Talk with foreigner

Finger of Death

why is that like a video game? :ermm:

it's just a way of counting, and there's a bunch of old systems .. and "snes" (which means "a bit" in danish) just happened to be the one we used..

Fortune favors the bald.

snes.jpg

I still get the "wow!" feeling when I see the controller.

p.s

Is "negroid" a disparaging term?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

snes.jpg

Yep, the bold design and voluptous curves of the SNES were deemed to advanced for the fragile minds of US citizens. You instead recieved this ugly, albeit more traditional replacement.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

p.s

I believe so. I think it comes from the 19th century pseudo-scientists who were trying to classify the 'races' in order to show that whites were superior. If I'm right, then black people would probably see it as disparaging.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I just hate it when the whole "racial slur" problem get's outta hand ..

I mean when it becomes insulting to adress someone by their nationality you know it has gone too far! :lol:

Fortune favors the bald.

The problem is that whatever word the use instead, will come to be considered "non-pc" in just a small matter of time because the real issue is in the general public opinion. Todays scientific term may be tomorrows ***-word.

Take "Japs" for instance., its just a brevity for "Japanese" and yet its commonly considered offensive. We're experts on being PC in Sweden, we change the term for "immigrant" every 10 years or so.

We should all just stop marking specific words and look to the context instead.

The problem is that whatever word the use instead, will come to be considered "non-pc" in just a small matter of time because the real issue is in the general public opinion. Todays scientific term may be tomorrows ***-word.

Fine by me. Attitudes and language change over time. That's probably a good thing.

Take "Japs" for instance., its just a brevity for "Japanese" and yet its commonly considered offensive. We're experts on being PC in Sweden, we change the term for "immigrant" every 10 years or so.

Well, 'Japanese' seems to be fairly stable, so it's best just to use that. A Japanese person might be able to explain better why 'Jap' is considered offensive. A friend once explained it to me, but I can't remember offhand.

We should all just stop marking specific words and look to the context instead.

All words come with baggage attached, even where it's largely been forgotten. That is also part of the context of their use.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I started taking French in 9th grade here in the US, and stopped last year, so I'm pretty proficient at it.

If left to myself, I'm pretty sure that I can talk my way through France (although I have to mention that 90% of French people know English, which defeats the purpose of learning French :huh: )

Hehe,only one day many friends reply my topic.

You can talk you our language with you country friend,but I ... ...

I really want study German,tell me it is hard to learn or not.

If I tell you I'm good

You would probably think I'm boasting

If I tell you I'm no good

You know I'm lying

---Bruce Lee

Hehe,only one day many friends reply my topic.

You can talk you our language with you country friend,but I ... ...

I really want study German,tell me it is hard to learn or not.

when you learn German, in another country, it's very important to learn the system first .. since it will be very different from yours! then you learn to pronounce and form more advanced sentences, using the rules you learned to death earlier..

that's how we do it here, and we are neighbours to Germany .. so you probably have to do it a little harder.. :-

Fortune favors the bald.

p.s

I believe so. I think it comes from the 19th century pseudo-scientists who were trying to classify the 'races' in order to show that whites were superior. If I'm right, then black people would probably see it as disparaging.

I wonder, though. Whenever you see US police dramas, they say things like "I have a caucasian male heading south on 23rd Street!", but you never hear the counterpart "I have a negro male heading south on 23rd street!"

Assuming that real police officers actually say the first statement, do they use the second, or something more PC instead?

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Americans are uneducated bastards.

Speak for yourself.

Darque, it's true, my Vocabulary book for ENGLISH this last year, had improper definitions for words they were trying to teach you. They've been dumbing down the materials and system for the lowest common denominator for quite some time now.

Americans are uneducated bastards.

Speak for yourself.

Darque, it's true, my Vocabulary book for ENGLISH this last year, had improper definitions for words they were trying to teach you. They've been dumbing down the materials and system for the lowest common denominator for quite some time now.

That's because they are trying to dumb down all americans to the same level as George W. Bush :-

p.s

I wonder, though. Whenever you see US police dramas, they say things like "I have a caucasian male heading south on 23rd Street!", but you never hear the counterpart "I have a negro male heading south on 23rd street!"

Assuming that real police officers actually say the first statement, do they use the second, or something more PC instead?

Its PC to call a Caucasian a caucasian because no-one cares. We are what we are. You get burrs under your skin about race when somone uses yours in a negitive light... like over the course of 400 years of Discrimination.

Cops do call Caucasians Caucasian, and Black people "African Americans" (In North America, Even in Canada).

Its PC to call a Caucasian a caucasian because no-one cares. We are what we are. You get burrs under your skin about race when somone uses yours in a negitive light... like over the course of 400 years of Discrimination.

Cops do call Caucasians Caucasian, and Black people "African Americans" (In North America, Even in Canada).

I've never really understood why black people are called african americans. Sure, their great great ancestors were from africa, but black people living in america are americans, and as far as I've understood, saying that a black person is black isn't politically incorrect (BTW is Negroe politically incorrect?) You might as well call white americans "european americans," cause their great ancestors were european. If you wanna get even more picky you could say enlish-american or dutch-american or swedish-american etc.

OT: I went to an english and then an american school from the age of 6, and then I started french in 7th grade I think, but I've forgotten most of it..

p.s

As long as they don't call us "pinkies" I'm cool with that..

Political correctness is the devil, in my opinion. I'm glad it's very limited here.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

My ex girlfriend was an anarchosyndicalist radical feminist, it was horrible sometimes. I couldnt say anything.

Then I met this girl who was just normal but was very "nice". It was also horrid, I went with her on a dinner and there was this band of mentally challenged..aw, retards playing. I was ready to explode with laughter but I couldnt so I had to hold it in for an hour then I had to excuse myself and evacuate because I couldnt take it anymore. As soon as I got outside I burst into a solid 5 minute attack of nonstop hysterical laughter.