What are you reading?

Silvershadow

It's stupid that the short form of Richard is in the filter anyhow.

I've been reading through the Ender's game series. I've liked them all so far. Ender's Game is my favorite, followed by Speaker for the Dead. I'm losing a bit of steam on the Bean storyline. I'm almost done with Shadow Puppets and, while I find it entertaining, it's my least favorite.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Charles Dickens

Philip K. ****

Chronicles of Riddick

Hmmm, so it only filters it as a single word, interesting.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I've been on a few boards where not only the word itself is censored, but any instance where the letters d, i, c and k are put sequentially. Actually, I remember back in Ion Storm boards; the filter there turned d1ck into "peepee" and f*ck into "love". The results where sometimes interesting.

"I so want to love you, but our differencies are too much. That's nice, oh...wait :( "

"Did you already see Ridpeepee? Wut? ;)"

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I've been on a few boards where not only the word itself is censored, but any instance where the letters d, i, c and k are put sequentially. Actually, I remember back in Ion Storm boards; the filter there turned d1ck into "peepee" and f*ck into "love". The results where sometimes interesting.

"I so want to love you, but our differencies are too much. That's nice, oh...wait :( "

"Did you already see Ridpeepee? Wut? ;)"

On Fark, "First Post" becomes "boobies", So "Go back and look at my first post" becomes...

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

;) Must be a great board. Reminds me of SA moderating policies.
kirottu said:

It filters the word diсk?  Are you suuuuure? ;)

You have far too much time on your hands ... :(

I'm toying with the idea of quickly reading Foundation (the first novel in the series, and it and the immediate sequels are the best imo).

Asimov has a lot to teach us.

He used to write without a plan (cf. the great Charles Dickens). Once he explained how he hired a secretary to type up his dictaphone notes for him. Later, the girl came to him and said she couldn't do her job. When he asked why, she turned on the dictaphone and Asimov's excited and agitated voice came squealing out of the speaker in an unintelligible hurry, as he gave stage direction and dialogue for a character that was obviously in a frenetic situation.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

han****

****monger

****master

As you can see, it filters this word even when combined to form other words.

Azumskork****mashta.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

"Azumskork****mashta. "

:unsure:

So someone has written all the exceptions to the filters code? Must have been a drill.

kirottu said:

****ake

Edit: That's a mushroom, dammit. :unsure:

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

Wild.

Somebody should make a "board rulette". Can you avoid the filter? :D

kirottu said:

Oh, give it a rest, you Tom Fools, before the hand of justice descends and locks the thread. :madr:

I'm going to start reading Xenophile after I'm done with Shadow Puppets.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

John Hanсoсk signed the Declaration of Independence. Wheee. :D

WHy can you write han**** but not me o:)

john han****

john hang****

peter ****monger

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

WHy can you write han**** but not me :(

john han****

john hang****

peter ****monger

Bwhahahahaha! That is my secret! I shall never tell you! Bwhahahaha! :)

Philip K Diсk was killed by a сoсkatrice!

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

WHy can you write han**** but not me :(

john han****

john hang****

peter ****monger

Bwhahahahaha! That is my secret! I shall never tell you! Bwhahahaha! :)

Ooh lemme try:

Bwhahahahaha! That is my secret! I shall never tell you! Bwhahahaha! :(

EDIT: Thanks for telling me the Uber Ninja Secret reveilled. Kaftan's gonna be pissed! ^_^

manthing2.jpg