"Fallout 3 at E3" @ IGN

Don't apologize to me. That's disrespectful. :p

Oh, be quiet and get back in your cage, Vol.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I still think that Bethesda would be smart to get away from its image as only being capable of producing Morrowind-style games, and do something radically different with Fallout 3.

Smart yes, but still I

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

"That must be why aiming was entirely dependent of me and didn't really rely on my characters' Perception scores OH WAIT"

That's why some people find the game easy, and others find it easy. Yup, it mostc ertainly depends on player skills. Use your brain. I said skill; not reflex. :thumbsup:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Um. Fallout has always dependant on player skill. Every single game I have ever played has. Every. single. one.

Actually, I believe you can finish the last boss in Fallout 2 without a fight. But I agree, it takes wits and that's something the player has to have.

In fact, I'd have to say that most of the game depends on the player having some wits (not an abundant amount, just enough to get him through some quests).

But I think it's the change of the game being demanding on the players wits, to the game being demanding on the players reflexes that is being debated :thumbsup:

Not that a game that demands reflexes can't demand some wits!

"That must be why aiming was entirely dependent of me and didn't really rely on my characters' Perception scores OH WAIT"

That's why some people find the game easy, and others find it easy. Yup, it mostc ertainly depends on player skills. Use your brain. I said skill; not reflex. :thumbsup:

Same thing. Player reflexes are something that belongs exclusively to the player, not the character. Or are you going to blabber on for the next ten pages about how every game ever made requires player skill (when you most likely mean control), and will dodge the issue of the differences between player and character skill in a game?

The only dodging is you. Just admit that player skill is *always* important when playing games. Always.

Newsflash, dumbnut: I never said otherwise. Now before you go back to your selective reading, ask yourself why I'm not denying it's important. Hint: because the discussion was about how character and player skills are entirely different things, not about how player skill is always important to whatever game.

Do you understand now or do I have to suffer trough another of your butchered sentences about how NWN rules and you win in spite of rarely leaving the losing side?