What are your favourite shoes

Walsingham

I'd like to ask what your favourite shoes are. And as a bonus question, how you treat them.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Do you mean dress shoes, or boots? And what kind of boots are they?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Air Force Ones. Well. :D

A single inappropriate capital letter and I'm left with an image of Flatus with a presidential plane strapped to each foot zooming across the skies. :thumbsup:

My favourite shoes are black leather ones, but much thicker and sturdier leather than most. I'm afraid I don't treat them too well, and they're coming to the end of their life.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

German army issue combat boots, best on the planet. I keep em black and shiny, a leftover from my army days I guess. :">

Although not so much in the summer period, too hot.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Dr. Martens standards (proudly made by chinese sweatshop labourers earning $2 a day :D)

btw, "some people" of this board has commented on the girlieness of me being a UK size 9/US size 10/euro 43. until I was subjected to said ridicule I was under the imnpression that the size of my feet was quite normal. what size be your feet, gentlemen?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

43, and if anyone has anything to say they'll get a first hand impression of how well German army boots are crafted.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Dr. Martens standards (proudly made by chinese sweatshop labourers earning $2 a day :D)

btw, "some people" of this board has commented on the girlieness of me being a UK size 9/US size 10/euro 43. until I was subjected to said ridicule I was under the imnpression that the size of my feet was quite normal. what size be your feet, gentlemen?

I'm a UK size 7. If you're girly, Kaftan, I must be dwarf girly. :thumbsup:

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Size nine also. Coudl this be a hidden tertium quid underlying ALL Obsidian/Black Isle fans?

I used to enjoy boots, for similar reasons to you gentlemen. However I gave up on DMs after they started making them in sweatshops. The quality is just lousy. The soles keep falling away from from the uppers.

However, since I graduated to formal and informal wear I've gone for Loakes (hand made in the UK and fething indestructible), and those odd solid-soled hiking shoes. The grip is incredible, and you can run like a bastard in them if you have to.

I love my shoes, so I treat them well.

-Elwood Blues

Usually UK size 12, although sometimes 11 or 13 depending on the make.

I have big feet. :thumbsup: I don't care about that in itself, but it's always been such a pain to find decent shoes. In Viet Nam I had to get them especially made, and the shoemaker guy took five minutes to draw the outline of my foot on paper to get the measurement because he kept collapsing in fits of laughter. :'(

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

You know what they say about a man with big feet...

-Elwood Blues

I feel your pain, Steve :thumbsup:

It would appear like my ridiculer has got this whole shoesize matter wrong. (I told you so :luck:)

My Sweatshop DM's are actually as high quality as the old ones, maybe I just got lucky. The price is too high though, but I got this pair as a present.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I have two pairs of shoes/ boots that I prefer out of the 11 odd pairs of footwear I own. I have a pair of Doc Marten tobacco leather low boots that are about a half size too small, but I wear them anyway. And then I have some Adidas Adventure leather shoes that I think are the ****.

My foot size is 10and 1/2 US. BTW

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Hmm, I skateboard a lot so I'd have to say my DC's, and I treat them like crap. They've been lit on fire twice. And I also have a pair of Circas that I treat very nicely, but I'm going to Diseny World in a week with some friends so that may change pretty soon. :-

Black Loake size 8.5 brogues, because:

• all-stitched leather uppers
  • leather soles
  • the double-layer of leather (used for the brogue pattern) is excellent for
    • water resistence,
    • comfort (my other non-brogues have lost their shape),
    • insulation from heat and cold,
    • style: they are a smart, yet understated, classic statement of strength, symbolic immorigerous rectitude and functional efficacy that I wish to convey in a business setting

[*]longevity: I have had some Loakes last many years, with just a re-sole and a re-heal every six months (and sometimes a re-lining behind the the ankle).

[*]They make wide fittings, and I have extra wide feet.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I have a pair of "suit-shoes" like adults wear. I feel atleast 20 years older when I have to wear them :wacko:

They're Bj

I wear black dress shoes. They are all dirty and scuffed though. And I wear white socks with them.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Why do people care so much about shoes? I've just never understood it...all I can see is the purpose of them, to protect my feet, and a $100 price tag compared to a Payless $10 seriously makes me question the sanity of those around me.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Why do people care so much about shoes? I've just never understood it...all I can see is the purpose of them, to protect my feet, and a $100 price tag compared to a Payless $10 seriously makes me question the sanity of those around me.

Bah. My Royal Mail steel-capped shoes were free (my grandfather was a postman). Beat that for a price tag. :wacko:

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Spoken like someone who has never had to work in their life! :blink: Try standing up in cheap shoes for an eight, ten or fourteen hour shift and you'll soon change your tune.

Comfortable shoes are pro-active orthop

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT