Tolkien and gets chased off the stage while Vader and some stormies riverdance!

I do see that Maul was using what's considered to be Evil powah to fight but in NJO at least so does Jacen Solo after the turning point in Traitor. of course this is a complete other sect outside of the Jedi, and Sith. What if he was actually incapable of feeling Happyness and kindness to the little creatures to defend the people? I'm guessing you'd back him in that situation. Maul is hard to figure out if he's truly evil or just misguided beyond all help, because he doesn't have the lines or the scenes that flesh out his charaacter. So we're never going to be able to solve this. Also I'm going to point out that Maul never tried to use Force Choke, Speed, Rage (well thats a maybe), lightening, scream, dominate mind, or any of a zillion other powers other diarksiders used. He seems more like greivous in that he's just a lightsaber master with a few extras.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

That's because Stanley Milgram hadn't done his experiment yet.  Milgram's experiment was motivated by the claims of "just following orders" and found out that ordinary people, in the span of just a little bit, where more than willing to give people an electric charge that would have killed many individuals.

So that means people are no longer responsible for their own actions? Sorry, I don't agree there.

But we digress - we're getting severely off topic now.

Darth Maul got my vote because he didn't have to try to look intimidating... he just looked totally bad-ass without trying... plus, I embarassed myself in front of Ray Park in real life and he didn't seem to mind :D

DL

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

Darth Maul got my vote because he didn't have to try to look intimidating... he just looked totally bad-ass without trying... plus, I embarassed myself in front of Ray Park in real life and he didn't seem to mind  :D

DL

He didn't try to look badass he just looked badass?

Is that before or after he got full body tattoos to show his devotion to the darkside to change his appearance?

psshhh

HA!