TankorMike

When Should KOTOR 2 Take Place  

50 members have voted

1. 1. When Should KOTOR 2 Take Place

• Before KOTOR 1
    • Right after KOTOR 1
    • Many year later

They do tend to lack depth.

No they lack choice. The depth puts most of the non Japanese RPG efforts to shame. Dont confuse depth with choice.

I stand corrected, and I change my answer.

They lack choice... and depth.

So my impressions from from the FFVIII demo wasn't completely off the mark, you need to be a jrpg fanboy to truly appreciate them ? Bad controls and save game mechanisms aside, it was just too alien for me. :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

So my impressions from from the FFVIII demo wasn't completely off the mark, you need to be a jrpg fanboy to truly appreciate them ? Bad controls and save game mechanisms aside, it was just too alien for me. :p

Depends if you played the PC version or the PSX version. The PSX version dosnt have any control issues which is not suprising as the game was designed for it.

You dont need to be a fanboy just need to be open minded. It took moving in with a Japanese girl to break down my prejudices so I'm generally not suprised.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

You dont need to be a fanboy just need to be open minded. It took moving in with a Japanese girl to break down my prejudices so I'm generally not suprised.

Yes, tried the pc version... :p

Not all of us have the benefit of japanese girls to get aquainted with cultures from the other side of the world, not that I would mind trying it out :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I don't mind console rpg's out of principle. Actually, I don't really mind console games. My "grief", based on my experiences is just that they get ported badly, leaving pc users with a feel of "missing something". Hard to describe really. I would have loved to see games like Resident Evil and Dino Crisis with some proper graphics, mouse controls and save game features (unnecessary limitations).

My problem with FFVIII (my only brief encounter with jrpg) might just as well have been an age thing, being unable to relate to the problems of children and teenagers. By the gods of my ancestors, how I wanted to put that Squall guy (was that his name ? Referred to in my mind as Squeal) over my knees and spank his attitude problems out of him.

The setting itself, without knowing the history of it seemed quite ok.

While Kotor "smells" like console, at least they hide it very well behind a piece of quality entertainment. Nice controls, nice gfx, no save game limitations. I loved the game, currently playing it through the third time. Now if they would just make PS:T in that engine... :p

Edit: Honestly, who would mind seeing Annah's tail rendered in the Odysseus engine ? :p

I wish an eventual Kotor2 would look more like the original trilogy, since Kotor had too much of the prequels' bland style. I wish the look would back away from the tall avatars and cinematics a bit too.

I hope a lot of changes are made to the combat as well, with lightsabres landing multiple strikes to down an enemy or the PC seems hard to forgive. In sabre battles something like attack and defence ratings, stances and turn by turn tactical desicions should trump hit points on the outcome. Missle to melee balance deserves some attention and battle involvement was low...

The story would be better off being totally independant of the first game in my opinion, either before or after a good century or two.

Personally, I want to see more weapon options. In KOTOR it was completely useless to take any ranks in blaster use, as you could easily run up to them and deal twice as much damage while taking about the same amount of damage. Though I realize that lightsabers are unparalleled in power in the hands of a jedi with martial focus there should be better options for those of us who use force powers from afar. Also, interesting note to allow going through the game withought becoming a jedi. This is a fun idea and plays into balancing weapons a little, but I figure it would ultimately just make too much work for the devs.

All I hear is more lightsaber customization, but I couldn

you know online play would be kewl, importing characters and all, see who would be the true ruler of all, jedi or sith, super powered or super good with a light saber, and also cutting ppl up would rock!

would also be sweet to mix weapons, sword and saber, laser hilt etc....... as one weapon i mean

Darkside story need better story then in KotOR. When I went through it second time to try darkside it was same as lightside untill last planet.:lol:

I had what must one of the worst fragging bastiches that ever walked the SW universe, and I could neither turn any of the lightside Jedis to the dark side or even get the council anything more then slightly vorried (and that with a Jedi to keep an eye on him while he pushed those two families to kill each other off)!!!!

Hell, he took time to screw up the life of anyone that crossed his path, and genereally be a really evil archtype darkmaster. But he could not even get those sith student to be afraid of him, despite that he slaughtered the old master and his apprentice. I sort of wonder what chance that they thought they had to defeat him.

Well, at least he could use his force power to puch big Z to kill Mission, but that was about one of the few realy evil options that what open for him.

If there is to be an option of joining the darkside it need a better story that is not the same up to the last moments. There should always be consquences for our actions.

you know another thought for replayability could be to do somthing along the line of choice of enemys where u can like choice to go again boda fett or maybe a hagel of em big pig things, make a good fun match with a lightsaber and a push power.... just thinking replayability and all.

An image says more than ten thousand words. Therefore:

Ninjas.jpg

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

A ninja RPG? Meh, gots to go find it, then. There's too few of them around, sadly. Now, Ninja action games or Beat em' up games are quite common, but I want to play them in RPG's as well.

Now, a Kotor, where Jedi = Ninja would be godsend, mind you.

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

Buy an Xbox and get Jade Empire. That game sounds like Bio finally decided to make a game with Ninjas in it.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.