Should Tatooine and/or Kashyyk be in KotOR 3

User Name

Do you want Tatooine or Kashyyk to be in KotOR 3?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Tatooine or Kashyyk to be in KotOR 3?

• I want both to be in KotOR 3!
    • I want Tatooine (I like frolicking in the sand)
    • I want Kashyyk (wookiees!)
    • I want none of the two.

methiks the tv series will fall apart after a few weeks, kinds like Birds of Prey did.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

so they have extra episodes to play after the funding dies. so what? course we don't know anything about the series plot line or anything :(

LucasFilm probably think millions will watch it whether its fantastic or dire. Can't imagine where they got that idea.

Is there an expected date for the series to air in the US? I suppose Sky will buy it for the UK pretty soon after.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

methiks the tv series will fall apart after a few weeks, kinds like Birds of Prey did.

That's pretty hard to do when they are talking about filming the first 20 episodes at once like a mini-series.

The current tv series modus operandi is to commission 4-6 episodes at a time (the producers don't want another actors' class-action-pay-negotiation, like Friends), so I find it very unusual that anyone involved would just film 20 episodes "even if they sucked".

Sounds like wishful thinking, to me. :("

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The current tv series modus operandi is to commission 4-6 episodes at a time (the producers don't want another actors' class-action-pay-negotiation, like Friends), so I find it very unusual that anyone involved would just film 20 episodes "even if they sucked".

Sounds like wishful thinking, to me.  :("

We're talking about Lucas. Most people only film X number of episodes at once because they need funding. A pilot gets funded, and then so many episodes, etc.

Lucas will do this on his own dime. He films whatever episodes he so desires, and doesn't need approval to do as such, and then he will syndicate his show.

Will a network air all the episodes he films?

That's another story.

That's another story.

I just can't imagine it being so dire that people won't watch it, or enough die-hard fans to make it viable. I mean, people paid money to see Attack of the Clones, after all. ;) I thought TV in the US was always based on a team of writers, isn't that right? If that happens, then the worst Lucasisms will be expunged and the product might actually be good.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

My interest in SW tends to be proportional to the money and effort involved. >_<

I'll quite likely watch EPIII again when it gets to cable, but not before. EPII is the only one I actively avoid.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

We're talking about Lucas.  Most people only film X number of episodes at once because they need funding.  A pilot gets funded, and then so many episodes, etc.

Lucas will do this on his own dime.  He films whatever episodes he so desires, and doesn't need approval to do as such, and then he will syndicate his show.

That's another story.

When did GL become a patron of the screen actors guild?

I'm sure he's not going to film 20 episodes if no-one will buy them! He may be a bad writer/director, but he's a good businessman.

Nah, there will be normal procedures followed, otherwise someone will be risking more than normal (tv execs or GL), and that won't happen.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

yay back on topic. Maybe have Kashyyk be less unable to go back to ship. if you know what i mean.

Yes, you should be able to revisit those planets and all other previous planets, BUT only after you beat the game. After the credits are finished, it should be unlocked as bonus content where you can visit them to do optional quests depending on whether you finished good or evil.

Example: If you finish the game darkside and go back to lets say Kashyyk, npc's either flee at your sight or attack you...you reach the wookie leader Zaalbar, and make a very nice fur coat for Bastila :p or maybe you look for recruits for your new sith academy and sell the rest to Czerka Corp. :p

well spider man was a different style of game. than kotor. mean it's not like radom enemies are a big thing in Kotor

What really would be the point of going back to planets after completing the game though?? I mean sure, the locals there would be able to praise you or run from you but thats pretty much it, and if you were to get to kill them or recruit them or do things for them, then the game wouldnt really be finished.....and what happens after that?? <_<

yea....waffling on :)

And yea.....spiderman is totally a different style of game to KOTOR, at the end you could just go on stopping petty crimes, just for fun and to get those superhero points (?), but all youd be doing in kotor is gaining experience for no reason..

it'd be cute if the planet's evolved as the amount of gametime went up. After six hrs a wookie rebellion kills all the czerka so if you were helping czerka you would be in deeep poodoo. or on tattoine you could have several settlements and the npc's trade off settlements. Tuskens' take this one settlers take that one then they have an ongoing war with every so often a tusken raid party appears in the walls of a settlement killing and slaughtering everyone. Also i would love to see more than one landing zone on each planet.

it'd be cute if the planet's evolved as the amount of gametime went up. After six hrs a wookie rebellion kills all the czerka so if you were helping czerka you would be in deeep poodoo. ...

Wasn't that the exact plot of K1 ? :thumbsup:

It would be interesting to go back to the wookie planey (the one with too many k's and y's) to see how things have progressed since big Z's old man was left in charge maybe u would bump into old jolee again

You're really talking about time-lapse in the RPG world, then.

It's not a new concept, just not very often implemented; for example, the old Infocom game Witness (a text-based adventure game) had a strict order of events; your detective PC had to be in certain areas at certain times to collect a critical mass of clues and evidence to crack the case.

Good idea.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Certainly. I always play games to find their weaknesses, find out how to beat a game using its own strategies and tactics against it (game theory).

So it is quite easy to know that, e.g. until I trigger the next cutscene by boarding the Ebon Hawk, I can run around on the planet with total plot impugnity, fighting and playing Pazaak or whatever, exploring caves or exterminating Lagreiks.

I always check to make sure there is no time-lapse in the game (needlessly, it seems -- e.g. sun setting, or dialogue updates based only on time and not event triggers). It just makes the game a little tighter, less room to bunk off and mess around.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT