A bit......brief

Okay, right off the bat i would just like to say that i really enjoyed KOTOR II. It had a lot more to offer than the first game........but i also felt that it fell behind in several areas as well.

For instance, doesn't it bother anyone else that the first level of the game (Peragus and attached ship) was so much bigger than any other area in the game. Especially Korriban. This was a particular letdown of mine, as i was really looking forward to exploring the ruined Sith Academy from the previous game. Unfortunately, most of the areas were blocked off and you barely spend any time there whatsoever. Not to mention that the last planet was basically kill each identical enemy before all 10 of them kick your ass.........kind of got old.

Another area i thought lacked behind a bit was the NPC development. In KOTOR, all of the NPC's with you had a clearly defined, if cheezy reason for following you around, but in this installment..........Okay, I can understand Handmaiden, Kreia, and HK........and maybe Canderous and Bao Dur............but that bounty hunter chick? That floating orb GO-TO or whatever? One just kind of tags along and the other doesn't like instability. Right.

I thought the villans in this were really wishy washy as well. Let's see, we have the chick assassin who's supposed to be completely brainwashed by Nhilous, and yet you defeat her once and she follows you slavishly around.........Sion, who is supposed to be so full of rage and what have you that he's just bits and pieces, yet you can convince him to kill himself, and Nhilous who's supposed to be this great and evil devourere of planets, super mass murderer strong guy, and yet you beat him once and away he goes.......and then there's Kreia, who, as the final boss and this supposedly super powerful sith lord proceeds to make 3 or 4 lightsabers fly around and attack you and then is utterly defeated when you destroy them........and then you go and toss yourself into a black hole so you can reappear next to revan in some distant universe and fight sith ghosts or something. At least if you're the light side. I'll have to try dark and see if it's different.

But whatever. Not trying to say it was a bad game because i enjoyed it immensely. It just seemed to me that the story and level design could have used a little more work.

Better ;)

You'll fit in nicely. Newbies who take advice to their hearts can't be that bad.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Taris was also bigger than any other area in KOTOR:1, so the size of Peragus doesn't bother me. And I think Nar Shadda on the whole may have been just as big as Peragus. Telos is also pretty big when you consider it's a space station, planet and underground.

Likewise if you count Dxun as an extension of Onderon, then that's a pretty big location as well.

With KOTOR:1, none of the planets approached the size or detail of Taris.

I always thought Manaan was close to matching the size of Taris , since it has an East, west and other sectors of it just as Taris has, but yeah it didnt have underground levels too. I would rate that as the second biggest world in K1.

and if you screw up he'll blow you up... I just found that a tad bit annoying. Mira followed you because she had no reason to stay on Nar Shadda and because she has a contract with Zek Ki El (sp?) to protect you.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I couldn't figure out why _______ was following me.

Fill in blank with:

++ Disciple (to learn more my ass)

++ Mandalore (reuniting the clans? Please. Go by yourself)

++ Mira (despite she was contacted with Zez Kai El to protect you, you're the one with the lightsaber)

++ G0-T0 (why... annoying, whiny...)

++ Atton (why was he there? why didn't he leave after Peragus?)

Ones with a somewhat decent reason for following you:

++ Kreia - aided in reconcection to the Force/teaches you more about it

++ Bao-Dur - following the general? Uh, sure... "old habits die hard."

++ Visas - the slave act got a little old, but oh well

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

Fill in blank with:

++ Disciple (to learn more my ass)

++ Mandalore (reuniting the clans? Please. Go by yourself)

++ Mira (despite she was contacted with Zez Kai El to protect you, you're the one with the lightsaber)

++ G0-T0 (why... annoying, whiny...)

Mical - because he loves you, if you are female. Otherwise he doesn't follow you.

Canderous - because he welcomes an opportunity to have a good fight, and dangers seem to follow you; also the opportunity to seek the scattered Mandalorians. Also... maybe he hopes the Ebon Hawk can give him some clues about Revan's location, although he agreed to join you before he learned that your ship was the Ebon Hawk.

Mira - uhm, the Jolee Bindo thing. Just for fun and diversity. She has no more reason to follow you than her counterpart in the first game.

G0-T0 - because he needs to monitor you, as you can help him with his plans to bring stability to the Republic. There's no reason why you need to keep him onboard, though.

You are right about Peragus, it's so long and boring. It's supposed to be a short tutorial level like the Endar Spire, then you get the long expositionary Telos (which takes the role of both Taris and Dantooine from the first game). And if Bao-Dur was on Peragus... well, then there would be no need to have so much of it. :thumbsup:

(Poor Zez-Kai Ell, everyone misspells his name.)

but Mandalore didn't seem like the type of person to be blackmailed by anyone, even a Jedi. I think she just made a suggestion to make his life easier and he went along with it.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.