Obsidian's third game is a console RPG?

funcroc

console role-playing game

Id rather sell my left kidney than buy a console. Id rather play a f*cking MMORPG.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

"Either way the story is over"

No. The PC's story may be over; but the BHAALSPAWN story is not. Next.

Sorry, a bad choice of words, but I trust you understand what I was implying.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I think the confusion here is "if it's not an IP and not a sequel then what the heck is it?". I'm going to have to agree with those who think that IWD III, KOTOR III, etc would be "sequels" even if the story doesn't have much in common with the rest of the series.

Also, just because it may be geared to a next-gen console doesn't mean it will never be ported over to PC.

I'm thinking it might be a SW RPG but just not in the KOTOR time period.

"Current Openings

We are hiring for all posts, however please check below for specific positions that we are looking to fill immediately:

Art

Senior Character Modeler / Texture Artist

Intermediate Character Modeler / Texture Artist

Senior Level Modeler / Texture Artist

Intermediate Level Modeler / Texture Artist

Design

Designer / Writer

Lead Area Designer

Systems Designer

Programming

Senior Graphics Programmer

Senior Engine Programmers

Audio Programmer

Gameplay Programmer

3D Tools Programmer"

I took this from job openings page and only designers are asked to work with console rpg, so perhaps situation isn

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Probably their next project is for console and pc.

It better be.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

You've a teddy?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Sweet find. Apparently I have two wooden eyes. :lol:

I would say that it is pretty safe to assume that their next game is for pc too.

Not necessarily. I think they are looking for long-term contracts with good programmers, so that this people might also work on future titles which are cross-plattlorm even if this one is a console exclusive.

Sweet find. Apparently I have two wooden eyes. :lol:

I would say that it is pretty safe to assume that their next game is for pc too.

Not necessarily. I think they are looking for long-term contracts with good programmers, so that this people might also work on future titles which are cross-plattlorm even if this one is a console exclusive.

But this isn

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

http://www.obsidianent.com/jobs/design_writer.htm

Obsidian Entertainment, the developer of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords and Neverwinter Nights 2, is seeking applicants for the following design positions for an upcoming console role-playing game. Please do not submit samples of your work. Selected applicants will be sent a detailed design test to assess their skills as required by the position...

only console, not multi-platform including PC?

Don't worry it'll most likly be for PC too. Inless their publisher wants it's to be only for a certain console.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf