Obsidian Forums Diplomacy Game 1 (OBS-1)

Absolutely no cause for alarm

by Ludwig Rotwang, via telegram from an undisclosed location

The citizens of the state of Munich and Denmark are recommended to keep calm and not to worry, there can be no doubt that Germany will rise from this crisis as it has countless times before. Kaiser Kaftan Barlast and the German high command has chosen to make a tactical withdrawal of the staff offices to Argentina. They wish to asure the german people that this is not out of cowardice, but because Argentina offers unique strategic possibilities. And also that the national gold deposit in Switzerland will be put to good use.

Bayerisch correspondant Hans Gruber repports via telegram that "people here in munich are happy it was the italians, at least those lads can cook."

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Though it probably will not matter to most of you, and will do little to nothing to regain my status, I felt I must make something clear. I did try to continue, in fact, I planned on it. I had numerous conversations with various countries, including as you should all know thanks to a certain someone's post, Germany. Frankly, it is the not the fact that I would have soon been eliminated that caused me to withdraw from the game. It was the complete lack of decorum and general decency on the part of several players: some who made jokes at my misfortune, knowing full well I could do nothing to prevent them from exacerbating it and others who found such treatment amusing and decided to share it with everyone.

In the end, however, despite any motives or reasons to the contrary, I am responsible for my own actions and, in this instance, I have disappointed myself and others. I apologize and hope this will not be held against me in future occurrences.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

I appologise. I dont take this very seriously myself, so I couldnt possibly have known that you would be so offended.

In fact, I am still waiting for a certain pair of dirty, rotten backstabbers to mock me :D but alas, they havent :ermm:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Agenzia Giornalistica Italia, Dicembre 10, 1902

Operation German Shepherd a success!

luigi.jpg

by Luigi the Chef

A stunning series of simultaneous attacks from its western, southern and northern flanks bamboozled the once proud nation of Germany into submission. As a result, Kaiser Kaftan's forces have taken to retiring to a peaceful life in Great Britain. The English goverment itself has collapsed following the schizophrenic nervous breakdown of their former Prime Minister Archie.

Lord Jaguar however issued an apology to his good friend Kaiser Kaftan - stating that the invasion of Munich was undertaken without his consent by his impetuous general, Grand Inquisitor Nartwak. Many are touting Grand Inquisitor Nartwak to be the likely successor to Lord Jaguar.

Meanwhile Kaiser Kaftan himself is believed to have retreated to Argentina setting himself up an illicit drug ring, trafficking cocaine to Europe. Combined with the money laundering allegations he's facing from Switzerland, many speculate Kaiser Kaftan to still have deep rooted connections with the Jagbino crime family in Italy.

manthing2.jpg

Also:

Archie - if you had gone for the Iberian Gamble and successfully stolen a centre, you might have been back in the game after all. Given that Kaft now has to disband a unit (it could even be the army he has in Edinburgh), you might just have been able to take back one of your supply centres. Just goes to show one should never give up my friend - but I look forward to our next game together. :p

manthing2.jpg

Russian Hegemony a Reality

Moscow (AP) - Two years ago Tzar Ender Wiggin the Great rose to power with a historic speech. In that speech he made a national No Pants holiday, but he also rose to power not only as Russian leader, but a world leader. On the anniversary of his succession, The Great One spoke about Russia's role in European politics.

"There is a sickness in Europe. It is born from fear, unrest and weakness. I entered office on the verge of war, but I have kept combat from our homeland, and kept our nation safe. As I predicted, Russia has been thrust because of our strength and powerful leadership, into the mantle of a Hegemony. We bring welcome peace and unity throughout the land."

Detractors questioned Russia's motives, calling Russia a bully who invades other sovereign nations on whims. The Tzar did not back down from such tough questions. He openly answered them saying, "the people of each of these nations lived in fear due to the weak leaders and generals of such nations. Such dogs carried fleas, and we have merely cleaned the streets of such mutts, providing a safer way of life for all people."

The detractors where then shot in completely random and unrelated acts of violence that will no doubt be ruled as suicide upon later review. Clearly, anyone whom in a moment of weakness questioned the pristine record of Tzar Ender Wiggin the Great would no doubt find no point in living after having their folly pointed out to them.

Vodka and perogies were served and the bodies were removed as the Tzar's celebration/press conference continued.

I appologise. I dont take this very seriously myself, so I couldnt possibly have known that you would be so offended.

In fact, I am still waiting for a certain pair of dirty, rotten backstabbers to mock me :D but alas, they havent ;)

Yet again, I have overreacted. I did not view this game as seriously as my last post may have implied. I tend towards the dramatic, in situations such as this. Though, now that I think about, it isnt all that unusual that I have a minor complex concerning perceived slights considering the relationship I have with my father.

Also, on a somewhat tangential note, I think I have discovered why I am agnostic. Ive been reading up on Freud and Jung lately for a research paper and I read something that made a great deal of sense to me. According to Freud, God is a totemic representation of the father's exaggerated worth in an attempt to detract from the guilt the son(s) have for killing their father to gain power in prehistoric times. Therefore, the relationship between a person and God often parallels that between themselves and their father. I have a terrible relationship with my father, i.e. I have a terrible relationship with God.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

He also thought there was no way to overdose on cocaine, and prescribed it as a panacea to all his patients ... some of whom died from cocaine overdoses.

But, yeah, bloody Russians and their offensive form of defence. I think everyone should attack them from now on.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT