"Fallout 3 at E3" @ IGN

Well we already knew that it was in production =]

Yeah, I dunno why they needed to put a poster up for it. Todd Whatshisname had a spot at the conference however, so it might be connected to his speech or whatnot they do at the conference part of E3.

I'm not surprised that they won't be showing anything from the production of the game however, as the last I heard from them, they don't even have a team on the game yet.

What?! The game's supposed to be out in a year and they dont have a team on it yet?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Its set for release 2006, so 1

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Well, apparently that is what their publisher/distributor has been telling the shops because Ive seen it listed as "to be released 2006".

"saying that "Bethesda sucks and everything their hands touch turn into poo" is rather hasty to say the least."

Nonsense. How can it be hasty to say Bethesda games sucks when they've been making games for nearly 2 decades? Every game I've played either if I bought them myself or through friends have been crap yet somehow I'm supposed to 'ive them a chance' with FO3? It's not I just woke up this morning and said they suck. I've learn they suck by experiencing their trash.

HAHAHAHAHA!

It would be only idiotic if I bought their FO3 simply ebcause of the title. I don't think so. Same with Oblivion.

Oblivion will not be pruchased until its 20$ or less.

FO3 will not purhcased until it is under 50$, and gets good reviews by REAL role-players; not Bethesda fnaboys whod efend their crappy games.

That is all. 8)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"saying that "Bethesda sucks and everything their hands touch turn into poo" is rather hasty to say the least."

Nonsense. How can it be hasty to say Bethesda games sucks when they've been making games for nearly 2 decades? Every game I've played either if I bought them myself or through friends have been crap yet somehow I'm supposed to 'ive them a chance' with FO3? It's not I just woke up this morning and said they suck. I've learn they suck by experiencing their trash.

HAHAHAHAHA!

It would be only idiotic if I bought their FO3 simply ebcause of the title. I don't think so. Same with Oblivion.

Oblivion will not be pruchased until its 20$ or less.

FO3 will not purhcased until it is under 50$, and gets good reviews by REAL role-players; not Bethesda fnaboys whod efend their crappy games.

That is all. :-

It's interesting how you claim me to be a Bethesda fanboy just because I don't break the forum rules and troll about other game companies. :)

Many of the flaws in Morrowind, Bethesda say they're trying to fix in Oblivion. That means that there's a chance it can be a much better game than Morrowind. Regardless of what you think of their previous products, you cannot deny that Oblivion might become a game that you'll enjoy.

I personally have no illusions about what FO3 will become, good or bad. I am almost certain however (although I could be wrong) that it will not be a turn-based isometric RPG.

Kaftan: I wouldn't trust what stores say. They always put release dates up before they know anything. Game sites state the release date as To be announced.

"It's interesting how you claim me to be a Bethesda fanboy just because I don't break the forum rules and troll about other game companies"

I'm not trolling about Bethesda. I'm stating my opinion on Bethesda. There's a not so subtle difference.

"That means that there's a chance it can be a much better game than Morrowind."

There's also a chance it'll be worse. I do know that I'm not giving them the benefit of the doubt in this case.

Is there a good place on the internet to read reviews by 'REAL role-players'? I'm not sure I would share their tastes, but it's always interesting to get a variety of points of view.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

"It's interesting how you claim me to be a Bethesda fanboy just because I don't break the forum rules and troll about other game companies"

I'm not trolling about Bethesda. I'm stating my opinion on Bethesda. There's a not so subtle difference.

"That means that there's a chance it can be a much better game than Morrowind."

There's also a chance it'll be worse. I do know that I'm not giving them the benefit of the doubt in this case.

1. "It's OK to say you don't like a game, but referring to another company's employees as "weenies" or flatly saying another company "sucks" will simply not be tolerated here." and you even said "I've learn they suck by experiencing their trash." ;P

Not that I care, mind you. I believe you're entitled to your opinion.

2. I agree, the game may become worse as a result of them trying to correct the flaws from previous games. The only certain thing is that we won't know until the game's done.

And if it does suck, it's not the end of the world. It's just a game :thumbsup:

No speciifc place; but I'll know when I see them. original.gif

Well I'm gonna write a review and give it either 10 or 1 even before playing it...it will be awesome :thumbsup:

Hell even I think,there's a small chance at it being decent..tho I won't view it as a Fallout game :D

You could skip it and just ask me. There is none with as inpeccable taste and my powers of judgement are unequalled.

If Kaftan sayeth it is teh shizntitz, then it is so.

Note: Plz STFU Noceur, you're going to get the thread locked.

No speciifc place; but I'll know when I see them. original.gif

Hell even I think,there's a small chance at it being decent..tho I won't view it as a Fallout game :D

That's about how I feel about it. And fallout 2 is so old that a part of its feel is the (now) shoddy grafics and stuff.

Well I'm gonna write a review and give it either 10 or 1 even before playing it...

A born reviewer.

I still think that Bethesda would be smart to get away from its image as only being capable of producing Morrowind-style games, and do something radically different with Fallout 3.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

"And if it does suck, it's not the end of the world. It's just a game"

Of course. :thumbsup:

I didn't flatly say another company sucked. I said their games sucked. Another not so subtle difference.

Here's my quotes again:

"to say Bethesda games sucks"

"Every game I've played either if I bought them myself or through friends have been crap yet"

Sadly, the below part of my post does warrant me being admonished for brekaing forum rules. I'll make sure to be more careful in the future. Next time, I'll leave the 'I've learn they suck' put of that sentence...

"I've learn they suck by experiencing their trash."

If Kaftan sayeth it is teh shizntitz, then it is so.

So is it?

A hen doesnt start laying gold eggs just because we want it to. Not even if it promises it will.

Eh, yeah sorry, mate... I shouldn't have pushed it through a second post as I wasn't being very serious with it in my first post.

SteveThaiBinh: Yeah, I agree. It'd be nice even if they just went away from the 1st person/3rd person follow cam modes to a more top down mode. Judging by the comments from the devs themselves, it's not very likely to happen though.

O'course, Metroid had always been a game that relied on player skill... Any concerns surrounding its jump from sidescrolling 2D into firstperson 3D were as minimal as whatever concerns may have been surrounding the same thing in regards to games like Metal Gear or Grand Theft Auto. The gameplay would remain the same, and the switch didn't tamper with it... Fallout, or any game that operates primarily on character skill being changed into a player reflex fest, or halfway combining player and character skill, affects some underlying gameplay elements of the game.

Good points. I agree.