The beginning of KotOR2

even though Exile gave bao the order? I don't remember the exact words but during one of the convo's that you have with Bao he say's "And you looked at me like somone with that fearful look in your eyes as you told me to activate the mass shadow generator."

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Yeah, Atris said that she leaked info about the Exile and arranged for him to come back to the Republic. Now, you are asking why did the Exile decide to come back, I believe it's simply because he was summoned. While in Exile no one was looking for him and as soon as somebody was he decided "What the heck, I'll go back". It might be that simple.

That makes no sense to me. I mean, the people who exiled him say they want him back, and so he just comes running like a good little puppy dog?

Seems to me that rejection and exile doesn't exactly make you feel very motivated toward pleasing the people who condemned you in the first place.

The Exile may be a jedi and therefore not subject to such "negative" emotions, but he was still pretty defiant when he left the order. If he just comes running home when daddy calls, then he admits that the council was right all along and that he was wrong to defy them and choose exile rather than submit to them, let alone choose to fight the Mandalorians in the first place.

That doesn't seem very likely to me, since the stand he took was scarcely a spontaneous one - it's the sort of choice you make and stand by, because the consequences are severely obvious, and yet the Exile chose as he did. He is far more likely to say, "Oh, they cast me out, but now that I've become 'useful' they think I'll come running at their whim - they're going to be pretty disappointed..."

Was it said that the Exile was supposed to meet with the Jedi when returrning to the Republic? I thought he was meeting with Carth or Cede when he was coming back which was Atris's plan. He is attacked by the Sith and accidently, if that's possible, bumps into Atris and then goes to gather the other Jedi to fight back.

Was it said that the Exile was supposed to meet with the Jedi when returrning to the Republic? I thought he was meeting with Carth or Cede when he was coming back which was Atris's plan. He is attacked by the Sith and accidently, if that's possible, bumps into Atris and then goes to gather the other Jedi to fight back.

A big part of the problem that they never say either way - we still have no idea why he is coming back. I truly doubt he came because the jedi masters summoned him. After all, they were all rumored to be dead, and the exile doesn't learn otherwise until he meets Atris.

But he wasn't meeting Carth/Cede either, because if that was the idea there would be no need for Carth/Cede to give secret orders to the Harbinger's captain about what to do with the exile. The captain even mentions that the exile has diplomatic status, though he doesn't know it himself.

There's little doubt that bumping into HK-50 and then being attacked by the Sith was never a part of the Exile's plan, though.

Or Exile has tried to forget him. Bad memories tend to do that and ordering the ultimate destruction in the Mandalorian Wars didn't sit well on the Exiles conscious. "I uh don't know you. Order? I never gave any order to kill 'em all" <<Denial.

Hehe, well you know I'll accept that idea if you've read my K3 plot suggestions ;)

Only trouble with it is that the it was never established, so we still can't tell either way. It fits well with some of the Exile's other behaviour, which I find a bit odd at times. There definitely seems to be things he "forgets" rather conveniently...