Star Wars III, hottest actress??

Speaking as someone who's the same age as Portman, I nevertheless have to challenge the idea that adult men are somehow depraved for finding a very physically attractive post-adolescent female to be as attractive as she is.  Are the anatomical criteria for an ideal mate, which serve as the principles of human physical attraction, supposed to change in the head of fertile male of middle age into an aversion to fertile mates of good age for reproduction?  I can't imagine how on earth that kind of preference could survive as the norm (a preference for a less rather than more fertile mate) unless enforced by a social code of make-believe desire.  The viability of relationships between people of different ages is a completely different, weighty, sociological question, but the answer to the question of whether any given sexually mature male is likely to find a sexually mature female of reproductive age attractive seems obvious.  I have no particular desire to live in a make-believe world where 40 year olds pretend that anyone under thirty is completely without sexually attractive characteristics to them.  It's just not realistic.

Firstly, the fertility argument matches up 18 year old men (male peak) with 40 year old women (female peak).

Secondly, you are looking at "attractiveness" as a one-dimensional prospect. (Not unusual for someone your age.) To me Portman looks like a young teenager in that film, not a sex siren. She has no "sex appeal", no charisma.

I prefer Emmanuelle B

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

she's no actor.

the story is the GL loved the cover art of a comic featuring Aayla so much that he decided to "canonise" her, i guess he didnt look too far as the part is merely that of a glorified extra.

The circumstances of Amy's trip to film are meaningless. Facts are facts: she plays Aayla in AOTC and ROTS (where she has actually her own talk-scene) so she's an actress. Logical.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Natalie Portman is definitely the hottest actress in Star Wars.

:rolleyes::):):):):) 2nd that

no doubt about it, shes one of the hottest actresses both in Star Wars and out (like Closer).

Christ YES with the walking in slow motion towards the camera scenes in Closer!

Blue lorry yellow lorry blue lorry yellow lorry blorry. D'oh.

How can some of you say that Natalie Portman is not hot? :)

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

Portman is extraordinarily hot. However it would be hard to kiss her without humming 'Beyond the Stars'.

(w00t) :)

btw, it's "Across the Stars" - minor point ;)

If this is a "vote" where's the poll?

(me > Portman)

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Portman is a mediocre actress with small boobs & ugly body. It's just a fact. Her performance in prequels is truly pathetic and she should die painfully. Even Hayden isn't that bad.

I go with Nalini Krishan who starred as Barriss Offee and Amy "Aayla" Allen. They own overrated Portman  t o t a l l y. :thumbsup:

Agreed.

But to further exemplify, even Aunt Beru (young Beru that is!), played by Bonnie Piesse is better than Portman:

bonnie_piesse.jpg

:thumbsup:

manthing2.jpg

Dude, Natalie Portman is much hotter:

natalie_portman.jpg

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

(w00t)

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Terryfying

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

What did natalie portman do to her hair!? :thumbsup:

--John Stewart Mill--

--Black Hawk Down--

She was born in 1981, do the math.

I was born in the sixties, you do the math. And the guy I was referring to was born well before I was.

Secondly, as I have already stated, sex appeal is not just skin deep. There are many women who are not recognised for their striking beauty, yet feature highly on "most-sexy" lists (especially in the UK, for some reason). Perhaps excruciatingly beautiful women intimidate most males ...

Thirdly, it's a shallow, one-dimensional measure. Portman would have trouble displaying less charisma if she were somnambulating or dead: and I'm not into somnophilia nor necrophilia. ;)

What did natalie portman do to her hair!? :thumbsup:

It's for her next role, I believe. Either that or she's taking fashion advice from Sionade O'Connor.

Or Persis Khambatta :-"

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT