GAME INFORMER ON KOTOR3

XboxSithLord

just found it. Sorry if ppl already know. But i thought that if i didnt maybe some others didnt either

game informer, march issue, page 40

Obsidian did pretty well taking over for BioWare in KOTOR II: The Sith Lords, and it's got more up it's sleeve for the third installment. A source tells us that the game is going to reveal more about the HK series of droids, including where they are from and who makes them. Also planed is an exploration of the Outer Rim territories following in Reven's footsteps.

just found it. Sorry if ppl already know. But i thought that if i didnt maybe some others didnt either

Obsidian did pretty well taking over for BioWare in KOTOR II: The Sith Lords, and it's got more up it's sleeve for the third installment. A source tells us that the game is going to reveal more about the HK series of droids, including where they are from and who makes them. Also planed is an exploration of the Outer Rim territories following in Reven's footsteps.

This was posted before.

And did it really need its own thread? You could have added it to the existing one. <_<

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

This was posted before.

And did it really need its own thread? You could have added it to the existing one. <_<

1st: anakin you know what i have noticed. What ever anyone posts on this forum you argue it. So suck it with your 4,000 posts. What the hell do you do all day?

2nd: im not gonna post it in different threads when not everyone will look at MY post. Smarter 2 post it in the open.

3rd: I promise you that not everyone on this forum has seen this. So thought i would be nice

4th: get laid and get a life.

-Matt

This was posted before.

1st: anakin you know what i have noticed. What ever anyone posts on this forum you argue it. So suck it with your 4,000 posts. What the hell do you do all day?

2nd: im not gonna post it in different threads when not everyone will look at MY post. Smarter 2 post it in the open.

3rd: I promise you that not everyone on this forum has seen this. So thought i would be nice

4th: get laid and get a life.

-Matt

Just trying to be helpful. I'll bet you your post count for mine that Fionvar will close this and do his little "please continue all discussions of K3 in this thread..." speech.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Whether or not GhostofAnakin was argumentative, there is a sticky, and all of the K3 threads are being closed, and people still keep starting them.

People need to read stickies, and read the threads in a given area (perhaps use the search function to realize this has been posted before) and then create a new topic.

Recently, some of the new Kotor 3 threads in the Obsidian General forum haven't been closed; they've been deleted outright. :ph34r: So it would be better to post the information in the main thread, if you want others to read it. :wacko:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

This is the same article mentioned in several previous threads. Obsidian outright said they are not currently working on KOTOR:3.

They only have enough staff for one full project, though they may eventually grow to have staff for two projects.

They will be working on NWN:2 through 2006. Project New Jersey is not a sequel, and thusly not KOTOR:3.

I don't expect they could even really get going on the project after that until 2007.

Again, I repeat, Obsidian is not currently working on KOTOR:3, regardless of what one random magizine article says.

Again, I repeat, Obsidian is not currently working on KOTOR:3, regardless of what one random magizine article says.

Perhaps they should put that somewhere with very big and shiny letters.

Obsidian is not currently working on KOTOR3. kthxbai.

:D

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I believe it when I see Obsidian says in my face that they are NOT making Kotor III. In the mean time I believe they are or will eventually make Kotor III.

A companys gotta be a fool if they don't make a third installment to a very popular game. I mean Kotor III is more popular idea then the cruddy NWN 2.

I believe it when I see Obsidian says in my face that they are NOT making Kotor III. In the mean time I believe they are or will eventually make Kotor III.

A companys gotta be a fool if they don't make a third installment to a very popular game. I mean Kotor III is more popular idea then the cruddy NWN 2.

They have said it. Feargus has said it outright, and so has Akari.

And in the Project New Jersey section, if you read those posts they keep repeating their next project is not a sequel, and not KOTOR:3.

If you really want to believe that they are currently working on it, then go right ahead. You'll be waiting a while.

And just so you know, it's LucasArts' decision. The last MCA interview I read on KOTOR:2, he said they'd love to do a KOTOR:3. If you don't read the news, LucasArts closed down their offices, fired most of their staff, and canceled preproduction on KOTOR:3.

They have said it. Feargus has said it outright, and so has Akari.

And John Morgan.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

well I can tell you they might not make it now but I believe they will make it in the future for the next Xbox console. its probably to earily to anounce the project. I know they will make it.

They may do it eventually. I hope they do it eventually.

But despite what the magazine article is saying, they are not doing it now. I'm not trying to piss on people's parades. I'm trying to clarify things so people don't get all excited and misled.

well I can tell you they might not make it now but I believe they will make it in the future for the next Xbox console. its probably to earily to anounce the project. I know they will make it.

They may do it eventually. I hope they do it eventually.

But despite what the magazine article is saying, they are not doing it now. I'm not trying to piss on people's parades. I'm trying to clarify things so people don't get all excited and misled.

This is what we know:

* KOTOR 3 was to be produced in-house by LA but the project was cancelled in Sept 2004, mainly because of LA's relocation of offices and just too many things going on.

* Obsidian is (presumably) already working on Project New Jersey, which is not a sequel. While I do not believe it is so, PNJ COULD still be a SW RPG as long as it is not KOTOR 3. The CEO of Obsidian once said in an interview that they have actually spoken to LA about doing a Knights of the New Republic. Such a project would not, technically, be a sequel. Again, nothing definitive here except that PNJ IS NOT K3.

* Obsidian devs have stated that they already have a team in place for the project after New Jersey. And LA has recently stated that they have a story-based "holy grail" project scheduled.

That is all we know officially but it would be incorrect to say that there is no way Obsidian is currently involved in a K3 project....that would be just as irresponsible.

EDIT: I also think LA is quite aware of the hunger the fans have for some sort of signal of their intentions. K2 was not just another game in a series, it was a cliffhanger that makes you want to go out and buy the next game right away. LA is aware of this. I think the main reason they have not said anything official is that K2 really has not been out that long and they don't want to upstage that title in any way. They will, eventually, say something about it.

... meanwhile in other news Lucasfilm opened its new HQ a few days ago. Lucasarts is in the same complex.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/4624437.stm

yes, the fact that essentially all the LA people are now in one campus area should make it much easier to produce good, story-focused games.

Thanks for posting that excerpt from GAME INFORMER... interesting.

Like the rest of you, I looked at some of the press on the new LA HQ -- read about all of the futuristic technology -- and wondered, "So just why is it again that they can't issue a new patch?"