A KOTOR 2 romour

"As for the "he lost it in RotJ", he was also weakened and at that time Luke had the upper hand, instead of desperately trying not to get his ass kicked in ESB (where he wasn't a full jedi when he took Vader on, as opposed to RotJ where he was)"

Luke didn't receive any further training as a jedi between ESB and RotJ. Why are you so desperate to proove that it was Force that saved Vader? It sure as hell didn't save him or Kenobi in AotC, it didn't save Darth Maul from Obi-Wan in Phantom Menace. Also, why are jedis using their lightsabers to deflect blaster shots when they could just take the hit and say "pwn3d, n00b!" before hacking the gunslinger to bits?

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!

I don't mind enterprise, if they had only not gone on about the temporal cold war it would have been somthing I would have enjoyed following, best Star Trek series in my opinion, but looking back at the others, that isn't saying much.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

Why are you so desperate to proove that it was Force that saved Vader?

I don't know where you get the desperate to prove anything part, I'm just having a discussion. Which is what I thought discussion boards were for... /shrug

Finally this thread is getting somewhere!

Well, seriously, Star Trek sucks.

Oh, wait, more seriously:

In one movie, a guy gets hit by a lightsaber, in a place where he has armor, and doesn't get hurt. In two other movies, the same guy gets hit by a lightsaber in an unarmored spot. He gets badly injured. Why do people cling to the one time where he wasn't hurt, and say: "OMG! It's teh FOerce!!1", when there are other probable reasons why he wasn't hurt that time, like the armor. Why was he hurt in the other movies, where there was no armor to protect him, but he still had the Force?

Seriously, Star Trek sucks.

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!

You're looking pretty desperate all of a sudden  ;)

Vader's armor was made of Cortosis, which is resistant to lightsaber energy.

Problem solved.

Actually Cortosis is supposed to make lightsabers short out, not just deflect them.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

I think BioWare then neglected that fact in KOTOR as all of the non lightsaber melee weapons were made out of cortosis. They didn't short out the lightsaber. BioWare's reason for saying they were made out of cortosis was to explain why the lightsaber just didn't cut right through them.

Yeah, but then why would anyone use lightsabers? A sword would have owned everything.

As I stated earlier, lightsabers were implemented poorly in the game. Not against other jedi, but against everything else.

TripleRRR

Yeah, but then why would anyone use lightsabers? A sword would have owned everything.

As I stated earlier, lightsabers were implemented poorly in the game. Not against other jedi, but against everything else.

TripleRRR

I agree. They felt more like swords.

In one movie, a guy gets hit by a lightsaber, in a place where he has armor, and doesn't get hurt. In two other movies, the same guy gets hit by a lightsaber in an unarmored spot. He gets badly injured. Why do people cling to the one time where he wasn't hurt, and say: "OMG! It's teh FOerce!!1", when there are other probable reasons why he wasn't hurt that time, like the armor. Why was he hurt in the other movies, where there was no armor to protect him, but he still had the Force?

Correct Answer = Who Cares?