IT has come to my attention that some people on this forum think that the ending for KOTOR 2 is really bad, rushed and "messed up". A few of my school friends say the same. I just finished the game and I thought it was an amazing ending and an overall awesome game. Can anyone tell me what they think about this game? PLease explain why you think the ending is good or bad.

btw, is the ending different if your LS or DS? Maybe that makes a difference. The LS ending was pretty sweet.

I know this thing has been a dozen times before, but I'm bored :D

Before I start, yes the ending is different if you play lightside or darkside.

Okay, most people don't like the ending becuase it was cut to short. For instance, I assume that you played lightside becuase you said you liked the ending. Now, did you ever once wonder how the Ebon Hawk got to you, considering you crashed on Malachor 5? People just don't like all the unaswered questions. What happend to your party members? Where is the Exile now? The orginal ending (before the game was cut) was much better. For instance, there was supposed to be another fight where you controlled Atton and I think, took on Sion. Now, even if you lost the fight, you would not have to reload and try again. Atton would simple die. This adds to the climax of the games ending. Another thing is that your party memebers were supposed to help you in the final battle...or try. Mira was supposed to charge in and try to take on Traya herself, but she is "Forced Crushed". Also, Kriea did not always have to become Darth Traya. In the orginal game, Atris could take up that role. So, I guess I really don't hate the ending, I just think the other one would have been much much better.

BTW, have you played KOTOR 1 ?

IT has come to my attention that some people on this forum think that the ending for KOTOR 2 is really bad, rushed and "messed up". A few of my school friends say the same.

You pretty well answered your own question in there. Hey, some people don't like coherent endings though, remember Eyes Wide Shut

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

This should probably be in the Spoilers section.

As to the question...all I have to say is that to me, the ending (story-wise) was lackluster. Felt incomplete, unfinished, and emotionally unsatisfying.

I didn't think it was horrible or completely wrecked, it was just...unsatisfying. The switch from being a 'party' with companions to suddenly being solo and having no clue, no idea, where the others are was too abrupt. You spend all this time building up your characters and turning them into Jedi etc. only to find that it was all for 'nothing' as you don't get to use them in the final battles.

Some kind of better explanation/reason for that would have been nice, at least - as some of the ununsed cutscenes of the NPC's wondering where the Exile went etc. would have provided.

Edit - I know the whole 'exile has to do things alone/stand alone' arc, but that isn't my point

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

search for old topics. Most people didn't like the ending, including me. I didn't expect it to end when it did and that fact let me down big time. I also hadn't understood basic parts of the plot like who cut me off from the Force.....

I played DS, though.

Some of the bad things of the ending (starting after Dantooine)

Suddenly fighting on the Ravanger, even if no clue is given about this ship and it is the first time you see Nihilus

Nihilus the push-over

Some total piece of randomness in Telos' Academy (alot worse when DS though)

Totally no reason why to go to M5 already

No HK-Factory even if HK-47 told us about it

Loss of all teammembers

GO-TO remote unsolved

Mira unsolved

Sion pushover

Traya Pushover

No recall to any of your teammembers except for Traya's speech

End-movie which makes no sense (LS)

You couldn't kill Traya, as it would kill you, yet finishing her off on M5 has no issues for the Exile...

And these are just a few...

1. This should be in the spoilers forum.

2. Search for old topics. You even say in your post that you have heard others express an opinion, and yet you want them to express it again, here? This topic has been done in threads about twenty pages long, about fifteen times already. About every couple of months. In fact, someone started one of these about a week ago.

There is a lot to read about it. Getting people to write it out again doesn't help, all it does is multiply the information, making subsequent searches more difficult (as there is more to search through and read).

For the record, the issues with the end were to do with role-playing and narration. If you liked the story, then that is good. It was a nice interactive story, except the last third wasn't very interactive (hitting "space to continue" doesn't count as interactive).

As I said, though, use the search function. And post in the Spoilers forum anything that someone who hasn't finished the game doesn't want to see. Common courtesy.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Sorry, I am new to these forums, Im not used to the search thingy yet. And why would the end movie for LS make no sense? The guy is going past the OUuer Rim where Revan went. Although I guess you guys are right.

I thought about this today after I made this thread. And there are a few things I would like answered also:

-how Mira got to Malachor 5 by herslef, and killed Hanharr, and that was the last we saw of her

-I would have liked to know more about what happened to the other party memebers

-how did the Ebon Hawk come out ot from nowhere

-I would have liked to know more about Nihilius (sp?)

-I would have liked to see the Exile meet Revan

Hopefully if they come out with KOTOR 3, some of these questions can be answered, and we can continue the story from where we left off in KOTOR 2, and play as both Revan and The Exile.

but I really like those endings with the full-scale war and invasion on Telos. And I think there was another place too, cant remember. And I really like Kreia's role when you met with the Jedi Masters on Dantooine.

Guest MacleodCorp
IT has come to my attention that some people on this forum think that the ending for KOTOR 2 is really bad, rushed and "messed up". A few of my school friends say the same. I just finished the game and I thought it was an amazing ending and an overall awesome game. Can anyone tell me what they think about this game? PLease explain why you think the ending is good or bad.

btw, is the ending different if your LS or DS? Maybe that makes a difference. The LS ending was pretty sweet.

Sure!

When you play 'KotOR I', the ending and revelations were epic in scale. During the end of 'KotOR II', the ending is just dialogue. Dialogue verses animation ending!?!? Let me see!!?!? I will take an animation ending. In 'KotOR I', you get to see the destruction of the StarForge, or you get to become leader of the Sith. In 'KotOR II', you either die on the planet, or it is unclear about if you made it back on the ship or not. Resolve in 'KotOR I', and unresolved issues in 'KotOR II'. Since it is not a movie, and I paid $50, I would like an ending. Wouldn't you?

Playing the game light or dark, you still only get dialogue. I want a 'KotOR I' ending, for you get an epic animation and resolution. If I wanted a dialogue ending I would replay Zork Nemisis. Plus, we live in an age of animation, and dialogue endings died out years ago.

If the end of 'KotOR III' is dialogue, and there is no clearity, then I will not buy it. However, we are not in this thread to discuss that... That is another sotyr for another time. >_<

Sorry, I am new to these forums, Im not used to the search thingy yet. And why would the end movie for LS make no sense? The guy is going past the OUuer Rim where Revan went. Although I guess you guys are right.

I thought about this today after I made this thread. And there are a few things I would like answered also:

-how Mira got to Malachor 5 by herslef, and killed Hanharr, and that was the last we saw of her

-I would have liked to know more about what happened to the other party memebers

-how did the Ebon Hawk come out ot from nowhere

-I would have liked to know more about Nihilius (sp?)

-I would have liked to see the Exile meet Revan

Hopefully if they come out with KOTOR 3, some of these questions can be answered, and we can continue the story from where we left off in KOTOR 2, and play as both Revan and The Exile.

but I really like those endings with the full-scale war and invasion on Telos. And I think there was another place too, cant remember. And I really like Kreia's role when you met with the Jedi Masters on Dantooine.

As you asked politely, here's one I made earlier:

Hard to get story info: (<{POST_SNAPBACK}>)

Cut content: (<{POST_SNAPBACK}>)

Finishing K2 in 7 hours: (<{POST_SNAPBACK}>)

Minimum XP run: (<{POST_SNAPBACK}>)

K2 from a writers perspective: (<{POST_SNAPBACK}>)

Where the ending went wrong: (<{POST_SNAPBACK}>)

The Kreia/Ka discussion: closed thread

plot summary: (<{POST_SNAPBACK}>)

The best summary of missing elements: (<{POST_SNAPBACK}>)

>_<

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Hi all

I just this moment finished playing KOTOR2 and I am mighty dissapointed, the fight with Kreia was the end of it, thats it?????

It felt unfinished and I am left wondering "what the hell happened?"....

Oh well, it was fun though just the ending IMO was crap.

Serenia :mellow:

and I paid $50, I would like an ending.
I didn't pay anything and just downloaded the game fom our network, and I wouldn't care even if someone paid $10000.

I think it was a decent ending. Not breathtaking, but decent. And not a cliche like both endings of KOTOR I. For that I liked it.

The original ending... Looks like everyone understands it in detail, and I, for some reason, fail to understand a thing in those incomplete, not tied together dialogs. The only thing I understood is that half the party dies, which is a Bad Thing.

You couldn't kill Traya, as it would kill you, yet finishing her off on M5 has no issues for the Exile...

Er, that would be because Kreia lied to you.

Nope, see above poster. Vash explained why you could kill Kreia/Traya on Malachor V without killing yourself, yet not before.

Except since that was cut, such questions can and Will raise, without a proper answer (if we weren't so sneaky to search through the hidden material o:) )

So Kreia did not lied...

The force bond between Exile and Kreia is reflected in Exile's force powers as a "force chain" power (I think that's the precise term used). On one playthrough, I checked Exile's force powers during the end fight at Malachor V (thinking that if the force bond had been broken, the force chain power would disappear), but found that the force chain power was still there. I have wondered whether any force powers that Exile activates (uses) are also activated on Kreia during the fight on Malachor V (as they would be at earlier times in the game) but since Kreia isn't a part of the party at this point, I'm not sure how I could tell.

You can do so by checking the Stat page. If you used Force Speed or such and see the bonus for it in Traya's defense statics it is...

But I don't think it is, truly.

The bond only works on Kreia, and that is most likely also the reason why Kreia is Traya on the Final Battle..., to prevent such things from happening.

Also note that the Traya you face is different than the character in your party. When you fight in Korribans tomb you will note that she will use powers you have given her and such, but things like that won't happen in the end-game battle...

The skin change has nothing to do with this though, as in Korribans tomb she also wears that and is still called Kreia.

It is mentionable that any Force Powers activated THERE do work on the other...

You can do so by checking the Stat page. If you used Force Speed or such and see the bonus for it in Traya's defense statics it is...

But I don't think it is, truly.

The bond only works on Kreia, and that is most likely also the reason why Kreia is Traya on the Final Battle..., to prevent such things from happening.

Also note that the Traya you face is different than the character in your party. When you fight in Korribans tomb you will note that she will use powers you have given her and such, but things like that won't happen in the end-game battle...

The skin change has nothing to do with this though, as in Korribans tomb she also wears that and is still called Kreia.

It is mentionable that any Force Powers activated THERE do work on the other...

Since Kreia is no longer in my party at the ending, I can't access her stats as far as I can tell. Btw, just checked a save game and found that "Force Chain" is a feat (not a power). The entry for this feat reads "You and Kreia have a special bond. Most beneficial powers used on one of you automatically affects the other. For example, if Kreia activates Force Resistance then you will also receive it's bnefits." The feat remains in my stats during the end-game Malachor V fight (but as stated above, I don't know how to tell if it actually functions at this point).

Guest GroinOfDespair

But....but....Kreia lied to me? I feel so betrayed!

Why would she ever lie? I don't know that I can ever trust again.