Lightsaber VS Robes

Which would you prefer to have before the game begins?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you prefer to have before the game begins?

• Lightsaber customization.
    • Robes w/hood up capability and multiple color variations.
    • BOTH during player creation is a must!!!
    • Neither, because you should have to earn it.

OE:

I beg of you, I plead w/you...I would use the force on you to make it happen, and force lightning on you if we don't get at least one of the two choices to start off with before the game begins!

Lightsaber customization is almost impossible to do smoothly using the current methodology. It's possible but crystal management is a real pain in the butt (color crystals specifically).

With that said, I would love to be able to pull the hood up on the robes in K3. Of course, that would mean that the devs would have to make the hoods really big to account for clipping on the various heads. Makes it almost not worth it :wub:

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I think it would be nice to start out with a truly customized ligthsader for a change, that would be kinda nice. I like the whole hooded idea you got there too. Although I dont know how much you CAN customizze the robes. Still good idea.

it would be knida fun if they made lightsabers so you could make the blade a gazillion colors differnet hilts, doubleblades single blades double blades that become single blades....

Robes should also be heavily customized, what if you don't want traditional jedi robes, that should be addressed too

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

OE:

I beg of you, I plead w/you...I would use the force on you to make it happen, and force lightning on you if we don't get at least one of the two choices to start off with before the game begins!

Lightsaber customization is almost impossible to do smoothly using the current methodology. It's possible but crystal management is a real pain in the butt (color crystals specifically).

With that said, I would love to be able to pull the hood up on the robes in K3. Of course, that would mean that the devs would have to make the hoods really big to account for clipping on the various heads. Makes it almost not worth it :geek:

They wouldn't need to make them really big, they would just need to animate them properly.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

All that is inconsequential. I wouldn't waste time pulling my hood up and down any more than I would change my PC's hairdo to go with the scene's mood. As for lightsaber customization, just give a few different hilts from where to choose and give the NPCs their own hilt. Just to add some flavor, but it's not really important either.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Does no one ready stickies? Does no one actually pay attention to the forum?

The mods are simply going to close any and every KOTOR:3 thread they see other than the official KOTOR:3 thread.

Creating more KOTOR:3 threads is silly, since you're just going to get the thread locked. Post in the official KOTOR:3 thread if you want a serious discussion on your suggestion to continue.

actually fin moved this from the general obsidian to here. He didn't close it. (i think it was fin...)

IMO both lightsaber and robes are needed really but if you think about it, if you got the lightsaber in the beginning of the game, you dont get to experience any better weapons, because you can basically use the lightsaber in every occasion apart from maybe where you are attacking from a distance. But yeah, having loads of different colors and hilts would be pretty sweet, instead of just short, regular and double hilts.

Robes that are customizable seem pretty good idea for the beginning of the game really, but it would seem a bit weird to be holding a blaster with robes on, and it would probably be better to wear armor when using a blaster anyway..

Bleh, how fun can it be to get like the coolest equipment from start? Naaah, I prefer to have it available after one quarter or half the gametime. Then I have time to try out most other equipments too, because after you get the lightsaber, then it feels unnecessary to use any other weapon. :/

Well, that's one of the reasons anyway

I think you should have to earn your robes and lightsaber. Especially since the new PC for KOTOR III will most likely start the game as a Force Sensitive with little or no training. But this should NOT take 15 hours! It should happen within the first 5 hours of gameplay, IMO.

With the lightsabers there should only be 2 colours to chose from blue/green that much is simple

Hoods up is a good idea but it probally wont happen

Customised lightsaber hilt is also a waste of time as you never reaaly see it anyway as it is in your hand so that make it pretty pointless, but if you could put it away after a fight that would be better

Lightsaber colors are needed to represent your individuality. the only reason there is blue and green is because they were too lazy to make more in the movies.

Lightsaber colors are needed to represent your individuality. the only reason there is blue and green is because they were too lazy to make more in the movies.

No that is not the reason it was always meant to be blue & green for LS and red for the dark side.

Mace windu (or Sammuel L Jackson as he might to be called?) wanted a purple lightsaber to be a BadA**muthF***** and seperate himself from the rest of the council.

the differnt colours came in as far as I can tell in the EU

They did but you have to remember that in ep 4 there were only blue and red. it depends on the focusing crystal.

They did but you have to remember that in ep 4 there were only blue and red. it depends on the focusing crystal.

Yeah I know but in a interview in 99 for Ep1 GL stated that "Jackson" wanted his character to have a purple lightsaber cause it is/was his favourite colour, at first GL said no as there are only three colours blue/Green for L/S and red for D/S.

But he couldn't really say no...and the rest was history.

And thats why in Ep1-3 you dont see any other colours other than blue, green and red and only one purple.

It was only the EU that brought out all these other fancy colours and quite frankly it think they should go, none of this walking around with a silver lightsaber it just aint starwars

silver should go but purple yellow and other colors' that arn't just bad clones or mixes of two others that look insanly like a different one should go.

and viridan and so on and so forth. I like base colors not those that are cheap rip offs.