Duke Nukem Forever Being Released

Then I have misinterpreted your earlier post.

In my opinion, compairing anything to Uwe Boll's movies is akin to saying it sucks.

I didn't compare RE4 to a UB film.

I just said Mikami needs to stop making games, and the order of magnitude for that stopage is about on the same level as UB needing to stop making movies.

I haven't played RE4, but many people seem to think it's the best game ever released on the Cube, and the best game in the series.

And I'm willing to bet a solid 75% of those people never played an RE until they got their hands on RE4.

I think you are crazy for not liking RE4. By the time RE0 came out, I was tired of the series, just plain bored of it all. Even Silent Hill has started to become old hat. Scary moments tend to be ones you cannot predict and are unprepared for, RE4 delivered that for me.

WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE.

I haven't played RE4, but many people seem to think it's the best game ever released on the Cube, and the best game in the series.

And I'm willing to bet a solid 75% of those people never played an RE until they got their hands on RE4.

I think you are crazy for not liking RE4. By the time RE0 came out, I was tired of the series, just plain bored of it all. Even Silent Hill has started to become old hat. Scary moments tend to be ones you cannot predict and are unprepared for, RE4 delivered that for me.

Are you channeling ender?

I NEVER said I didn't like it :angry:

I said it wasn't a survival horror game.

It's a dumbed down, baby game with no challenge.

It plays as a decent action movie... but it's crap as far as a "survival horror" game goes. No horror, and no "survival".

Are you channeling ender?

I NEVER said I didn't like it :angry:

I said it wasn't a survival horror game.

It's a dumbed down, baby game with no challenge.

It plays as a decent action movie... but it's crap as far as a "survival horror" game goes. No horror, and no "survival".

Ah. I see your point on it being somewhat easy. Not so much on the horror part, though.

WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE.

What parts scared you Ender JR? ;)

I can only count 2 for myself...

The ovenman... THAT scared me.

And those slurping regenerating things who's name escapes me.

Those were creeptastic.

Beyond that... nuthin'...

IF this game is good from a gameplay/graphics point of view, I firmly believe it'll be great. Good old Duke Nukem 3D still ranks as a favourite in the FPS category, even if it merely does so as a "classic" these days.

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

Guest GroinOfDespair

Sexist, crude and brutish. It is an iconic representation of the black monolith we all secretly enslave ourselves to.

This game will be finished when the institutions decide we are in the need of visceral programming.

I'd rather have a lobatomy.

The controls are fine if you're coordinated ;)

In fact they're the same as you'll find in RE4 (only difference there is camera angle)

As for the voice acting... the voice acting in REmake is miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiles ahead of the original RE (which I view as a comedy because of said voice acting)

Back to the controls... while they are hard to master, once you have them down they're easy to work.

And they're far more responsive than the original RE :thumbsup:

RE4 >>>> all when it comes to VA.

You hand comes off???

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

REmake captured the creepy feel of the first game and added better graphics.  But it is extremely faithful as a remake, and I would have prefered one willing to try and fix problems with the original.

The gameplay, setting and story are brilliant.  The controls, and bad voice acting still haven't been fixed.  I also might have preferred the ability to save the game more often, but maybe the lack of ammo and save opportunities is a part of what makes RE what it is.

You were almost a Jill Sandwich!!!

:blink:

Is that a bullpup 5.56mm or an imperial .223? (<{POST_SNAPBACK}>)

Nah, not a bullpup. I prefer me classic looking Assault Rifles. I suppose I am baised by the whole SA80 affair though...

Just thought I'd quickly add that in - carry on...

Um, I was using it as a re-application of the Bridge of Death scene, from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Resident Evil was whored out by Capcom, from what I seen Bio Hazard (its name in japan that makes a hell more sense that "Resident Evil) is pretty big in japan.

But enter "Silent Hill" that was a survival horror as in horror, it was pretty hard to be afraid in RE since RE since its all the T-virus (or something) behind it as Silent Hill did the Hitch**** trick of leaving things a mystery.

Silent Hill gone downhill from 2, SH4 was a very big step back and its only SH because Konami decided it was to be (project did not started as a SH title).

Duke Nuken might say something for many of us but its just whoring the name now, just like Resident Evil.

drakron.png