Transformers Rule

Kaftan Barlast

Its a wellknown fact that the average hollywood film producers idea of a good film is completely different from the people who watch them :(

They also said it was hard to write for because nothing came before and trying to write a movie based on a toy line is hard when it comes to character work. This baffled me because of the 3 seasons of G1 cartoon, Armada, RiD, Energon, etc., several comic series, and a movie came before. Which they then go on to say they're fans of

They lied not to piss off the fans. If they told the truth that noone really gets the point of Transformers and dont really care as long as it draws cash and reignites the toy franchise, there wouldnt be any hoards of TransFans lining up outside the theatre to catch the premiere and create much needed buzz. It sounds to me like theyre using the old standard kids movie recipe with the whole "boy and robot" thing. Like how they always **** adaptions up by forcing in classic holywood concepts that doesnt belong but that the producers think will "make it accessible to the general public" <_<

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Its a wellknown fact that the average hollywood film producers idea of a good film is completely different from the people who watch them :huh:

They also said it was hard to write for because nothing came before and trying to write a movie based on a toy line is hard when it comes to character work. This baffled me because of the 3 seasons of G1 cartoon, Armada, RiD, Energon, etc., several comic series, and a movie came before. Which they then go on to say they're fans of

They lied not to piss off the fans. If they told the truth that noone really gets the point of Transformers and dont really care as long as it draws cash and reignites the toy franchise, there wouldnt be any hoards of TransFans lining up outside the theatre to catch the premiere and create much needed buzz. It sounds to me like theyre using the old standard kids movie recipe with the whole "boy and robot" thing. Like how they always **** adaptions up by forcing in classic holywood concepts that doesnt belong but that the producers think will "make it accessible to the general public" <_<

Don Murphy seems to be the only person involved who cares at all what the fans think of the movie. He's been trying to go over our posts on his boards and try to come up with the top 5 things that fans want in the movie and push for those, but he has a lot of people against him. So far the top 5 seems to be:

1: Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime and possibly Ironhide if he's added

2: Frank Welker as Megatron, Soundwave, Rumble, and Ravage.

3: Replace Arcee with either Ironhide or Prowl.

4: Focus on the Transformers not the humans.

5: Show battles on Cybertron with throwaway cameo shots of unincluded characters at least once in the film.

He's pretty much told us that #4 we probably won't get, as they'd have to completely redo the story but the focus is something like 55/45 Human/TF, so its not too bad and he's pushing for the rest. Tom DeSanto is pushing for celebrity voices for all the TFs whether they make sense or not because he obviously doesn't realize exactly how big the TF fanbase really is. The Dreamwave TF comic issue #1 was the fastest selling issue of all time. It sold out in a matter of hours.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg