KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Hey, if the KOTOR series really wanted to mimic the OT, then some main hero/vilain is going to have to emulate Vader's sacrifice. So why not Revan. :-

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Depends how K3's story turns out.

You could argue the same points about the movies, where ANH seemed like it should have been a one shot deal. I mean, at the end of the movie the bad guys were defeated, the Death Star destroyed. That's how K1 ended.

But then in ESB we saw that the conflict had only really just begun, same as what we saw in K2.

You can argue perhaps that they didn't implement it as well in the KOTOR series as it was done in the movies, but I don't think you can make the blanket statement you did especially when a)K1 and K2 share so many similarities to ANH and ESB, and b)you don't know how well K3 will wrap up the saga.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Regardless, K2 is going to be hard for continuation. I agree that K1 didn't even need a sequal. The fact that K2 was made a direct sequal is why it was so hard to accomodate the storyline, mainly because of Revan's multiple personality. If they were smart, they would have done it in a different time period and start with a whole new storyline. At least that's what I think.

As for Revan, all I can say is they better not kill him/her off. :wacko: I guess that stems from having been Revan myself. And for some reason, Revan made a bigger impression on me than the exile. If K3 wanted to use exile as the main character, I think that would be better for a couple reasons:

You wouldn't have to come up with a new PC, and also would not have to worry about finding an official face for the exile. Also, if they wanted to start the exile over, they could have some sort of even occur where the PC loses his/her powers and has to start over. At the end of K2, they never clearly stated whether the exile's 'wound in the force' was healed, so I think that would help out.

If KOTOR 3 completes the story arch we are in now (regardless of how we got there), then at least one of the protagonists (i.e. Revan/Exile) will need to have a "hard coded" identity. They *might* be able to keep one of them a bit ambiguous but there is no way in heck they can keep them both ambiguous.

Chances are, they will present Revan as someone who did not really fall (at least in his own mind) and sacrificed himself to the DS to save the Republic. That is the main impression one gets from K2 about Revan.

The Exile needs a name. I personally think it would be cool to choose Exile's race, skin color, gender, lightsaber style, whatever, in dialogue. But things like alignment would be hard-coded. Again, immersiveness does not need true choices...only the illusion of choice.

Both Revan and the Exile need "real resolution", IMO to prevent this franchise from becoming a soap. However, there might be ways to do this without killing them off. I like the idea that Revan switches off his lightsaber and becomes a senator (at the end of K3).

I must say that I don't really understand what people are talking about - KotOR2 is a cliff-hanger as far as I can tell - it's begging for a sequel.

All Kreia's talk of the true Sith and how Revan went to the unknown regions? They already set up the third game, so what's all the fuss about? Besides, there have been several suggestions on this board regarding what could be happening in a KotOR3, so...

I really hated it when I found out that K3 was already in the works but then scrapped by LA. In my opinion, scrapping K3 was a bad move on their part. Even after all this time, K3 hasn't been announced yet. The way things look now, K2 came out too soon and K3 will come out too late. :thumbsup: At least they're not as bad as Blizzard when it comes to Starcraft. (still waiting for Starcraft: Ghost to come out)

I must say that I don't really understand what people are talking about - KotOR2 is a cliff-hanger as far as I can tell - it's begging for a sequel.

All Kreia's  talk of the true Sith and how Revan went to the unknown regions? They already set up the third game, so what's all the fuss about? Besides, there have been several suggestions on this board regarding what could be happening in a KotOR3, so...

That argument could run and run and run and ... well, you get the idea.

Sure, a third game can be made. K2 ended with a lot of vague generalisations about "True Sith" and "beyond the Outer Rim" and so forth, just like it began with a hazily defined Revan: what was the impact on K2 of the players' choices of Revan's particulars? (That's a rhetorical question, the answer is: none.)

Just like Paramount never wrote the succeding Star Trek films, they were all written as if they were the last, from the first experimental (Star Trek: The Motion Picture[!]) until the tenth one. (Actually, I seem to recall after the fourth there was a decision made to make ten films in total, but until then, it was one at a time.)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I see a large problem with the senator suggestion: Senators are elected officials. Revan recently led a large evil fleet to conquer the galaxy, destroying many planets and killing thousands in the process. Even the fans he gained by defeating the Mandalorians would be loath to welcome him back with open arms.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Well, if he was lightside, he defeated the Sith and saved the galaxy, so I think that would earn him some more fans. :thumbsup: Still, I'd prefer to see Revan as a badass Jedi Master helping to rebuild the order (with help from Bastila, of course :wub: ) by teaching other Jedi instead of some senator. This is assuming he was lightside, of course.

I'd like the game to require some sort of sacrifice.

Cool moments where the player has two friends in peril, and the NPC had the chance to save one, and only one, type stuff.

Maybe a moment where ultimated the best thing to do would be to sacrifice his beloved Bastila :devil:

Although I could see it making sense, Revan as darkside showed he understood what it takes to win a war.

okokokok, I'm just not as much of a Bastila fanboy, so I thought I'd throw that in there ;)

All Kreia's  talk of the true Sith and how Revan went to the unknown regions? They already set up the third game, so what's all the fuss about? Besides, there have been several suggestions on this board regarding what could be happening in a KotOR3, so...

It was a bad ending and a very poorly written cliffhanger. They way I interpretted KotOR 2 it is begging to be put out of our misery.

Harvey

I don't think jedi are caught up in civil politics to the point where a jedi becomes a senator, The people would think he's using his powers of "persuasion" to get around the system.

"This bill isn't what you will vote on"

"This bill isn't what I will vote on"

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Correct.

Revan would become a madarin (probably under an assumed idetity): a Private Secretary to the Executive Chancellor, or some such. This would enable maximum leverage in the critical decision making, whilst allowing for the discretion afforded by a career in the public service as opposed to life as a politician, and there is also no need for the tiresome necessity of winning elections ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

KotOR 2 is begging to be put out of our misery.

*pulls out shot gun and blows K2 away* Happy? ;)

What i wanna see is simple, a good new plotline, some new characters, but finding out what happened to the old ones from KI and KII and the close to the saga with a huge finale. and more influence

So your asking for a semi-clone of K2 but completed... odd.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

are you guys going to make this game or what Fio? I don't want to be posting my ideas and just have them be ideas instead of being incorporated into the next Kotor, then thats just a complete waste of time and ideas. :ermm:

They'll make it jodo when this thread comes to KotoR: Ideas and Suggestions, part 327 :(" .....the only purpous of this thread is to contain a huge numbers of topics related to K3 being around, not for your or anyones idea being incorporated in the next possible Kotor.

are you guys going to make this game or what Fio? I don't want to be posting my ideas and just have them be ideas instead of being incorporated into the next Kotor, then thats just a complete waste of time and ideas. :thumbsup:

They'll make it jodo when this thread comes to KotoR: Ideas and Suggestions, part 327 :-" .....the only purpous of this thread is to contain a huge numbers of topics related to K3 being around, not for your or anyones idea being incorporated in the next possible Kotor.

... And especially to keep lame ideas out of harms way. :p

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

What I just want to know is why the giant pink bunny hates K2 and doesn't even want to see K3 yet keeps contributing to this thread?

The way things are going right now, the fans would just be better off making K3 themselves. It'd probably leave a lot more people satisfied.

What I just want to know is why the giant pink bunny hates K2 and doesn't even want to see K3 yet keeps contributing to this thread? 

You haven't been around these boards for long have you.

That's pretty much Hades' entire posting history. He hates something so much he's just gotta post about it 7000 times to let anyone know who might have missed the other 6999 posts of negativity.

are you guys going to make this game or what Fio? I don't want to be posting my ideas and just have them be ideas instead of being incorporated into the next Kotor, then thats just a complete waste of time and ideas. :-

They'll make it jodo when this thread comes to KotoR: Ideas and Suggestions, part 327 :lol:" .....the only purpous of this thread is to contain a huge numbers of topics related to K3 being around, not for your or anyones idea being incorporated in the next possible Kotor.

... And especially to keep lame ideas out of harms way. :lol:

Like Eddo36's? :lol: