A KOTOR 2 romour

There are several reasons why I don't want a sequel..

First off it is the number of weaknesses that KotOR has. Poor rules implementation, severely linear in story progression, as well as very limited character creation options. Its okay for a one shot, but I do not want to see a repeat performance. Secondly the story of KotOR is complete. It is done and over. There is no feasible way for them to make another game that could have the same scope and draw that uses the same characters. Lastly, I hate Star Wars.

Also I rather have Obsidian work on their own game instead of getting a Bioware Hand-Me-Down.

I liked KotOR. It was nice to get a cinematic Star Wars experience that was pretty much un-touched by George Lucas, and outside of games, we're not gonna get it. I thought KotOR was fun, I don't play Star Wars PnP so I didn't give a flying **** about rules implementation. I'm a fan of the Final Fantasy games so I know that just because its a sequel, it doesn't have to have anything to do with the first one. References are nice, but you don't need to feature any of the same characters.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

A lot of people expect "SW:KotOR 2 :Revan gets laid", that is a game that continues the first story.

SW:KotOR rules implementation is of the western idea of console players "they are 14 years old that are unable to think much", I seen my share of somewhat complexl console RPGs but those are from JPN developers were such mentality does not exist.

Anyway if OE is doing a Star Wars RPG it SOULD be diferent that SW:KotOR ... both is rule implementation (OE staff have shown they can pull rather tactical and complex RPGs) and that game story sould not be connected to SW:KotOR in any way besides being on the same universe.

So its not SW:KotOR2 ...

drakron.png

Well seeing as KoTOR is quickly dethroning Fallout 2 as my all time favorite game... I guess I'm a bit biased.

I really hope their project is KoTOR 2.

All these "faults" that some people think it has (my only complaint is that it's proving to be too easy to play) can be fixed in the sequal.

KotOR would be an ok game if the graphics engine wasn't so unoptimized, the maps weren't so small, the world interaction wasn't so crappy and the story wasn't so linear.

Of course, it was also too easy, had too many stray jedis, made me play an entire game with a haircut as a Texan hillbilly and made no use of ranged weapons..

Hrmm.. Strange. When I played the game it seemed like a great game, but now that I think back I only see hundreds of faults. IT WAS FUN, DAMNIT.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Well seeing as KoTOR is quickly dethroning Fallout 2 as my all time favorite game... I guess I'm a bit biased.

I really hope their project is KoTOR 2.

All these "faults" that some people think it has (my only complaint is that it's proving to be too easy to play) can be fixed in the sequal.

If you call "flaw" a class having a ability that never comes to play (I am a bit wrong since if you are playing a Scoundrel then it comes into play if you follow the DS path and have the wookie with you in the Star Forge) and another is one of the more useless class I have the displeasure of seeing (Sentinel) ...

Yes, there are some "flaws" that "some people" do see.

The worst kind of blind is the one that just sees what he wants to see ...

drakron.png

Not so much of a insult since that could also apply to me, just looking at the bad and not seeing the good.

Some cases are opinion, saying story is good/bad is opinion but when it comes to rules and mechanics there opinion and there is fact, usually we form a opinion from a fact but there are people that form "facts" from opinions.

SWKotOR have flaws, fact people point out flaw without also saying "this works", its because people are just pointing flaws and not making a judgement of everything there is or they end up with 12 page long posts, problem only comes when people cannot take a list of flaws as for what it is, a list of flaws.

drakron.png

Of course, it was also too easy, had too many stray jedis, made me play an entire game with a haircut as a Texan hillbilly ...

The bad hair day crap really hurt. I suggest there be ingame salons where you get to alter your looks for a few hundred credits. Maybe a full face makeover to evade pursuers, or just change the goofy head models.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

That's true and a good point.

So far from my own personal experience (which is what I base all of my opinions on) the only flaws I have found are(and of course this is only my opinion)...

Easy gameplay. (I wish this game had a difficulty setting)

Lack of variety

Too many "useless or unused" traits.

again, I'm still playing threw the first time and have only tried Scout/Consular so there could easily other flaws I haven't come across yet.

<oops> that reply was to Drakron

Given how long the rumors have lasted between KOTOR2 and Obsidian -- I'd say the odds are very good that the rumors are indeed true.

Yeah.. But since Obsidian are about as informative as Elvis is alive, we're still allowed to hope it isn't so. Some people wish for Planescape: Torment. Personally I would love to see Descent to Undermountain: The Return.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

KOTOR definitely has flaws; but presumably a sequel is designed to fix flaws and keep what it did well.

Don't listen to Hades. He loved KOTOR1 and he'd buy the sequelk ina heartbeat. heck, KOTOR is one of his fave games of all tiem which is why he rated it almost 90% - one of his highest marks ever.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.