PC Snobs

Foamhead

downloadable demos

Instead of downloading demos console user get this thing called "renting" which in many ways is better considering many games can be beaten before they have to be returned meaning you can sample the most if not all of the game before you decided to buy. Meanwhile us PC users get demos which limit playing to maybe one or two levels of the game with about 1 hour of playtime for a single playthrough. If you want to play the entire game you need to purchase it. :)

Too true

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

The key my friends is to own EVERY GAMING PLATFORM IN EXISTENCE. For then you are no longer a man...but a God.

Sorry but, not all of us are rich. Besides, I don't care for the games on the playstation so why would I want to buy it?

a%20-%20Apophis.jpg"Foolish mortal - kneel before your God!"

manthing2.jpg

"How come PC sports games suck but the console version rocks?"

'Cause they do. Consoles, for whatever reason, do sports games better. It may hurt PC fanboys' heart; but it is true. Of course, PC does certain things better too. HOW SHOCKING!

I would agree that most sports games don't come off well on PC. Many of the newer Hockey games that make it to the PC have incredible customizations and create a player, but they always play horribly. On the console of your choice, however, you sacrifice that little bit of graphical detail for smooth play.

Golf games are better on the pc, IMHO, with the exception of that PGA game that used to be on the old Sega Genesis... :p

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Funny thing is I anticipated people saying rpgs are superior on PC's. However the thing I notice is that almost every RPG released gets bashed with the exceptions of Fallout and Planescape.

- I looked for two years and I finally got a copy of Planescape and I have no idea what the fuss it about. There is so far nothing to do in this game but wander around talking.

- When KotOR was released almost everyone bashed it and everyone went on about the suprise in the middle as if they clued in from the start and called it "lame".

- Fallout 2 was even bashed, and honestly it is superior to the first in my opinion, because it has lots and lost of stuff to do.

If RPG's are better on PC's, then I guess I am asking why no one ever seems to LIKE any of them?

I am honestly not trying to start a flame war but "PC only" people seem so rabid it makes me shake my head.

The way it works is that we first bash a game on release, then after a couple of years we elevate it to god-status. This goes for all games, not just crpgs.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

PC - Better Graphics with mid-range cards mid generation cycle, better controls for CRPGs, FPSs and RTSs. Does a ton of stuff besides gaming.

Gamecube - Has a ton of high quality games, quirky, but you're more likely to find a good game than a bad game on it. Durable as hell, because there's a lot less to go wrong with it. Also the cheapest, because there's a lot less in it/to go wrong with it.

PS2 - Massive library, harder to find quality titles than with Gamecube, but still many good games on it. Not nearly as durable as Gamecube.

Xbox - Only two, maybe three titles I really enjoy (the two Oddworlds, maybe Jade Empire). The rest have either been ported to PC decently, or I could honestly care less about.

PC will definitely gain an edge almost from the get go next generation with the advent of the PPU cards. PS3 and Xbox 360 will not have one, Revolution might as the specs haven't been released yet.

Funny thing is I anticipated people saying rpgs are superior on PC's. However the thing I notice is that almost every RPG released gets bashed with the exceptions of Fallout and Planescape.

- I looked for two years and I finally got a copy of Planescape and I have no idea what the fuss it about. There is so far nothing to do in this game but wander around talking.

- When KotOR was released almost everyone bashed it and everyone went on about the suprise in the middle as if they clued in from the start and called it "lame".

- Fallout 2 was even bashed, and honestly it is superior to the first in my opinion, because it has lots and lost of stuff to do.

If RPG's are better on PC's, then I guess I am asking why no one ever seems to LIKE any of them?

I am honestly not trying to start a flame war but "PC only" people seem so rabid it makes me shake my head.

Hahaha you're freaking moron. People here present you rational arguments based on evidence and all your reaction is "shake my head becouse they are rabid". Your Sentence If RPG's are better on PC's, then I guess I am asking why no one ever seems to LIKE any of them? is most stupid sentence to be ever written on this forum. PC RPG games have millions of devoted fans and online communities like Baldur's Gate series, Neverwinter Nights etc but you obviously never heard about them. You have less contact with reality than amazon indians... :lol:

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Do you want cancer?  I don't, so that's why I play console games.

If you are referring to the increase in emissions from a cathode ray tube, the highest danger is the area immediately behind the monitor. LCD and plasma screens do not have any such issues.

a%20-%20Apophis.jpg"Foolish mortal - What do you mean you don't like my hat?!"

:lol:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

So did Arcanum. Too bad indeed...

You could be a whore, how cool was that? :-)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Hahaha you're freaking moron. People here present you rational arguments based on evidence and all your reaction is "shake my head becouse they are rabid". Your Sentence If RPG's are better on PC's, then I guess I am asking why no one ever seems to LIKE any of them? is most stupid sentence to be ever written on this forum.

I didn't make a more legthy post, and instead chose to focus my answer on one statment because I have this thing called a "job". A job is when people who no longer live with thier mommies and daddies go some place and exchange labor or services for money. You will probably have one too one day if you ever manage to finish school.

Who's a big boy? You're a big boy! Coochie coo!

PC RPG games have millions of devoted fans and online communities like Baldur's Gate series, Neverwinter Nights etc but you obviously never heard about them.

I don't recall writing that these games didn't have many fans. I guess the subtle message I was posting was lost on you, much like good manners and parents who don't regret that there was no morning after pill when they made you.

You have less contact with reality than amazon indians...

This is called thinly veiled racism, and is also patently untrue. Most natives living in the tribal regions of the Amazon and Africa are well aware of the modern world and are also quite adept at exploiting the political conditions of their home countries to their own needs. They just don't want to modernize any more then they have to. You will learn about these exciting cultures and many more when you are old enough to walk through the halls in school without holding on to a skipping rope.

Cheers.

The key my friends is to own EVERY GAMING PLATFORM IN EXISTENCE. For then you are no longer a man...but a God.
a%20-%20Apophis.jpg"Foolish mortal - kneel before your God!"

:-

Also: Foamhead 1 - Nurbs 0

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I didn't make a more legthy post, and instead chose to focus my answer on one statment because I have this thing called a "job". A job is when people who no longer live with thier mommies and daddies go some place and exchange labor or services for money. You will probably have one too one day if you ever manage to finish school.

Well if you don't have time for writing appropriate posts, why bother and later

making excuses with your vaunted job? I have a job too (although you baselessly assumed otherwise) but I don't need to cover clumsiness with it, like you. Do something right, or don't do at all. :p

Most natives living in the tribal regions of the Amazon and Africa are well aware of the modern world and are also quite adept at exploiting the political conditions of their home countries to their own needs. They just don't want to modernize any more then they have to.

As for indians there are still tribes in Amazon basin isolated totally, but maybe I really offended them by making comparisons with superjerk like you? Sorry indians...

I don't recall writing that these games didn't have many fans. I guess the subtle message I was posting was lost on you, much like good manners and parents who don't regret that there was no morning after pill when they made you.

No I don't get your "subtle message". You seem to be an immature lamer who came here to abuse PC users with thesis based on ignorance (otherwise you wouldn't ignore arguments of your opponents). Your opinion clearly suggested that all PC RPG games suck and nobody likes them. While situation looks inversely. So don't try to twist the meaning of your statement. Rest of your blurb is quite insulting and proves that indeed, you are a frustrated moron. :-

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Nurbs, you cant win an argument by insulting your opponent. That way he will refuse to admit it even if you're right.

Anger management issues are of the dark side.

This guy is amazingly stupid, even for a console standards.

Besides people were giving tenable arguments here, but he just ignored them.

Maybe becouse they practically won the discussion with obvious technical facts.

And how lamo like this, could admit that he lost?

Obviously reality doesn't have any meaning for his religious vision of the eternal console/PC conflict. :-

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Huh? No one likes PC RPGs? Someone is on crack. That is all. RPGs are the ONLY reason I got back into computers, and they are the ONLY PC games that I buy.

No RPGs = No computer for me

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.