The beginning of KotOR2

About the Disciple part:

You look familiar because he used to be a Jedi Padawan when you were also a Jedi in training...

Then you left with Revan, and Disciple left the Order because he rather trusted the Exile's judgement than that of the Master's

(Don't blame him, who trusts Vrook? :blink: )

If I remember correctly, Atris tells you after fighting you that she arranged to bring you back on the Harbinger as part of her plan to draw out the Sith.

True, but the Exile never knew that, so that can't be the reason why he chose to come back. Nothing suggests that anyone forced him (or her) to return to the Republic, so it must have been his own decision. Yet we never hear what that reason was, which I find very odd.

perhaps if we let our powers combine we can summon a developer to talk with us... and try to fill in at least this part of the story (considering it was supposedly one of the parts that was finished :wub:" )

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Yeah, Atris said that she leaked info about the Exile and arranged for him to come back to the Republic. Now, you are asking why did the Exile decide to come back, I believe it's simply because he was summoned. While in Exile no one was looking for him and as soon as somebody was he decided "What the heck, I'll go back". It might be that simple.

As for HK, I thought it might have been the HK 50 who shot him up but it seems impossible for him to do this so...

Yeah, Atris said that she leaked info about the Exile and arranged for him to come back to the Republic. Now, you are asking why did the Exile decide to come back, I believe it's simply because he was summoned. While in Exile no one was looking for him and as soon as somebody was he decided "What the heck, I'll go back". It might be that simple.

That makes no sense to me. I mean, the people who exiled him say they want him back, and so he just comes running like a good little puppy dog?

Seems to me that rejection and exile doesn't exactly make you feel very motivated toward pleasing the people who condemned you in the first place.

The Exile may be a jedi and therefore not subject to such "negative" emotions, but he was still pretty defiant when he left the order. If he just comes running home when daddy calls, then he admits that the council was right all along and that he was wrong to defy them and choose exile rather than submit to them, let alone choose to fight the Mandalorians in the first place.

That doesn't seem very likely to me, since the stand he took was scarcely a spontaneous one - it's the sort of choice you make and stand by, because the consequences are severely obvious, and yet the Exile chose as he did. He is far more likely to say, "Oh, they cast me out, but now that I've become 'useful' they think I'll come running at their whim - they're going to be pretty disappointed..."

I always thought the Exile was just bouncing around from planet to planet, and just happened to end up in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Well, the Harbinger was headed for Onderon when he booked passage (the captain mentions that he was diverted from there to Telos) and that's not exactly in the outer rim... (In fact, it's in the "colonies" between the core worlds and the inner rim)

So why was he going there? I mean, he didn't book passage on a ship that he didn't know where was going, I think...

Well, the Harbinger was headed for Onderon when he booked passage (the captain mentions that he was diverted from there to Telos) and that's not exactly in the outer rim... (In fact, it's in the "colonies" between the core worlds and the inner rim)

It's not in the Outer Rim, but it's also not where you say it is. It's in the Inner Rim but right on the edge, bordering on the Expansion Region, which is still quite a bit away from the Core Worlds.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I always thought the Exile was just bouncing around from planet to planet, and just happened to end up in the wrong place at the wrong time.

So why was he going there? I mean, he didn't book passage on a ship that he didn't know where was going, I think...

Why not go there? It also sounds like Onderon has some significance to his past. During his reflection in the Outer Rim he may have wanted to go there and think on what had happened.

It's not in the Outer Rim, but it's also not where you say it is. It's in the Inner Rim but right on the edge, bordering on the Expansion Region, which is still quite a bit away from the Core Worlds.

It's in the "colonies" ring between the core worlds and inner rim according to the map in the d20 revised Star Wars RPG rulebook (p.209).

It's in the "colonies" ring between the core worlds and inner rim according to the map in the d20 revised Star Wars RPG rulebook (p.209).

http://www.nav-computer.com/

That site was directed to me by the people in charge of the official star wars forums and those who are in charge of continuity (leland chee)

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

That makes no sense to me. I mean, the people who exiled him say they want him back, and so he just comes running like a good little puppy dog?

Seems to me that rejection and exile doesn't exactly make you feel very motivated toward pleasing the people who condemned you in the first place.

The Exile may be a jedi and therefore not subject to such "negative" emotions, but he was still pretty defiant when he left the order. If he just comes running home when daddy calls, then he admits that the council was right all along and that he was wrong to defy them and choose exile rather than submit to them, let alone choose to fight the Mandalorians in the first place.

That doesn't seem very likely to me, since the stand he took was scarcely a spontaneous one - it's the sort of choice you make and stand by, because the consequences are severely obvious, and yet the Exile chose as he did. He is far more likely to say, "Oh, they cast me out, but now that I've become 'useful' they think I'll come running at their whim - they're going to be pretty disappointed..."

Remember, the Exile voluntarily went before the council after the Mandalorian wars. He was the only one to come back and "chat" according to the jedi masters we talk to. I think the Exile was willing to at least hear what they had to say, even if he still feels going to war was the right thing to do.

At least that's how MY Exile felt.

A big part of the problem is that there is no introduction to the Exile. You could argue the same in K1, of course, but in K1 Revan had lost his memories. That is not true in K2, we just don't get to hear what those memories are, and we're sort of forced to pick up stuff about the character we're playing along the way.

I personally feel this was the greatest disappointment in K2 - how on Earth does Obsidian expect us to identify with a character that we're not allowed to know anything about? How are we supposed to make choices for this character, when we don't know the first thing about his background and his experiences? I mean, you gether that something happened on Malachor V, but you don't know what it is. It's just sort of revealed along the way, even though *my* character was right there, and I'm still not allowed to know :angry:

The scene were you meet Bao-Dur is just peculiar - "It's good to see you again, General". Uhm, do I know this guy or not - DO I KNOW HIM, YOU STUPID GAME!?! :angry:

Where I will defend K2 on many points despite its incomplete nature, this is one area where Obsidan really failed miserably - their attempts to make us identify with the main character that the player is supposed to control are just pathetic :(:p

How the **** can you tell the plot of a computer game when you won't allow the player to know his protagonist?!? :):thumbsup:

I always wondered why Exile didn't recognise bao. In the beginning he's referred to as a lowly tech. but at the end you learn he's the one who was told to set off the Mass Shadow Gen! I think you'd remeber sombody who was that important, unless Exile was blocking his entire experiance of the war which seems unlikly given some of the lines in the game. :ph34r:

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I always wondered why Exile didn't recognise bao. In the beginning he's referred to as a lowly tech. but at the end you learn he's the one who was told to set off the Mass Shadow Gen! I think you'd remeber sombody who was that important, unless Exile was blocking his entire experiance of the war which seems unlikly given some of the lines in the game. :ph34r:

The only logical reason for this is that he was unconsciously blocking, and had avoided thinking about anything related to the war for so long, that he forgot. I believe that the idea is that memories are resurfacing, triggered by people, places and situations. But you're right ... there are some conversational responses that he should not have had--or at least not without showing how he got from point A to point B.

Errr, I never had the feeling that the protagonist didn't recognize Bao-Dur.

I always figured they knew each other.

I think they stated that the Exile didn't recognize him. But considering Bao-Dur was just a regular grunt soldier/mechanic, and the Exile a top rank general, that's feasible. Think about the current day military. I doubt someone like Colin Powell or that Norman Schwartzkof (sp?) knew or recognized every single soldier that was in the US army.

I think they stated that the Exile didn't recognize him.  But considering Bao-Dur was just a regular grunt soldier/mechanic, and the Exile a top rank general, that's feasible.  Think about the current day military.  I doubt someone like Colin Powell or that Norman Schwartzkof (sp?) knew or recognized every single soldier that was in the US army.

I'd agree, except Bao-Dur isn't just a regular mechanic - he engineered the Mass Shadow Generator that ended the war, after all. I think I'd remember Oppenheimer if I were a general...

I think they stated that the Exile didn't recognize him.  But considering Bao-Dur was just a regular grunt soldier/mechanic, and the Exile a top rank general, that's feasible.  Think about the current day military.  I doubt someone like Colin Powell or that Norman Schwartzkof (sp?) knew or recognized every single soldier that was in the US army.

I'd agree, except Bao-Dur isn't just a regular mechanic - he engineered the Mass Shadow Generator that ended the war, after all. I think I'd remember Oppenheimer if I were a general...

Unless the mass shadow generator was something that was developped between Bao-dur and Revan only. Thus Exile perhaps only knew about it but not who made it.

That's just means he'd heard of him, not necessarily to recognize him.