Selling my stuff.

I've got an attic full of RPGs, PC games, and other assorted game stuff. In fact the attic is full to bursting with it all.

Now realistically I'm never goint to play any of this stuff again. But it's still kinda hard to let go of it all.

So I need some encouragement to sell my stuff (and the stuff stored at my parents house).

'cause with another baby on the way and two already we could really use the extra space.

I'm also having the same problem letting go of my RX-8 even though I havnt driven it for a month.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I've got an attic full of RPGs, PC games, and other assorted game stuff. In fact the attic is full to bursting with it all.

Now realistically I'm never goint to play any of this stuff again. But it's still kinda hard to let go of it all.

So I need some encouragement to sell my stuff (and the stuff stored at my parents house).

'cause with another baby on the way and two already we could really use the extra space.

I'm also having the same problem letting go of my RX-8 even though I havnt driven it for a month.

Well, you're going to be busy for a while with the kids ... but not forever. This packrat got rid of tons of stuff last year using the rule 'If I haven't used it or even looked for it in two years, out it goes.' However ... if you look at a game and remember it with a fond smile, KEEP it. Some classics are really tough to find, if you become obsessed about playing them again; not to mention that your kids might enjoy them when they get old enough--mine did.

Do tell. What is in that collection of yours?

Well some highlights.

Every 1st ed book ever released for D&D

Every 2nd ed book ever released for D&D

Warhammer in all incarnations with all the sourcebooks

Board Games such as , Dragon Hunt and Talisman (and expansions).

Star Wars WEG rules expansions and collectable minatures for the rebels and empire.

Fallout 1&2

PST collectors edtion , book and guide.

All the D&D games released by interplay including decent to undermountain and Dragon Dice ( :"> )

The entire Lucas Arts adventure line up of Monkey Island , Grim Fandango, Full Throttle etc.

Going to stop now If I carry on I wont want to sell the things again.. Funny I never figured myself for the sentimental type :thumbsup:

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

PST collectors edtion , book and guide.

The entire Lucas Arts adventure line up of Monkey Island , Grim Fandango, Full Throttle etc.

How much? I can pay in money. Or euros. Or cute, long-legged philipino boys. Or girls if that's your thing. Or my soul eternally damned to a random japanese hell after I die.

How much? I can pay in money. Or euros. Or cute, long-legged philipino boys. Or girls if that's your thing. Or my soul eternally damned to a random japanese hell after I die.

I have no idea. I wasnt going to think about how to sell them until I could actually bring myself to sell them. Thats just the tip of the ice burg really. Used to get stuff at cost so I have a lot of stuff.

Ebay seems a likely place for selling stuff but I've never made use of it.

I'd need to set aside a week or two too get everything down and inventory it too.

478327[/snapback]

I hope they still work. We have always had nice attics, the sort you could have a bedroom in rather than the dank smelly and wet kind.

I go up there occasionally to see if I can find my original copies of Vandal Hearts but there is so much stuff (that isnt organised) every expedition thus far has failed.

I did find Suikoden I &II though, but they are not for sale :thumbsup:

478327[/snapback]

"Talisman"

I'd buy that, among other things, but have no idea how to pay. Or recieve the stuff for that matter.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Cheap(hopefully) stuff gets you lots and lots friends.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I'm primarilly interested in that Torment deal, SP, so if you want we can discuss prices and all that.

I do want to get my hands on several LucasArts games, but they are a lesser priority because I played several already and only want the games on my software library for collecting purposes.

Oh yes the NES version of ShadowRun too. No longer have the machine to run it.

I'm definately going to make plans ( :p ) to sort everything out and inventory it I think that will make it easier to sell and I can get my sentimentality out of the way while doing the inventory and sorting through it all.

478327[/snapback]

Do tell. What is in that collection of yours?

Well some highlights[:]

Every 1st ed book ever released for D&D [;]

Every 2nd ed book ever released for D&D [;]

Warhammer in all incarnations with all the sourcebooks [;]

Board Games such as[:] Dragon Hunt and Talisman (and expansions)[;]

Star Wars WEG rules expansions and collectable minatures for the rebels and empire[;]

Fallout 1&2 [;]

PST collectors edtion , book and guide [;]

All the D&D games released by interplay including decent to undermountain and Dragon Dice ( :"> ) [;]

Going to stop now If I carry on I wont want to sell the things again.. Funny I never figured myself for the sentimental type :p

Just to play advocatus diaboli, if you keep the books (definitely, and possibly the games, too, although that is a virgin antique market) for another twenty-plus years or so, they'll be worth loads, and double that if they're in mint condition.

You might also get a lot more for them as a job lot. But right now you'll get only what people are prepared to pay to play with them, which won't be nearly as much as a "collector" will pay, when they are rare.

:)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Shut up.... :p

kirottu said:

Just kidding, of course :p

By the way; what kind of condition is the stuff in? Well-played, not much after-looked?

kirottu said:

Just to play advocatus diaboli, if you keep the books (definitely, and possibly the games, too, although that is a virgin antique market) for another twenty-plus years or so, they'll be worth loads, and double that if they're in mint condition.

You might also get a lot more for them as a job lot. But right now you'll get only what people are prepared to pay to play with them, which won't be nearly as much as a "collector" will pay, when they are rare.

:p

You will fear the wrath of my army of homing exploding pidgeons.

Just kidding, of course :p

By the way; what kind of condition is the stuff in? Well-played, not much after-looked?

It should range from good to excellent condition. I've always taken good care of my RPG/Games stuff.

Before I can sort it all out I need to clear one of the bedrooms. Since I have to decorate new kids room it might work out well because I can use it for tempory storage. The attics not the most comfortable place for doing inventory.

478327[/snapback]

Just as long as you tell your love it really is only temporary storage, all will be fine. :p

kirottu said:

Just as long as you tell your love it really is only temporary storage, all will be fine. :p

It better be or come september new kid (dosnt have a name yet) will have no where to sleep.

At least its not twins this time bloody hell was that a schock and half.

Anyway thanks for this everyone. Even if I dont actually get around to selling doing an inventory will be a big step towards it.

478327[/snapback]

Three kids? Must be hell and heaven both.

kirottu said: