revan and exile allies

do you think in the next game that revan and the exile will be allies  

76 members have voted

1. 1. do you think in the next game that revan and the exile will be allies

• no
    • yes
    • probably but who knows
    • they are probabaly going to have a huge battle

I want them to be allies but it is never going to happen, because there isn't any clue in kotor2 about exile's thoughts about revan. If there were a little clue about it i will be hopeful but there isn't. There is only one link between revan and exile. It is KREIA.

I want them to be allies but it is never going to happen, because there isn't any clue in kotor2 about exile's thoughts about revan. If there were a little clue about it i will be hopeful but there isn't. There is only one link between revan and exile. It is KREIA.

Thats because how you feel about Revan is left upto you. The Exile isnt a pregenerated character, it only has elements of pre generated background (most of which are filled in by you via conversations with various characters).

Whether you see Revan as an ally or a rival, well thats upto your particular character.

And it's another reason why I'd just rather leave the whole thing alone and just have it as background "noise". It's a big can of worms.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

That last bit in the tomb of Korriban was the future, it wasn't just a bit to make up for no Revan in the game. The tomb symbolized that the Exile had settled his past to meet his future, Kreia said it herself in a way.

In the next game it will likely appear that Revan has taken his spot among the true sith as a high one. He is far up there, perhaps even the new Dark lord, however since it's a war of belief he is up there to expose Sith roots to have his Jedi allies attack, since they were not strong enough to do so in the end. He calls for help because he needs just that, Jedi allies, he may have some control, but he's no army, he can't just wipe them out alone. He is shocked to find out that the 100 remaining knights are gone, all dead, save one. He weeps for his dear Bastila (behind closed doors of course, no sith lord is a sissy) and waits for his only help. And there she is, the exile. Not his favorite choice, but when you're the one barely holding open the door, somebody has to go through and do the job. So the Exile does a hell of a bit in wiping out their core, but Revan's intentions are not so clear at first. They will not fight yet, because you cannot take power so easy, the true sith masters sit back and watch the fireworks from their nice seat in the outer rim. A nice war of belief drawing out the only two Jedi is perfect for them to begin seige on the Republic. So now Revan takes what bit of power he has left and saws it at it's roots, killing the Sith who were 'in charge' and dashing back to the Republic space in his old ship, leaving the exile in the far reaches. Many large and losing battles are there, the republic is falling slowly, only two things seem to be saving them. Two powerful generals who have risen to the call of war. The first is Revan, who is leading the battered fleets and fighting whatever he can, but he is all alone, there is nobody else to influence or anything. He is a lone Jedi. The second general appears to be even greater at winning battles than Revan, and has led the only victories against the Sith.

The Republic is now on the brink of collapse, all that needs to be done now is rip out it's heart, and since the vital ribcage (the Jedi) have been removed there is nothing to stop the destruction of the core worlds. By now the Exile has found a way to follow and sees the Ebon Hawk, her ship, ditched again. Revan's final master taught him one last thing, how to leave the Jedi forever, and he never recovered from it (why he was not the best student in the end) and the final lessons took place at Malachor. Now, only three days later the Exile finds nothing but Ravaged ships and dead senators at many of the core worlds. Something went wrong, another choice much like the Exiles was made, the choice to use such power of the force this time, and it was done under the same circumstances, only Revan still has the force, which means that Revan has turned fully, now the new Sith Master, corrupted beyond belief. Now the Exile and Revan duel. Revan is winning though, he is killing the Exile. After a long and tiring battle the Exile is defeated, but Revan still clings to his final masters lessons, and trys to put his point of view into the Exiles head. Already learning this lesson though, the Exile rises unchanged, but all others now think the Jedi are gone. And finally the last of the Jedi scraps form together to fight Revan. The lost Jedi return led by Bastila, these are all defeated though, and in a horridly sad but epic turn Revan kills Bastila (imagine how cool and emotional that scene would be, but sad) showing how dark Revan has truly become. The Exile comes back, Revan using the lost Jedi as bait, they have a final battle and you win in the game, but then it goes to cutscene and you lose the fight. But now you rise for a final time and win in the true way of the Jedi (or Sith) and win not in combat, but show Revan the truth. Using the ablity of the force bond you link to Revan and show how he is wrong, if light you show the futility of the Dark, and if Dark you show the weakness of blind murder. In the end you do not kill Revan, now that you have shown him your point of view by pushing it into his mind, you Exile him. Send him off to his own time of recollection and hope he will come back as the way he should. Some big scene.

The End.

It would be very long though.

I guess I kinda diverged a bit with the LEGO Star Wars thingy.

I just can't see how Revan can stay missing in assumedly a "dark" unknown region and still be LS. I know this I'm a bit biased by Mysteries of the Sith where Kyle explores some old Sith world and goes DS, but I don't see how it could work any other way.

Although personally, like I've said elsewhere, I am a fan of Revan/Bastila happy ending (well, maybe not focused entirely on them but u get the idea).

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

The vision in Korriban may mean something, or it may be a red herring. Oh well, I likes me some complexity.

Revan had already been through (or close to) the fall-to-the-darkside thing, and he'd seen what happened to Bastila. So I think he'd be fairly prepared, having done a lot of research on what he was likely to find. Knowing the kind of person Revan is, he would have some kind of plan.

If this is not a war that can be won with conventional methods, then the enemy has to be attacked insidiously, from the inside. In other words, the same thing he did at Malachor V with the Jedi; and that's where Force bonds come into the picture.

In the next game it will likely appear that Revan has taken his spot among the true sith as a high one.

Appear, yes. But it would be far more in keeping with Revan's character to attempt to turn the enemy against each other, or get close enough to the leaders to kill them if he couldn't swing the balance of power. This creates the opportunity for all kinds of new party members. But if one of these betrays him, he could be in real trouble; and in that case Exile's ability could come in handy, once Exile finds out that Revan isn't what he 'appears' to be. Exile's the key to extricating Revan and finishing the task, if the two can get past the 'trust' issue.

Canderous and Carth (and probably Bastila) were making preparations back in known space, so it's possible Revan expected to be pursued back if he was successful. Major battle, all previous companions involved. Threat ended, for now. Nice tidy bow.

... And there should be a somatopsychic grapling electrode fitted from the computer to the person playing, so that if the PC dies, the player can be electrocuted to death as well.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

... And there should be a somatopsychic grapling electrode fitted from the computer to the person playing, so that if the PC dies, the player can be electrocuted to death as well.

i'm down with that... taht would make one intense game though.... i would be doing some preaty carefull gaming from now on..... WOW

ok i am going to let you guys in on a little secret for the next kotor... its something that i have never seen or heard any one talking about so i feel like i am probably the only on who has seen this.... in the cave on korriban when you meet revan.... okay now hear me out, you see revan standing there right... well when you aproch him you see a dark side version of you standing to the left of revan.... look really close and walk up to him slow and you'll see it... but right when you get there the dark side verion of the exile disapres... and i aint making this up either... also you have to take into consideration that as kriea says... the first two images were of the past.. and the last 2 were from your future... okay so kriea allready went to the dark side so now all thats left is the exile meeting revan.. but from what happend you fought revan but then right before you kill him he dissapres as well... any way if any one else has noticed this meeting of revan thing and noticed that there is a dark side exile standing next to him then please respond to this....

well I think everyone saw this before :thumbsup:

well then most likly you and revan are going to be allies, probably only dark side however.... but i have a feeling kotor 3 will be a newbi and revan and exile team up and are dark side... and the newbi has to destroy you or bring revan and exile back to the light....

I support the idea that Revan will try to join the True Sith in an attempt to corrupt them from the inside; Revan has no way of knowing for sure that more Jedi and Sith will come to his/her aid, and not even Revan can fight an entire empire by themselves. I also agree that Rev and the Exile will be allys no matter alignment, at least until the end of the game. Kotor 2 made it clear that both sides will want to stop this new threat, both through the endings and Kriea's line on Malachor along the lines of "Revan will need followers, both Jedi and Sith." Of course, once the True Sith are out of the way, different alignments might cause a bit of a problem...

Also, I had a theory about Rev's plan that I cooked up over a bit of insomnia. I know this is completely insane and has no merit, but I'm going to post it anyway. :p Why did Krdia seek out the Exile when they had never met, and how did she know how to find them? According to Kreia, she needed the Exile becuase he/she is a wound in the Force and the only means of killing the Force once and for all. She also probably tracked the Exile the way Visas did. But what if she was lying? We know Kreia had been Revan's master, and that Revan had sought her help before leaving the Jedi. Once Rev remembered the threat of the True Sith one year after Kotor, it's possible they sought their old master out for help one last time. As former and future Darth Traya, Kreia knew plenty of betrayal, which means her student most likely did, too. Rev knew that they couldn't possibly defeat the True Sith on their own; even if they tried to collapse the Sith from in the inside, they would have to be sure the Republic would come to fight the Sith. The only way Rev could destroy the Sith without losing their trust before he/she could finish the job would be to perfectly manuever a battle with the Republic in such a way that it would be impossible for the Sith to win. Rev no doubt knew of the Exile's ability since the Exile had been a general under Revan's command and knew it could be used to their advantage, so they asked Kreia to seek the Exile out and lead them to him/her without telling the Exile what was going on. Like I said, completely insane, but crazy thoughts tend to occur to you in the wee hours of the morning. :thumbsup:

sig2.gif

They will either be ls allies or ds allies or just kill eachother lol. You guys are going to deep into the whole thing revan image thing. The exile only has one view of revan and thats the one from the war. How can you imagine revan as ls if you havent seen him in 5 years nor know his intentions.

Plus I believe that through K1 Revan grew to resist the darkness even more and more. Just think about it though he never went to malachor is kotor1 he still went to plenty of place where the ds is strong.

1)temple

2)star forge

3)korribean

Though not as dark as malachor they still had ds in them.

Then theres bastila who I think truly changed Revan. If anybody were to go dark it would be the exile. But ofcourse thats just my opinion and a whole bunch of blabbering.

They will either be ls allies or ds allies or just kill eachother lol. You guys are going to deep into the whole thing revan image thing. The exile only has one view of revan and thats the one from the war. How can you imagine revan as ls if you havent seen him in 5 years nor know his intentions.

Plus I believe that through K1 Revan grew to resist the darkness even more and more. Just think about it though he never went to malachor is kotor1 he still went to plenty of place where the ds is strong.

1)temple

2)star forge

3)korribean

Though not as dark as malachor they still had ds in them.

Then theres bastila who I think truly changed Revan. If anybody were to go dark it would be the exile. But ofcourse thats just my opinion and a whole bunch of blabbering.

i have you agree with you on that one... the chance that revan going DS is highly unlikly, i think Revan might go find the true sith only in hopes of destroying them... Revan might be leading the sith into destruction and then when its all said and done he'll walk away from it all... He dosn't need any ones help becuase he will go straight for the head sith master and crush him then take control of the sith and let them fall with out them knowing it... cause a cival war withing the sith.. . kinda like a cancer within the sith religion and then right during the war leave them in chaos and they will most likly destroy themselvs.. thats my thoughs on what Revan is breewing up... or maybe its something toltally differnt than that and Revan is leading the sith to crush the republic and the kotor 2 's 3 sith lords were mearly pawns of the true sith threat.... WOW thats deep....

i'm down with that... taht would make one intense game though.... i would be doing some preaty carefull gaming from now on..... WOW

It was a plot point in a James Bond -- Never Say Never Again, maybe? -- except that they had a general body electric shock; I think we should attach an encephalic electrode. ...

Actually there is already a game you can play that is basically a health programme; you can monitor your autonomic body processes (like heart rate, blood pressure, etc) and control them consciously. Now if we could rig that up for Force Powers ...!

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

LoL ok guys should get back on topic but I was thinking whats the strongest force in the star wars galaxy? It seems to be love which influences alot of the things the jedi seem to do.Dealing with anakins fall to the ds to save padme or jolee not bein able to kill his wife which who in turn killed alot of jedi. My point though is Revan was able to resist the ds at its greatest when the one who he was bonded to and loved tried to tempt him and yet he was able to fight off the ds and save her aswell if you're ls.

Hmmmm, just thinking about the possibilities of that in a MMORPG!! think about it, theres some guy thats been bugging you all night, before you know it, BAM, you hit him with the Force Lightning :D (w00t)

LoL ok guys should get back on topic but I was thinking whats the strongest force in the star wars galaxy? It seems to be love which influences alot of the things the jedi seem to do.Dealing with anakins fall to the ds to save padme or jolee not bein able to kill his wife which who in turn killed alot of jedi. My point though is Revan was able to resist the ds at its greatest when the one who he was bonded to and loved tried to tempt him and yet he was able to fight off the ds and save her aswell if you're ls.

i agree with that love has allways been an important factor in the Star Wars universe... example: Revan-Bastila, Anakin-Padme, Han-Solo-Leia, Exile-every hot chick in the game hahaha man the Exiles a pimp... P.I.M.P.

good point weapon. Especially considering you can save Bastilia at the end of #1. With bastilia around it's not like he's going to go dark. It's like having two supports on a bridge rather than one

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Thatas why I believe the exile has more of a chance to turn dark. Think about it these supposed true sith teachings are supposedly about taking others force powers who does that to a degree the exile.Unless he is healed some how I see him trying to use this knowledge to destroy the true sith but ends up overwhelmed by it.