Talk with foreigner

Finger of Death

Hehe,only one day many friends reply my topic.

You can talk you our language with you country friend,but I ... ...

I really want study German,tell me it is hard to learn or not.

English speakers tend to rank German as the hardest of the four European languages commonly studied in the UK, followed by French, Italian, and the easiest, Spanish. This may not be the same for a native Chinese-speaker. But the advantage of Spanish is that it's written the same way it sounds. I've never studied German, but I've hard that people have trouble with long compound words.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I started taking French in 9th grade here in the US, and stopped last year, so I'm pretty proficient at it.

(w00t) You only start learning a second language in the 9th grade ;)

Or 8th, depending on your school. Or you could start whenever, I have a cousin that started Spanish in the 2nd grade, it really depends on your school. Primarily private schools begin foreign language instruction early and public schools late, although I'm sure there are exceptions.

Well, it was too long to write "various people with mental and physical disabilities ranging from mild cases of downs syndrome to ..other disabilities".

And it was hillarious. I guess you must have seen it to understand.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I think that was more common courtesy than being political correct, it's not like we would just laugh it up in their faces here because we're not P.C, Danes aren't that cruel. ;)

As for your ex... I wouldn't have been able to cope, of that I'm sure.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Here,they're actualy trying to teach English in kindergardens ;)"

Oh dear, the globalisation juggernaut strikes again. I'll bet there are lots of British and American publishers lining up to sell expensive textbooks to every school.

Is English actually useful in Romania? I mean for getting a job or in working life, not just for understanding computer games.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Oh dear, the globalisation juggernaut strikes again. I'll bet there are lots of British and American publishers lining up to sell expensive textbooks to every school.

Well yes an English Textbook is pretty expensive. Almost all of them are British.

Is English actually useful in Romania? I mean for getting a job or in working life, not just for understanding computer games.

That depends on the profession.But for a well paid job a foreing language and basic computer skills is a must. :)

Me,I just learned English for Cartoon Network ;)

not sure about public schools (let's just say they're pretty bad over here), but in most of the private schools they start teaching english at the 4th grade. They're also teaching german in the 8th grade in the school i studied, but it's a german school, so it's not the rule.

Political correctness is the devil, in my opinion. I'm glad it's very limited here.

limited here?? where do you live in Denmark?

we've changed the word immigrant to "guest worker" and then to "new danish" .. it's considered very unpolite to say "turkish" to someone from Turkey .. we even have very detailed laws against various kinds of discrimination .. I mean if we aren't the land of political correctness (gone too far?) I don't know where that is! (and don't even want to)

and I think this is a bad thing .. you don't make something go away simply by inventing new words.. that's just avoiding the issue!

it's become unpolite to even talk about immigrants .. and people will call you a racist for even bringing up the subject (tried that several times)!

ghettos are forming in Denmark, but everyone is so afraid to talk about that nothing is really being done ..

Fortune favors the bald.

I can't relate at all to what you're describing mate, I've never felt this kind of political correctness where I grew up (Niv

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

hmm ...

everyone I know feels the pretty much the same way .. But then most I know live in Jylland (along with me), so maybe it's more widespread here, due to the lesser concentration of immigrants ..

but the few people I know from Sj

Fortune favors the bald.

Well here (Northern Zealand) the concentration is pretty heavy, to say the least. I can only speak for myself, of course, but up here it doesn't seem very P.C at all.

But you're probably also right in the regards that we connect more easy with likeminded folks, but the trend here is obvious to me.

Jeg stemte p

DENMARK!

I don't think the immigration to Denmark is a problem .. and I think DF is too extreme .. and their policies only hurt us in the long run, sure it's bad that the elders aren't being taken properly care of, and that should be corrected! but if we start paying much more to them in pensions and also cut taxes (and then take the money from education and young people), then we will face an ever bigger crisis in 10-20 years!

plus we need the "input" of foreigners .. without them our economy will collapse due to the fact that we won't be enough people paying for everything!

but I'm SF .. not Radikal .. don't worry! :huh:

Fortune favors the bald.

Ive mentioned this before but there is a rather delicate problem in the swedish countryside that is forcefully quiteted down, its is complete and utter taboo due to PC-ism.

One of my bests friends dad is senior physician of the maternal ward(unsure if thats proper translation) of the regional hospital. Anyway its quite apparent that the bulk of childbirths are from families of the "redneck variety", they get more children than other families and at a very young age. This causing problems of all kinds, most noticeably in the schools.

But its a silent law not to talk about it because its associated with nazi doctrine.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Well it all depends on the individual situation I guess, family influence, the surroundings and the situations of the place you live and grow up. If you'd been experienced the things I have, and vice versa, we might look at things completely different. ;)

I'd seen enough to know there was a problem that needed fixing ASAP, and to that extent I think the damage is now under control, hence I could now cast my vote on a less 'extreme' political party. (voted Venstre this time around, come to think of it, I only know 3-4 people who voted left of the center, family included)

Also, I went to high school in Northern Zealands most 'Borgerlige' private high school along with the Prime Ministers daughter, so it might have influenced me a bit as well. :huh:

To be fair though, I could easily see myself vote on a leftish party in the future, provided that pissants like the Radicals don't get to have any say, imho they would ruin this country, but I have no problem with the SF or the Social Democrats.

DENMARK!

Ive mentioned this before but there is a rather delicate problem in the swedish countryside that is forcefully quiteted down, its is complete and utter taboo due to PC-ism.

One of my bests friends dad is senior physician of the maternal ward(unsure if thats proper translation) of the regional hospital. Anyway its quite apparent that the bulk of childbirths are from families of the "redneck variety", they get more children than other families and at a very young age. This causing problems of all kinds, most noticeably in the schools.

But its a silent law not to talk about it because its associated with nazi doctrine.

I didn't know this, but you prove my point somewhat, from my point of view Sweden suffers under these unspoken rules, this correctness that seems to be everywhere because it's just the way to do it, and if you don't think so, you're a racist/nazi/whatever.

DENMARK!

Hehe,only one day many friends reply my topic.

You can talk you our language with you country friend,but I ... ...

I really want study German,tell me it is hard to learn or not.

when you learn German, in another country, it's very important to learn the system first .. since it will be very different from yours! then you learn to pronounce and form more advanced sentences, using the rules you learned to death earlier..

that's how we do it here, and we are neighbours to Germany .. so you probably have to do it a little harder.. :thumbsup:

Chinese is hardest language in the world and I can't do well.

I hear many many of German language so it is not too hard for me.

I speak English is good than you,can you believe?Hehe.

If I tell you I'm good

You would probably think I'm boasting

If I tell you I'm no good

You know I'm lying

---Bruce Lee

In Korea students learn English from elementary school. English continues into highschool and college.

At the beginning of middle school Korean students begin learning the traditional Chinese characters. Koreans have their own system of phonetic alphabet, very easy to learn, but we learn the Chinese characters anyway because around 60 percent of Korean words are Chinese in origin, although they are pronounced differently and written in our own alphabet.

Starting highschool students must choose to learn a second foreign language, either french, german, japanese or chinese. There are probably more to choose from according to what highschool you attend.

The result? Most Koreans are familiar with the English language but can't speak or write fluently. They can read with a certain amount of comprehension and their knowledge of english grammer surpasses that of most Americans since most english is taught through complex grammer formulas and reading comprehension rather than verbal communication and listening. They literally memorize grammer formulas like mathematical functions. Most young students currently attend extra english classes outside of school which focus on talking and listening so the number of children with a good understanding of English is slowly increasing.

Koreans also have a pretty good feel for the traditional Chinese characters as well. There is a lot more interest in Chinese since China starting emerging as a major economic and political power. They can read the traditional characters pronouncing them using the Korean phonetic system. They can't speak Mandarin or Cantonese, but can communicate with Chinese using the written word.

The second foreign language, no one really pays much attention to. So most students can just say, "I like you!" "I will have the meat." "My job is a doctor." Just the basics.

If this sounds like a lot of work for you it is. When I moved to Korea during middle school I had a horrible time catching up on the Chinese characters. I couldn't even speak Korean well at the time. It was pretty much hell.

The Korean education system, it's where you do so much work you never learn anything.