Volourn's NWN Module

Volourn

There'll just be more monster models, portraits, weaponry, and armoury available. And, I'll be able to include a rust monster. Hehe. None of that is in the mod now. Before I add CEP; i wanna see who's game... espicially since I was majorily anti CEP before; and I'm just very slightly positve towards it now... It grows on you like fungus..

So, it'll be eaiser to differentiate between npcs, and the like so theya ren't all stuck with the same portrait. <>

I'm all for it; most mods out there have a hak pack (and some have movies and sound files, too), so it makes no nevermind to me.

And Rust monsters are cool, especially if you play a Monk ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Hmm ... 2/2 thus far...

That said, if I do add CEP, it won't be added to chapter 1 until after I finish it.. Then I can just add the stuff I need....

Rust monsters rock! :cool:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

If I know you, it won't be a standard garden variety either, it'll be a less-known Arch-Rustmonster, with its even rarer cousin the psionic permaent-random-ability-score-sucker.

<_<

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Volourn, I find what you're doing now to be somewhat... off.

No idea why, but I feel like it's somehow wrong to have you make mods. You are destined for greater things, mark my words!

EDIT: You can mark my woods too if you want to, but "words" was what I was aiming for. Grammar nazi signing off.

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

Yeah, you know, destinies and all that jazz. There'll bound to be a oracle somewhere.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Dude, he'll think its a hot girl and open no matter what. I doubt people(preachers not qualified) knock much on Volo's door anyway. :shifty:"

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Huh? What's everyone babbling about? Anyways, expect some stuff to be posted this weekend...

Also, note to testers, even thoguh the next version is still a while away, remember to download the new 1.66 patch as it will be required to play the mod...

Some more stuff her to share focused on elves, gnomes, halflings, and humans this time. :x

1. Elven Scroll of Eternal Life

---------------------------------

Description/Background: This beautifully worded scroll was written by the elder elven god, Quarion Siannodel eons before the first elf even stepped foot on Durnla. He wrote in preparation for their coming knowing full well what lay ahead. The scroll's powerful spells can only be used by an elf who understands that it is for the betterment of all elves.

The scroll is one of a set of scrolls knows amongst the race as the Elven Dominance Scrolls. Where the variant scrolls can be found is anyone's guess.

Restrictions: As an elven created artifact, only elves may have nay hope of reading it. Even with the aid of magic, no other race can understand the ancient elven words found on the page. In fact, even attempting to read it may be pushing their luck.

Abilities/Powers: Base Item Weight Reduction 10% of Weight

Cast Spell: Greater Restoration (13) Single Use

Cast Spell: Greater Sanctuary (18) 1 Use/Day

Cast Spell: Heal (11) 1 Use/Day

Cast Spell: Resurrection (13) 1 Use/Day

Cast Spell: Word of Faith (13) 1 Use/Day

Use Limitation: Racial Type: Elf

2. Antithesis

--------------

Description/Background: This bastard sword has a white handle to makr the purity of the human race with the backdrop of the blood the blade is usually dipped in from its many racial victims. The blade itself is cold to the touch, and the weilder always feels the sword feeding on his (or her) energy to fuel its foul powers.

This dark sword is rightly named Antithesis. It reeks of hatred for all that is not human. Cold to the touch, the sword is a threat of eating the soul of any that weilds it for its dark purpose of exterminating any non human race.

It is unknown where, and when and by whom Antithesis was crafted. It is know that the sword has exactly one purpose - to destroy all dwarves, elves, halflings, and gnomes it comes into contact with.

The powers the sword holds within are a symbol of the mad creator's hatred for anything that is different and symbolizes an ancient time when the races were at war with each other that raged across the entire world. The sword was designed to end it in favor of the humans, and permenately.

Restrictions: Antithesis only allows humans to weild it. Only the most evil, corrupt, and hateful humans would ever willingly use such a weapon.

Powers/Abilities: Enhancement Bonus +2

Enhancement Bonus vs. Racial Group: Dwarf +4

Enhancement Bonus vs. Racial Group: Elf +4

Enhancement Bonus vs. Racial Group: Gnome +4

Enhancement Bonus vs. Racial Group: Halfling +4

Immunity: Spell School: Enchantment

On Hit: Slay Racial Group DC=16 Dwarf

On Hit: Slay Racial Group DC=16 Elf

On Hit: Slay Racial Group DC=16 Gnome

On Hit: Slay Racial Group DC=16 Halfling

Use Limitation: Alignment Group: Evil

Use Limitation: Racial Type: Human

Visual Effect: Cold

3. Area Portfolio: Vheargain

--------------------------------

Origins: Gnomes, and halflings have always been the castaway races in tales of the past ever since they found their way to Durnla. One gnome was not too pleased about that so he made it his goal to create a place where all gnomes, and halfings could find solace. He found a hidden cove inbetween a large mountain and a lush forest (purposefully picked to mock the dwarves and elves who likely lived there), and began crafting the current hidden city known as Vheargain.

Founder: The gnome's true name has been lost, and he is now simply known as 'The Savior'. The Savior was a powerful illusionist who weaved multiple spells to make sure that only gnomes, and halflings could easily find the dimunitive races' sanctuary. To date, only three beings of non allowed races have made it to Vheargain - all of them being cermemoniously executed for their trespassing sins in unique, and horrible ways. The Savior has forbidden any gnome or halfling to bring anyone else to the hidden land under pain of death. The Savior eventually married a halfling woman named Selia who tried to calm his more violent tendencies. It has worked to a point; but something foul still exists in The Savior. None in Vheargain know about his back history before the founding of their precious city; but it is much believed that something horrible must of occured. Though the masses of halflings, and gnomes who now make Vheargin their home appreciate The Savior's work; they also are intimidated by his dark side and most avoid his gaze fearing he will choose them for his apprentice which have a history of vansihing within the decade. It is unknown how old The Savior is; but it is most definitely older than any gnome should be. Sadly, Selia had died over 2 centuries ago while The Savior still seems to be in the prime of his life..

Rumours/Myths: The are tales amongst the gnomes, and halfings who once lived in Vheargin that now travel abroad that The Savior isn't who he truly claims to be - the savior of their races. They claim that he is running dark and secretive experiments to create a master race that consists of both the best aspects of gnomes and halflings. Others insist otherwise, and counterclaim that his only goal is to become the first gnomish god. Other, even darker tales, have amde the rounds. No one knows what the truth is...

"The area portfolio sounds ****ing awesome!"

I actually made it shorter than planned. I'll probably detail the Hidden City futher in another post. For example, I'll show how the city runs on a day to day basis, and what not.

"Fixed"

:D

Sounds very cool. I might consider Installing NWN just to play this.

kirottu said:

Just a warning however, that many of things I've shared in this very long thread including the last post won't be in part 1..... So don't be surprised or sadden if you can't insta kill dwarves and elves in ch1, or visit the hidden the gnome and halfling village...

I've no time to get it set up and played. But sounds like a good job of work. Kudos.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Thanks Volo. Keep us updated.

kirottu said:

No. Auto update. 1.66 is the new NWN BIO patch for the game. :)

I mean for your updated stuff and consequential discussion! ;)

(Just curious: what has 1.66 got that the module depends on?)

The area portfolio sounds ****ing awesome!

Seconded. You certainly have built on the great beginning to create something even more special.

Well Done! :D :(

I can't wait to continue the adventure.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT