Kotor3 domain

I know no one remebers me our cares I've just been too busy to post... lurked of course

Anaway I thought I'd inform you that I've found out that some one has reserved the domain www.kotor3.com I don't know if it's lucasarts but I thought it was interesting.

According to whois, it was reserved on the 22nd November last by the same registrar who reserved www.kotor2.com.

Whether that means that there will be a kotor3 depends upon LucasArts impressions of how Kotor2 went down, and whether their customers will buy a third installment. I think the questionnaire that was circulating a little while ago whas part of that decision. However it plays out, LucasArts would have already been planning a Kotor3; they would have to to get it out of the door in a reasonable time-frame.

Reserving the domain is just a natural response when releasing a game which has a predictable sequel.

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.

Interesting. www.kotnr.com and www.knights2end (the TSL Restoration Projects forum web site) were both reserved by the same registrar:

Domain Name: KOTNR.COM

Registrar: GO DADDY SOFTWARE, INC.

Coincidence? (w00t)

Also www.kotor4.com has been reserved, but - probably- not by someone acting for LucasArts (different registrar).

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.

I think people tend to overreact to domain names being registered. A lot of times it's just someone or some group registering a name that they believe will eventually be needed and can thus sell it off for a tidy profit.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Interesting. www.kotnr.com and www.knights2end (the TSL Restoration Projects forum web site) were both reserved by the same registrar:

Registrar: GO DADDY SOFTWARE, INC.

Coincidence? (w00t)

Also www.kotor4.com has been reserved, but - probably- not by someone acting for LucasArts (different registrar).

The registrar is the company that registered someone else's purchase.

The Registrant is:

William Warren

PO BOX 500

Homeland, California 92548

United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com (http://www.godaddy.com)

Created on: 27-Sep-04

Expires on: 27-Sep-06

Last Updated on: 27-Sep-04

Administrative Contact:

Warren, William mrwcubed at yahoo.com (what a cool handle)

PO BOX 500

Homeland, California 92548

United States

=========================================

Updated Date: 01-oct-2004

Creation Date: 27-sep-2004

Expiration Date: 27-sep-2006

I would say this is a punter trying his luck. Unless anyone recognises Mr Warren's name from LucasArts?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT