Transformers Rule

Kaftan Barlast

Heh, I still pick up TF toys. Got a reissue Blitzwing sitting on the desk right now.

And my fave Transformer is probably Grimlock from the old Marvel UK comics.

Oh, War Within is a prequel to Dreamwave's G1 series. It just stops halfway thru the 3rd miniseries coz the company went bust.

No Grimlock because theres no Dinobots, no Scorponok because theres no city sized transformers. I'm guessing the style will be like Alternators.

Ya I know :blink: ...then again in 3 movies they could create the dinobots :)

So if no Scorponok then no Fortress Maximus either :(

If they were going to put in any city sized transformers they'd go with Trypticon and Metroplex before they went with Fortress Maximus and Skorponok.

Favorite TF and the media it comes from: G1 Starscream. Chris Latta's voice and the constant scheming, oh man. Didn't like Armada Starscream because he went all noble.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Favorite transformer again:

transformers2.jpg

Megatron

I never watched the tv-series as a child so everything transformers Ive gotten from the comics. Anyway Megatron is everything a villain should be, I hope they make him really brutal in the film... and let him slaughter heaps of pathetic, squishy humans

Btw, how is your view on the Megatron toy? Its a shame they just took an already existing toy and slapped "transformers" on the box, his robot form is just crap. I wish they could have made him like Shockwave, he was among the most accurate toys ever(and totally sweet and awesome)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

US comics. Crappy luger variant, naturally.

..but arent the US and UK comics the same except the brits did like we swedes did and knock 2 US issues into one?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

US comics. Crappy luger variant, naturally.

..but arent the US and UK comics the same except the brits did like we swedes did and knock 2 US issues into one?

Hmm, kind of. The US comic was monthly, the UK one weekly, so even splitting the US issues in half, the UK boys still had to come up with 2 weeks of original stuff.

There were 80 US comics, but 332 UK ones, along with Annuals and specials. The UK guys did lots of original material that fits in-continuity around the US stories, which as said, they did reprint, chopping the stories up into 2 issues as they did so.

There's more UK stories than US ones. And I personally think the UK comics were better, as you got the same stories as were in the US comics, new UK-only stories, plus back-up strips like GI Joe, Visionairies, Machine Man and sometimes whacked-out stuff like Rocket Raccoon or Hercules. Oh, and they pretended a TF did the letters page, which was actually sometimes pretty funny.

There's a good TF comic FAQ here: http://tfarchive.com/comics/genone/faq/index.php

And coz I'm a sad bastard, G1 Megatron was a Walther P-38, not a Luger. Feeble robot mode on that toy, lookit at that pic <shudders>.

Sorry mate, but the US and UK comics are pretty much the same continuity, the UK ones contain extra material is all. One can choose to ignore the UK stuff and only consider the US comic material canon, if you want I suppose, but seeing as the UK material includes it all anyway - apart from a change to do with the origin of Goldbug and the turning of 'The Big Broadcast of 2006' into a story told by Wreck-Gar, and some of it is in a slightly different order - most people don't bother.

From that Encyclopedia thing:

Most of the events in the US comic also occurred in this continuity. For brevity, they are not mentioned in these articles.

From the Archive:

What are the major differences between the UK and US continuities?

By and large, the UK stories were woven in spaces between the US stories, usually happening in the correct order between US reprints. There are exceptions to this, however. The first 3 UK exclusives were not written to fit into this US continuity [see below]. In TF #113, the first of the stories set after the events of Transformers: The Movie was printed. These future stories were printed in order, just with present day stories in between, aside from "Aspects of Evil" [TF #223-227], which is set far in a possible future. The 'Headmasters' limited series was reprinted in TF #130-145, as it happens more or less parallel with the events of the main run at the time. However, the UK exclusive "Worlds Apart" was printed in TF #130-131, introducing the Headmasters and Targetmasters to UK readers. This story happens at some point during Issue 4 of the 'Headmasters' series, reprinted in UK #142-145. TF #132, "Kup's Story", was set some time after Optimus Prime's team departed in TF #1, but also some time before the commencement of the Headmasters series. "Time Wars" was printed halfway through the US Underbase saga, but the present day parts take place shortly before "Club Con", as clearly shown by the presence of Goldbug, the Dinobots, Hoist, etc. "Prime's Rib" was set in 1995, after the battle with Unicron. The Earthforce stories do not clearly fit into the US continuity, most likely taking place later [see below].

Taken by itself, the US continuity is much clearer. Only "Man of Iron" doesn't clearly fit, as the "Transformers: The Movie" mini-series and "Big Broadcast of 2006" storyline can be chalked down to the kind of possible future stories which appear in any Marvel comics [e.g. the 'Uncanny X-Men' story "Days of Future Past"]. As for "Man of Iron", it can be slipped in the original limited series with similar effort to the way it fits with UK continuity.

There are difrences beetween every continuity(Japan is the strangest)

Let's take Rodimus for example:

Cartoon Bio (US):

During the battle against Unicron, a Quintesson ship carrying several Autobots drove into Unicron by driving through his eye. Hot Rod was thrown out of the disintegrating ship and into Unicron's body. where he happened to stumble across Galvatron holding the Autobot Matrix of Leadership. In the fight that followed, Hot Rod reached for the Matrix and was transformed into Rodimus Prime. Rodimus opened the Matrix and destroyed Unicron.

After this, Rodimus carried the Matrix within him and led the Autobots. In desperation to find out who the Quintessons were, he shorted himself out and retreated into the Matrix, where he uncovered the Transformers' origin: that the Quintessons had created them years ago.

While escaping a Decepticon attack, he and other Autobots came across the funeral barge from the great battle at Autobot City. Amazingly, Optimus Prime was found to be alive,and Rodimus passed the Matrix back to his predecessor. But this turned out to be a Quintesson trap. Rodimus, as Hot Rod, successfully reclaimed the Matrix, with help from Optimus.

Rodimus began to feel the pressures of leadership. Once, after attempting to race a couple of Stunticons, Rodimus lost the Matrix to the Decepticons. Scourge stole the Matrix, and it fell to Hot Rod to realize that it was his destiny to lead, and he reclaimed the Matrix again.

Meanwhile, a crew of Earth scientists found Optimus Prime's body in space, and eventually he was revived by a Quintesson. Rodimus returned the Matrix to Optimus, and reverted to Hot Rod.

Article submitted by Daniel Day.

Japan:

Cartoon Bio (Japan):

By the year 2011, the Cybertrons had defeated the Destrons residing on Earth, Seibertron and Arsenia.

When the Destrons returned via an abandoned spacebridge, a fight started. To make matters worse, the Destrons had new warriors called "Headmasters" and Vector Sigma had grown very unstable. While Hot Rodimus fought alongside his fellow Cybertrons, Convoy travelled to the center of Seibertron to try and stabilize Vector Sigma to prevent it from destroying the planet. All seemed bleak for the Cybertrons until new Headmaster warriors from the planet Master arrived and fought off the Destrons. Hot Rod then went out on a quest with Broadcaster on Earth to find the Matrix, which was supposedly being kept at an abandoned Cybertron base. The duo ended up searching the north pole, but ran into Soundwave, the Predacons and the Stunticons. The ensuing fight seemingly cost the lives of Broadcaster and Soundwave.

Hot Rod returned to Cybertron Headquarters, where he then continued his search with the aid of the Cybertron Headmasters. They found the Matrix but almost lost it to the Destron Headmasters and Galvatron. They then returned to headquarters, where they used the spacebridge to return to Seibertron. They made it to the center of Seibertron just in time, as Convoy and Fortress were fighting off Scourge and Cyclonus. Galvatron and the Destron Headmasters arrived right behind them. The ghost of Alpha Trion, who was following Convoy the whole time, merged with the Matrix. As he did so, Hot Rodimus opened it and became Rodimus Convoy once more. Rodimus and Convoy then teamed up and defeated the Destrons. Convoy then merged with the energies of Vector Sigma in order to stabilize it, and died. Rodimus Convoy then resumed leadership of the Cybertrons.

Later, when the Cybertrons had invented a new metal that would give them an edge in the war, the Destrons made another attack on Seibertron. This time, the Destron Headmasters' mysterious leader Scorponok gave them bombs and ordered them to plant them on Vector Sigma. The Cybertrons were unable to remove the bombs after they were set there by Wipe and had to be evacuated in the Trainbots and Fortress's ship. Galvatron went to the center of Seibertron trying to get the metal and was seemingly killed in the explosion that destroyed Seibertron.

After, the Cybertrons landed on the ruins of their homeworld and said a heartbreaking good-bye, Rodimus Convoy passed leadership to Fortress (although he did not give him the Matrix). Rodimus, Cha, and Blurr then flew off into space to search for a new homeworld for the Cybertrons.

Article submitted by Nick Peron.

And the comics:

Comic Bio (US):

In Rodimus's only canon appearance in the US comic, he was in a parallel universe in which Unicron destroyed Cybertron and Galvatron had captured all of North America. Rodimus only appeared as a corpse, hung up between several poles. Galvatron, in a fit of anger, fired on the lifeless body, screaming "How many times must I kill you?!"

Comic Bio (UK):

Hot Rod became Rodimus Prime, the new Autobot leader, in 2006, when he received the Creation Matrix, using it in the process to destroy Unicron. He travelled back in time on two occasions, once from 2007 to 1987, the other time from 2009 to 1989, looking to return Galvatron to the future. When they fought, Galvatron was always the stronger, and appeared to be totally invulnerable.

After the Time Wars, Rodimus found himself back in a 2009 that was not his own. While he and his companions were trapped here, and again in 2010, Unicron took possession of his mind from within the Matrix and used him to hurt his fellow Autobots. Unicron's essence had been trapped there since they found his head on Junk in 2008.

In 2356 Rodimus grew ill and weak due to Unicron's influence, and in 2510 he was unable to stop a war between the Wreckers and the Technobots.

Article submitted by Martin McVay.

:thumbsup:

How's Galaxy Force Starscream? :thumbsup:

I liked him being noble :">

Galaxy Force Starscream from the first episode(Didn't bother watching any more because the animation is just that bad) seems like a combination of G1 and Armada, with more of a War Within type design. Meaning he looks cool, is as cold, vicious and treacherous as the G1 version, but has the courage and skill of the Armada version. He is probably the best Starscream, but the crappy CG boots him down to 2nd place IMO. If he were exactly the same, only classically animated, he would be the best Starscream.

Toy Version:

http://www.bwtf.com/galaxyforce/starscream/rm9.jpg

Show Version:

http://www.bwtf.com/galaxyforce/starscream/cardfront.jpg

Devastatorsig.jpg

Then just for your information Ill add that The Swedish comics were the US versions with all the specials like "Headmasters" "The Movie" and "G.I Joe vs. Transformers" included in the monthly.. or was that bi-monthly? Ive lost my swedish collection and replaced it with a US one and I see alot of covers I dont remeber but all the stories are there so Im guessing we crammed several US issues into one Swede issue.

Some TF animation can be really, uh, questionable. I liked Superlink, myself, haven't seen and Galaxy Force yet...is it really bad?

The Japanese G1 dubs do my head in. I can't adjust to the characters being called Billy and Philip in the slightest :blink:

There's a couple of guys who do a good job translating the mangas though.

The Archive is a good site to find out info. Also, http://www.seibertron.com/ is good, but then I'm bound to say that. :thumbsup: :D

How bad can the animation be?  :thumbsup: ...Armada and Energon looked pretty good  :)

Hmm...Can the next movie really make humans more important than Energon  :blink: ?

Armada had the standard cheap japanese animation. Overuse of stare-downs and sliding still frames to take up time, and the japanese can't lip sync a character if you put a gun to their head.They're finally starting to get out of that and doing quality animation though. Just look at FLCL for example. Energon had decent classical animation, but the CG transformers were terrible. The models looked pretty good but the animation was horribly stiff. They pretty much threw out the principles of animation. Galaxy Force pretty much did the same thing, only now the faces are screwed up. The CG transformers mixed with the Classical humans and backgrounds just doesn't work. The Humans are dumbasses too, even worse than Armada.

Oh, and just to make something clear because WAAAAAAY too many people confuse the two:

Visual style = what it looks like: character designs/background designs/etc.

Animation = how it moves.

Too many people confuse "animation" with what it looks like.

Devastatorsig.jpg

OK then yeah the Energon animation wasn't that good...then nothing from that show was very good :blink:"

What happend to the BW and BM visuals why did they stop using them :thumbsup: ?

Beast Wars and Beast Machines were done by Mainframe in Vancouver. North American style. Armada, Energon(Superlink), and Cybertron(Galaxy Force) are all Japanese shows dubbed into english. I guess with Hasbro's deal with Takara, it was just cheaper to dub the japanese shows than it was to make a good show like Mattel did with He-Man.

Devastatorsig.jpg

So is Galaxy Force airing outside Japan :thumbsup: ?

Once Energon is over Cartoon Network will start airing it as Transformers: Cybertron. Probably due to the fact that Cybertron is destroyed in the first episode. (Not really a spoiler if it happens in the first episode and the title of the ep is "Cybertron, our home, destroyed!")

Devastatorsig.jpg

Yup He-Man was nice...tho the end was way too educational and stuff...Yeah I want to learn from cartoons :)"

Mumm-Ra and skeletor never win :) ...even Megatron won on ocassion

Which makes Megatron the best :blink:  :)

God I hate Flood Control....

Anyway, yeah, thank goodness for Beast Wars introducing the concept of the villain winning every once in a while. Too bad he surrounded himself with incompetents. Only Rampage, Tarantulas, and Black Arachnia weren't complete morons, and two of those were treacherous.

All the smart decepticons are treacherous :)" :)

Can a Decepticon trully become an Autobote and vice-versa :thumbsup: ?

Yup He-Man was nice...tho the end was way too educational and stuff...Yeah I want to learn from cartoons :p"

Mumm-Ra and skeletor never win :) ...even Megatron won on ocassion

Which makes Megatron the best :(  :)

God I hate Flood Control....

Anyway, yeah, thank goodness for Beast Wars introducing the concept of the villain winning every once in a while. Too bad he surrounded himself with incompetents. Only Rampage, Tarantulas, and Black Arachnia weren't complete morons, and two of those were treacherous.

All the smart decepticons are treacherous :)" :)

Can a Decepticon trully become an Autobote and vice-versa :- ?

Technically no, I don't think so. Autobots were built as consumer goods, while Decepticons were built as military hardware, so because they have different construction, no, not truly, but they can fight for the other side if they're reprogrammed or conciously change sides. They aren't just warring factions though, they're separate races.

Devastatorsig.jpg