Don't get too obsessed with Star Wars

I wouldn't say that I'm a die-hard fan of Star Wars, but I do enjoy having pointless and long discussions about how SWU tech would have evolved with my friends...too bad I can't write worth a blank, or I could start one up here...and bore everyone to death... :D

I'm a die hard fan. But, I wouldn't queue up to see the film. I'm happy to wait a day or 7 and go see it then.

Man I still remember I was even planning on flying the concord over the watch Episode 1 at the world premier in New York.

Sure glad I thought twice about that. Sheesh -- can you imagine?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

"Zoo Elephant to Be Put on Treadmill"....wow :p

Yeah, it's cruel. They should install a pool.

Did you see the next article? You gotta wonder about those parties: I for one wouldn't want to eat the finger food ...

Police raided the Boise bar Monday night for violating the city's nudity ordinance, which requires that dancers wear at least pasties and a thong unless they are engaging in a performance with "serious artistic merit."

:p :D

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I am keen to see the new film. Bought my tickets yesterday to see the film on the 20th (in New Zealand so the 19th for the States).

Was very disappointed with the second film, seemed very shallow and since we grew up with most of the actors in the film on New Zealand TV their accents weren't very exotic for us.

I refused to buy the Original Trilogy on DVD because IMHO it was not "Original". It was the remastering of the remastered versions, which blew as far as I am concerned. I still have the true originals on Video.

My friend claimed I was not much of a Star Wars fan(atic) for these traitorous thoughts and jsut about died when I said I didn't think I would bother with Ep III after seeing Attact of the Clones. I didn't!!!

But after seeing the trailers I am so looking forward to seeing it. The only thing that is stopping me from going to the Midnight showing is the fact that I have to work on the Thursday and my wife wants to go as well (but not at midnight)

While I think that it might be a bit much for someone to queue for ages for tickets, some people are just wired that way and don't need to worry about the things that we value, such as holding down a job and relationships. But some might say the same about people who submit to message boards as well... Hmmmm.

"If the film is not playing at the Chinese ... I have zero desire to see it at all," wrote "Obi Geewhyen" at the fan Web site Liningup.net. "I'm in it for the lineup only and don't give a darn about the conclusion of this lackluster, so-called 'Star Wars' series." wtf?!

Waiting in lines for hours and being packed into a theater with hundred of SW fanatics salivating over the latest movie isn't really my idea of a good time.

Sure I like SW but I can wait until the theaters aren't so packed. That will allow me to enjoy the movie(hopefully) in some amount of peace. One thing I miss about living in KOrea is no one really cares that much about SW so I could find tickets on opening day and stroll in and watch the movie in peace with a few friends.

"If the film is not playing at the Chinese ... I have zero desire to see it at all," wrote "Obi Geewhyen" at the fan Web site Liningup.net. "I'm in it for the lineup only and don't give a darn about the conclusion of this lackluster, so-called 'Star Wars' series." wtf?!

It's a misquote:

"If you want a quote for your news buletin ... I have every desire to be famous for saying something stupid enough for you to mention my name," wrote "Obi Geewhyen" at the fan Web site Liningup.net. "I'm in it for the egomania only and don't give a darn about the idiocy of my lackluster, so-called 'Geek' brain."

:thumbsup:"

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT