Anyone speak German???

what the hell ;) how the hell are we english speaking people surpose to read that?

we non german speakers could be missing out on some interesting info about KOTOR III, can some who can speak german translate it into english please.

It's nothing really, just an old rumour...

It says Obsidian will develope KOTOR III, it will use the Unreal 3 engine and will most likely be a xbox 2 game...

They use another german site as source. The site reported about this: http://www.obsidianent.com/jobs/ , but doesn't really say anything meaningful about KOTOR 3. They thought it could be for a new KOTOR, but have no information.

I think one of the developers already mentioned that these job offers have nothing to do with KOTOR.

The site you linked to, misquoted another german site, which thought about the possibilities of a new KOTOR, that's all.

If all the English gaming sites have to offer is empty rumours with no basis whatsoever in fact, why should the latest tidbit appearing in German be expected to contain genuine useful information?

The linked article is an article which itself not even containing allegations of rumours with a basis in fact, links to another article which, similarly, while containing not even rumours with alleged basis in fact, speculates that maybe, if it is the case that Obsidian is hiring Unreal engine coders, we should take this to mean they're developing KotOR III, despite this being a gigantic leap to virtually baseless judgment, as it is.

Yay.

At least we could hope for one of these "well, I talked to somebody, who knows somebody, who says..." articles. This is a link to a link to an article that doesn't claim to know anything. Heh.

a couple of things:

* the article refers to the E3 gaming show....we should get something definitive there....if KOTOR III is not *mentioned* at E3, we are not going to see it anytime soon.

* Obsidian is developing a next-gen RPG engine (based off the Unreal 3 engine).

Even if Obsidian does not do KOTOR III themselves, it could well be their RPG engine that gets used.

guess we'll have to wait and see.

Well, I tried to translate the source text, which is referred to in the article which the link leads to. (But it's probably not a very good translation, with mistakes in my English, as I don't have much time now, and no dictionary with me.)

The source text is here: (homepage of a popular German games magazine)

http://www.gamestar.de/news/pc-spiele/rollenspiele/24697/

OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT

New game with unreal-engine3?

The most recent job offers at Obsidian Entertainment (KotOR2) give reasons for new speculations. The developer [i.e. Obs.Ent.] is searching numerous programmers, graphic designers and designers for a not specified RPG, that's supposed to be based on an Unreal Engine. So far, Obsidian is officially only working on Neverwinter Nights 2, which is scheduled to be realeased next year. But Obsidian has been working on NWN2 for a long time now, so it's doubtful, whether there are new gameplay-programmers, systems-designers and leading char-modellers needed for this project. Should the US-developers be working on a new game, the old Unreal 2 technology will probably not be used, but rather the new Unreal Engine 3.

Of course we don't know, if there's thought about a new Knights of the Old Republic. But it would be surprising after the success of the first two games, if the RPG series wasn't extended to a trilogy.

The first article (consolewars) says in the last sentence that dates, pictures and further information cannot/should not be expected before the E3.

The most recent job offers at Obsidian Entertainment (KotOR2) give reasons for new speculations.

And the speculation ends, as OE announced Project Jersey...

And that will be the user of said Unreal Engine...

(That topic must be real old, since the announcement is around pretty long, maybe even before the Jobs...)

Well, I tried to translate the source text, which is referred to in the article which the link leads to.  (But it's probably not a very good translation, with mistakes in my English, as I don't have much time now, and no dictionary with me.)

thanks, that was quite good enough. Basically, that means that Hedgehog's rumor is the most current and that is: yes, it is still planned, but Obsidian is no longer the developer and we should get at least an announcement at E3.

Wanna bet the developer is EA Games? If anybody can "crank out" a halfway decent game in a short amount of time, it would be them. And this is a pretty "safe bet" kind of project where you could justify allocating alot of resources (if you are established enough to have the resources).

Wanna bet the developer is EA Games?

If you talk about (publisher) Project New Jersey: Maybe

If you're talking about KOTOR3 (publisher): No, IMPOSSIBLE

As far as I know, LA has the ONLY rights to make SW games, and ANY SW game has as publisher LA, and EA as a devolper, can't see them do that (and they can't do that to us!!!)

If you're talking about KOTOR3 (publisher): No, IMPOSSIBLE

As far as I know, LA has the ONLY rights to make SW games, and ANY SW game has as publisher LA, and EA as a devolper, can't see them do that (and they can't do that to us!!!)

Why not? LA as the publisher and EA as the developer? Hey, look, that is not my first choice either but it seems like just the kind of perverse situation that LA might have to go with.

Why not?  LA as the publisher and EA as the developer?  Hey, look, that is not my first choice either but it seems like just the kind of perverse situation that LA might have to go with.

1) Ea sucks with making games, sticking all developer teams together to make crappy games as fast as possible (my opinion)

2) EA and LA are concurrents, heavy ones, it's like MS and Sony creating a Console together...

3) EA has no skill with RPG's (none that I know of), they shall be looking for people who know how to create RPG's

If EA creates KOTOR3, that will be the end of the KOTOR-line, and a damn crappy end it will be

im not familiar with engines....can anyone post a definition or anything that may be useful for someone thats looking to expand their gaming knowledge? thankyou in advance.

Unreal 3 Technolgy information

Epic (U3 engine) and Microsoft made a Agreement that most X-Box2 games use the U3 engine

There is also a tech demo from previous E3 you might find somewhere on the net...

The only cool games EA made are Need for Speed: Underground 1 and 2 and Burnout 3 for Xbox. The rest pretty much sucks...

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

The only cool games EA made are Need for Speed: Underground 1 and 2

Can't say I agree, but everybody their taste, isn't it...

But it looks like EA is only interested in RTS (C&C RA3), Race (NFS: Most Wanted) and FPS (Battlefield 2) and ofcourse The Sims...

I can't see RPG in there, do you?

If they DEVELOP (don't say publish) a RPG it won't be anywhere NEAR Bio or OE quality...

(Due to lack of Experience, skill and time (and maybe yet some more))