KOTOR 3: Sanctioned Good Ideas 1/3

There are few things that I feel should be changed, and a few that I'd like to be changed.

1. Different PC races. I'd like to be able to play as other races, particularly Zabrak.

2. New PC. Some of you may hate this idea, but in the DnD system, any character above lv. 25 is unchalangable. I would like to a character that hasn't lost force ability and is slowly regaining it though, I'd prefer a character learning for the first time, with an honest backstory.

3. I'd love it if you could switch between single and double blade whilst using a double bladed sabre.

4. Small balancing issue, two weapon fighting is overpowered, almost no-one uses 1 lightsabre, which is not really consistent with the SW universe.

5. I'd like it if there was more than one city per planet, with the ability to travel between them, much like Onderon/Dxun.

6. I'd love to be able to choose PCs, from a much larger pool. For example, I'd love about 25 NPC allies, but only 9 of them can party with you.

7. The only characters I'd like to see returning as playable are T3 and HK.

8. Small suggestion for Revan involvement, maybe see him on a council, or fight under his direction in a battle e.g. following orders.

9. I'd also love a system whereby missed and randomly deflected blaster bolts can hit and hurt people. If a party member fires at an adversary with whom you are toe-to-toe, I'd like to occasionally see them missing and hitting you.

10. Small personal thing, I'd also love an "Honourable Villan"

Any comments?

i like some of your ideas but i'm all revan returning as the pc. as someone once told me rules are ment to be broken

i think the odds of us playing either revan and/exile are bout the same as a new pc. if you listen kreia nearly the brginning of tsl she says after the jedi civil war there was less then 100 jedi lefted in the galaxy. the rest had switch off their lightsabers along ago.

i think the odds of us playing either revan and/exile are bout the same as a new pc. if you listen kreia nearly the brginning of tsl she says after the jedi civil war there was less then 100 jedi lefted in the galaxy. the rest had switch off their lightsabers along ago.

all that means is that we will not start off as a padawan with a lightsaber...we will start off as another "late bloomer" Force Sensitive and wait 10 or more hours before we have our lightsaber.

all that means is that we will not start off as a padawan with a lightsaber...we will start off as another "late bloomer" Force Sensitive and wait 10 or more hours before we have our lightsaber.

possibly but i still hold out hope even be it slim hope:)

I think I know why they delted this option.

1. Many times when you come to E.H. something happens. For example on Naar Shadda when the red eclipse guys come. You can see them already in front of the E.H.

2. To make the game longer :thumbsup:

3. To be more realistic??? Nah :devil:

1. Many times when you come to E.H. something happens. For example on Naar Shadda when the red eclipse guys come. You can see them already in front of the E.H.

2. To make the game longer :shifty:

3. To be more realistic??? Nah :blink:

Id say the other reason was to remove the instant party heal the "return to EH" created as well.

2. To make the game longer :p

3. To be more realistic??? Nah :)

Id say the other reason was to remove the instant party heal the "return to EH" created as well.

Well, I really don't mind NOT having the "return to EB" option. What I would like is a way to move to every area through a transport of some kind like on Telos. If they make the game areas bigger, then this would be a "requirement" for those who don't like to "run around".

The only problem I see with this way of moving through the game is that, you may miss an important event if you don't pass through a certain place at a certain time.

Any suggestions?

My Revised KotOR3 idea :thumbsup:

*Please note, I will refer to Revan and Exile as Male LS as thats what original 2 stories written as thus far (this doesnt mean Obsidian wouldnt add in the options of darkside and female Revan/Exile*

Following is opening Film

K3 should start off with a Exile leaving Malachor. (where part two ends off).

On board would be Exile, Mira (picked up at entrance of academy), Visas, Handmaiden, T3 (picked up at entrance of academy just as Kreia stated in part 2), HK, Mandalore, Bao.

*please note: Go-To and Remote were destroyed when planet blew up*

You set course to Telos Academy

*obvious choice because thats where you last saw Bastila/Carth as well as left Atris (if you spared her) in the Telos Academy.

Second Opening Film

You land at Academy and 2nd film starts where Carth/Bastila also land to join you and your group. (they have gathered the Alive characters from KotOR1 with them)

You all gather in the Anti chamber to discuss what has happened and what direction you go from here and what to do with Artis.

Bastila and Carth push for you to go find and aide Revan at this point (which explains why they gathered the party members from group one)

Interactive choices start here with cut screen movies for open discussion.

This is where you choose your party.

Mandatory party members should be :

1) The Exile (obviously)

2) Bastila (as she has the most interest in Revan)

3) T3 (as he knows where Revan was the most recently even though you cant get the info quite yet)

4) HK (he is needed for the HK factory Quest that wasnt finished in Part 2)

5) Mandalore (as his quest of rejoining Clans not yet finished and needed for ending)

6,7,:blink: Are made up from the remaining Party members (that you choose) from both KotOR1 and 2.

*please note: because of the large selection of NPCs, Obsidian could actually increase party size to 10 players*

* You decide on what action should be taken regarding Atris (if alive still)*

* Conversation leads you to belive you need to access the old Star Forge Maps from Part 1 to gather information on where and What Revan knows and went (this is the key in to finalizing storylines on those worlds*

*conversation leads you to think information could be gathered from the Jedi Archives that remain on Corrusant (as this the most asked for new location/planet)*

* you decide what and where each NPC not grouped is to go and what they are to do (giving a form of finalization for them but for true finalization you must replay game with them in party)*

Main part of game ( the guts and action)

You then should have to find clues as to where Revan went (which would make up the main story filler and have you visit different planets, each planet visited leads to a new clue to follow progressing the storyline).

You should also have to goto and finish the HK factory that was left unfullfilled in KotOR2.

You should also have to take Mandalore to Mandalore and finish off his storyline of remaking and reforming the lost clans of the Mandalorians.

During this time (during the travels)

-the Exile will be forced to choose his direction regarding NPCs (IE: is he with no one, with Visas, with Handmaiden, with Mira, does he try to be with all causing much jealousy and infighting, ect)

-Learns more about the characters, their pasts, their goals

-fixes T3 (as in part 2) to get more clues on where Revan ended up at before sending T3 back to him

Please note: left out is actual interaction and Villan(s) as Obsidian far better writers then any of us will ever be so that stuff up to them :shifty:

The Ending

-The end should be you finally meet up with Revan ( MALE , him and Bastila bump ugly! (joking, sorta)

-Then you and Revan head off for the Epic Conclusion against the real sith.

-This could either be a 2 person final battle like on the academy in part 2;

-Or a Republic vrs sith War sceen like in part 1 with the Mandalorians helping the Republic) *this is where Mandalore reforming the clans comes in*

Final movie

Should be something along the lines of you setting up a new council and outposts for each NPC (from party selection in parts 1 and 2) and rebuilding the Jedi order! Epic style movies like in part 1 but with interactive choices on who goes where and does what!

The other component for Part 3 should be the love stories! Not sure about anyone else but I was trying to make moves on Handmaiden, Visas, AND Mira in part 2 and would love to see how that plays out! (far as I can tell I succeeded with Handmaiden and Visas and have Mira seriously thinking about it, talk about a conbustable situation, hehe!)

Please Note: This is a HUGE game, a good 2 to 3 times the size and content of either part 1 or 2. I feel for a fitting conclusion KotOR3 should be like this. Epic in every way and fashion. A fitting end to the series.

PPS: As stated at the top, this is written for a LS Male Exile/Revan as thats how the main story of both previous games has been written. However I tried (and succeeded I think) to make the ideas generic enough that changing over to a DS or female Exile/Revan should be pretty obvious and not really effect the game play any more then the switching to Female or DS did in the original two games.

I think a lot of people are overlooking something with regards to KotOR3.

Everybody seems to want either Revan or the Exile (or both) back, and I tend to agree.

Where I don't agree is when they conclude that to mean that you must begin as either of these characters.

Come on, people - finding out just what happened to Revan and the Exile in the unknown regions is why we'll all be playing the game, if it's ever developed. It's a mystery. And more importantly, it's a selling point: "Find out what happened to your favorite characters - buy KotOR3 today!"

It's a strength, and whoever gets to develop KotOR3 would be fools not to mine it. I see a lot of interesting plot potential in leaving the fates of these heroes as mysteries for the player to solve.

But of course, that means you must begin the game as someone else, and that's why I support a padawan as a new main character - not to replace Revan or the Exile, but to find them and find out what happened to them, then join forces with them.

Besides, Revan and the Exile are both powerful characters now. I really, *really* don't want to play another jedi who conveniently (there's that word again...) lost his jedi oomph...

If I must begin play at level 1, then I'd much rather do it with a completely blank character - the jedi-with-troubled-past-or-amnesia plot device is fast getting very, very old in KotOR games, and it's really not going to work a third time.

As for Revan and the Exile being of a particular gender or alignment, I really don't think it's going to be a problem. KotOR2 was very carefully written towards an ending where it really wouldn't matter in a third game whether Revan or the Exile ended up as good or bad, because no matter what they chose, they would have to fight the true Sith - good Revans/Exiles would fight to save the republic while evil Revans/Exiles would fight to overthrow the competing Sith and replace them as head of the true Sith empire...

For similar reasons, I also think Revan and the Exile will both have fallen to the dark side by the beginning of KotOR3, no matter which sides they chose at the end of the previous games. Note what Kreia tells the Exile about Revan never falling but rather making a sacrifice.

As I see it, Revan (good or evil) sent T3 and Kreia back to find the Exile, because he/she knew that he/she would need the Exile either as a powerful but loyal Sith apprentice to help challenge the true Sith for domination of their empire or (if they are both light side) to use the Exile's power of defying the will of the force to pull Revan back. After all, Revan has made the same choice that Ulic Qel-Droma (and Luke Skywalker too btw) did, but unlike Ulic Revan has made plans to secure the Exile has a "safety net" to save him/her - you cannot cheat the dark side, and Revan knows that, since that was the lesson Ulic learned the hard way.

Now, the Exile is going to become dark sided too, but the Exile can defy the will of the force if necessary, and that is just the sort of strategy Revan would take advantage of - Revan knows there is no certainty that the Exile's special power can save them, but it's a possibility and therefore a tool he/she can (and will) use.

Well, as I see it...

Something that I feel KotOR II was lacking was dynamic character development. We have this really cool influence system which lets us turn our companions to the light side or seduce them to the dark side. Yet no matter how we change them, they still act the same. Visas could be turned completely to the light, yet you would still gain influence with her when you slay an innocent or threaten a farmer. Atton or the Handmaiden could be seduced far into the dark side yet when a minor dark act is committed, they chastise you and you lose influence.

Now the characters are developed wonderfully in their singular way, but what I feel would really add to a sequel would be having your companions personality alter according to the choices and decisions you make and convince them to make. To me it seems kind of silly to turn them to the light or dark without having them act out their new path accordingly.

Something that I feel KotOR II was lacking was dynamic character development. We have this really cool influence system which lets us turn our companions to the light side or seduce them to the dark side. Yet no matter how we change them, they still act the same. Visas could be turned completely to the light, yet you would still gain influence with her when you slay an innocent or threaten a farmer. Atton or the Handmaiden could be seduced far into the dark side yet when a minor dark act is committed, they chastise you and you lose influence.

Now the characters are developed wonderfully in their singular way, but what I feel would really add to a sequel would be having your companions personality alter according to the choices and decisions you make and convince them to make. To me it seems kind of silly to turn them to the light or dark without having them act out their new path accordingly.

Totally agree! No matter how much you sway them,

Bao-Dur likes compassion, HK likes carnage, etc

IMO, the best way to deal with this is not have influence be alignment-based at all. It would also be SAWEEET to be able to release party (ship) members and pick new ones up (as in Balder's Gate).

And influence should be about side quests....nothing you need for the main story should be contigent on influence.

It was a really good idea--it just needs alot of work.