what do you think of episode 3

anakins revenge

What do you think of episode 3 so far?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of episode 3 so far?

• Im excited i think itll be great
    • Its ok, im lookin forward to it
    • i just want to see heads roll and lots of fighting
    • Its not as good as i wanted
    • It blows

Although, I will say, I bought Attack of the Clones to refresh my memory and if you skip over all the romance (about half the movie) it does play a lot better.

That's what they did (pretty much) with the IMAX Edition. Talk about a movie experience! :D

If ROS is even half as good as the trailer makes it out to be, it will be knocking on ESS as the best Star Wars film. I so want this movie not to suck.

So in other words, it's sci-fi. :-"

I have no problem if people want to use that term for it.

I would say "space fantasy".

Indeed. I'm not sci-fi purist myself. I tend to enjoy fantasy more than I enjoy so-called hard science fiction. So if people want to call space opera 'sci-fi', that's okay with me. It's just a word after all.

But I do think that Star Wars, even among Fantasy, offers an especially simple moral and philosophic universe which has long overstayed its welcome as a dominating force in geek sci-fi/fantasy culture. It neither asks the human and mytho-historical questions that Fantasy has the potential to illuminate and address, nor does it interest itself in all the questions tied to technological and scientific progress which hard science fiction raises. I suppose if there weren't Star Wars, there would just be another generic McDonalds of Sci-Fi/Fantasy to take its place in getting everyone's attention without saying anything particularly interesting, but Star Wars has been so long in the top spot that I'm hoping for a change.

Honest. I've tried to. I forced myself to watch the NT over and over, just as I used to do with the OT. But, unfortunately, no way. I can't stand it. It's too much to take. And the more I try, the more I become an OT integralist.

It's painful to admit, but I'm not really 'excited' about EpIII being released. Just as much as I get when every other notable movies is. Of course I'll go to the movies, and buy the DVD as soon as it's out. My only hope it EpIII is >>>at least<<< as 'decent' as EpII is. EpI, I won't even talk about.

At this point, I just wish the Star Wars franchise would die, completely.  It's absorbing far too much sci-fi/fantasy community creative energy for such a generic and unimaginative universe.

How nice of you. Since it doesn't fulfill your vision of what it should be, you wish it didn't exist. It doesn't really matter that such a huge amount of people enjoy it, not to you. Because as a perfect hedonist, all you care about is you. You sound like the people that started the campaign for Enterprise to be cancelled.

Tell you what, at this point I just take satisfaction from the fact that your "wish" isn't becoming reality anytime soon. :(

All I can say is, the only time Anakin didn't piss me off was in EP4 and above where you don't see his "wanna-punch-in" face, that goes for that damn kid who played him in EP1 too, course you could say it was time for a new dumbass and his merry bunch: Luke, which I'd hardly call an improvement, Hamill was a has-been even before he started acting.

Ok. So... exactly, what's wrong with Christensen and Hamill? Oh, right. You can't really say. You are just another generic hater trying to look cool. Well, sorry but you have failed.

But I do think that Star Wars, even among Fantasy, offers an especially simple moral and philosophic universe which has long overstayed its welcome as a dominating force in geek sci-fi/fantasy culture.  It neither asks the human and mytho-historical questions that Fantasy has the potential to illuminate and address, nor does it interest itself in all the questions tied to technological and scientific progress which hard science fiction raises.

Um, so? That's what SW was meant to be. So far, I haven't seen it advertised as anything else. It's not like you have been deceived. So please tell me who is pointing a gun to your head to like SW so I can report the crime.

There are a great deal of excellent sci-fi works that address deep philosophical, moral, and even political questions, if that's what you seek in entertainment. SW is just not about that.

You are like those whiners in the K2 board bitching about how sucky K2 is. Only at least, they have spent $50, which gives them a reason to moan. So, if you don't like it, why waste your time with it, at all?

Hate is so fashionable these days...:-

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

"http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/starwars"

Damn, I'm being watched. :ph34r:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Baley, wrong thread dammit.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Th hooded guy in the shadows. Fear my geekiness :blink:

kirottu said:

You sound like the people that started the campaign for Enterprise to be cancelled.

Yeah, but Enterprise being cancelled was justified. It was awful. The only episode that I actually watched all the way through was the latest one with the mirror universe thug federation.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this movie. After the 4 months of absolutly nothing I was interested in I now have some movies that I would like to see. And if as someone else said it's all action scenes with only the barest plot it would still be better than EpII. :(

After the 4 months of absolutly nothing

What? You live for SW or what? There has been quite few good movies and tons good games and books released during 4 months.

kirottu said:

After the 4 months of absolutly nothing

What? You live for SW or what? There has been quite few good movies and tons good games and books released during 4 months.

Not mention the massive online rpg known as "life". Too bad my character seems to suffer for some kind of bug that prevents him from doing romance quests. Damn.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I feel your pain. Myself, I failed my saving throw against forum addiction.

kirottu said:

the soundtrack is pretty cool  - "Anakin's Dark Deeds" you can really imagine whats going on there, some sombre stuff sounds like it could be from LOTR.

Actually I found the soundtrack to be rather lackluster and dull. Only a few tracks ("Battle of the Heroes", "Grievous talks to Lord Sidious") are actually worth something. TPM's and the OT soundtracks are much better. Perhaps JW has been finally squeezed dry...

As for the topic itself, I'll reserve my opinion until I watch the movie.

agree. the old soundtracks are much better, with classics such as throne room, imperial march and the binary sunset theme.

Yeah, but Enterprise being cancelled was justified. It was awful. The only episode that I actually watched all the way through was the latest one with the mirror universe thug federation.

Funny. It was justified because you think it was awful. I don't understand the need some people have to shut down things they don't like but that they aren't forced to endure whatsoever. Ah, yes. It's called bigotry. :)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.