Look At This!!!! Kotor III???

k3 will be on the 360 so regardless of emails we have a longass time to wait, deal with it ppl

KotOR3 might be on Xbox 360 or not, its likely will be but nothing is assured.

Its clear LucasArts dont want to start KotOR3 development right now, for one there is the aging engine and two the fact the engine was designed for Xbox and not Xbox 360 and the fact BioWare allowed the engine to be used but likely they are not interessed into making a updated engine for the Xbox 360.

LucasArts have just come out of Ep III game releases that were important, they dont have a engine for KotORIII and I really dont see any team that is able to create its own engine wanting to pick up Obsidian story.

So we are at a point were a KotOR III can only being made at this point using the current engine (with some graphic upgrades) by some relative obsure game studio or by Obsidian.

If not that means a new story unrelated to the Revan crap and the Exile nonsense using a new engine and that means a development time of 3-4 years.

Personaly I think Obsidian tried to blackmail LucasArts with the KotORII story (after all that story is not "open ended", its simply part 1 of a larger story and only Obsidian could make some sense out of it, anyone else would have to play guessing game and being stuck with a storyline they did not created) and it blown out in their face, looking at LucasArts unwilling to pay for patches and their lack of support they were not very happy with KotOR II for some reason and I dont think it was because of the crappy ending and weak storyline ...

drakron.png

I really don't give a rat's arse about a KotOR 3. KotOR 2's ending and the severe lacking of proper tech support hopes this latest rumor and all other rumors of a KotOR 3 is false. Look at the bloody quality of work that is KotOR 2 and look at LA's track record of supporting their games. The series died with KotOR 2. Its time to move on.

Harvey

Personaly I think Obsidian tried to blackmail LucasArts with the KotORII story ... looking at LucasArts unwilling to pay for patches and their lack of support they were not very happy with KotOR II for some reason and I dont think it was because of the crappy ending and weak storyline ...

I imagine that as it sold well, Kotor 2 made LucasArts very happy indeed.

This is a rather extraordinary thing to accuse any developer of, let alone a small new developer on its first game. :blink:

No, the ending was far from perfect, but if LucasArts had wanted another Kotor 1 ending they wouldn't have gone to the creator of Planescape:Torment. Obsidian are good storytellers, but they're not the only good storytellers: - I doubt it's beyond another writing team to pick up the story and make it work in Kotor 3.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Obsidian own words about LucasArts requests its that the Sith would have to be in it (and they are not, those are not Sith) and it had to be open ended (Its Matrix: Revolution open ended).

Obsidian set the game to have a direct sequel based on their storyline, that is not making a game ending open ending (making one would be destroying a Sith fraction and allowing the player to know there are other Sith around but the threat being over, at least for now) and the fact they set up the storyline for the next game as nothing was written that they would be doing it sounds suspecious ... perhaps it was a honest mistake from Obsidian side but the fact is KotOR III storyline is set by KotOR II storyline, THAT is not open ended.

drakron.png

Obsidian own words about LucasArts requests its that the Sith would have to be in it (and they are not, those are not Sith) and it had to be open ended (Its Matrix: Revolution open ended).

Obsidian set the game to have a direct sequel based on their storyline, that is not making a game ending open ending (making one would be destroying a Sith fraction and allowing the player to know there are other Sith around but the threat being over, at least for now) and the fact they set up the storyline for the next game as nothing was written that they would be doing it sounds suspecious ... perhaps it was a honest mistake from Obsidian side but the fact is KotOR III storyline is set by KotOR II storyline, THAT is not open ended.

You assume that whoever does KOTOR3 has to even mention this "Real Sith" threat. All Obsidian did was say that Revan went off to face them, and that the Exile had the chance to follow Revan. The next developer could just as easily explain that Kreia was making all of it up to corrupt the Exile, and that there is no "real Sith" threat out there and thus craft their own story.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

And let's hope that this is, what next developer will do.

"Real Sith" sounds redundant and lame.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Oh really?

You think that after KotOR II ending that was "Go meet Revan" and all the trash talk about the True Sith and the crap about leaving the loved ones behind people will be happy if KotOR III simply makes it a footnote in the loading screens and NPC gossip?

KotOR III could be about the invasion of the Pink Vorpal Bunnies of Doom that wiped out the True Sith, the False Sith and the Halfbaked Sith along with Revan, Raven, the Exile, the Misplaced and The Fired but people are not going to like that it does not follow KotOR II ending, they want resolution over the whole True Sith stuff and the Exile and Revan ultimate fate.

Obsidian made that trap for KotOR III storyline and it cannot be avoided, they are dammed if they included it and they are dammed if they dont.

A lose-lose situation, unless its Obsidian that did KotOR II story and is simply continue its work.

drakron.png

Or they can let the series die and never do work with LA again.  In my view that would be a win-win outcome for ll of us and Obsidian.

I agree.

KotOR II end up destroying a possible good series of Star Wars RPGs with idiotic fan service, I hope its serves as a example of why making a game were the basis of the story is fan service is a bad idea.

drakron.png

:lol::wub:

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Dear God,

Please can you fix it so that none of the moronic ideas: Hooded robes, real time fighting, Revan/Exile as main PC, Revan/Exile in it all, lightsaber guns etc. are not in or have anything to do with a potential KoTOR 3. Please would you be so kind as to grant the originators of these ideas with the ability to read the rules about threads regarding K3. If you grant my request i will see to it that many churches/temples/mosques are built on your name.

Your Unbelieving and Unfaithful servant

Darth Flatus.

I find it funny that the two people who insist that the KOTOR series is "dead" and that they should stop making KOTOR games are the two people who, right from the beginning of production, didn't have a single good thing to say about the series anyways.

No offense Hades and Drakron, but considering you both seem to dislike the series anyways, I don't think your opinion is the be all and end all when it comes to deciding if the series is truly "dead".

But what do me and the half million or whatever sales they made know. Just because we want the series to continue and don't feel TSL "killed" the series doesn't mean squat because TWO people, who have been negative towards the whole series anyways, say so. Right. :wub:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Speak for yourself...
Nur was speaking for himself, girl. Although, he was probably speaking for me and a million other people too. :wub:

First of all I'm not a girl.....second ,when it comes to the issue discussed, I can say the same thing that I am also speaking for me and a million other people too you fu*k!!!