UH OHH! MAUL IS COMING AGAIN!!

1) Well, I am somewhat torn...Maul was unquestionably the most bad-ass Jedi/Sith ever to be made...

2) Palpidious was a joke, and always will be....He is nothing more than a distant echo of the Ancient Sith Holocrons from 3,500 years earlier than his own life was! He was playing at shadows, just like Revan and Exile do...

3) Anyway, Maul is possibly the BEST Schwartz-stick Master since Tulak Hord...If you can prove me wrong, by another method OTHER than citing his overconfidence, then please, have at me..:D

1) Darth Vader. Darth Vader. Oh. Darth Vader.

Darth Maul was kewl, nothing more. Yes he was pretty good at waving that stick around but. he is still dead, at the hands of a Jedi Padawan no less. He would have been better off going to raves and showing off with his lightsaber there, would have pulled a lot and lived a lot longer.

Seriously though i am not being trite, by far the most asskicking sith is Darth Vader. The guy pretty much single handedly wipes out the Jedi Order. Darth Maul was a very well trained brute, with a lightsaber, but his abilities with the force were evidently lacking.. he lacked POWER. which is all that matters with the Sith.

Vader would have smashed him off every wall in the room till his bones turned to pulp, and likely wouldn't even have draw his saber.

2) Exqueeze me? the ONLY Sith (arguments as to his right to own such a label aside) I can think of that not only actually succeeded in crushing the Jedi (albeit through his agent) AND in holding it together for decades, without his Servant turning upon him, or the whole thing crumbling into the usual self destructive debacle within a matter of months, and had it not been for Luke he probably would have lasted a LOT longer. He refined the arts of deception, stealth and guile the Sith practised to an art form, and applied it on a galactic scale. Plus seeing as you are so enamoured of Maul, lets not forget whose tune Maul was dancing to.

3) useful as it is a lightsaber and its use doesn't define a Jedi or Sith, really does it. its a tool, a mean to an end, but only one of a thousand more subtle ends that a force user could resort to. But yes you're probably right nobody else could wave it around quite as prettily. Pity he was both dumb and not possessed of much raw power.

:("

• 10 months later...

FRom Wookiepedia:

Recently, he has become the subject of another spinoff story in Star Wars: Visionaries. The story "Old Wounds" featured the return of Darth Maul, with a new robotic lower body and longer horns. Bent on revenge, Maul tracks Obi-Wan down at Lars' Homestead on Tatooine.

[edit]Resurrection stories

Darth Maul with cybernetic augmentationThe following is a continuation of Darth Maul's biography, based on the assumption that all of the non-canon appearances of a resurrected, reconstructed, or cloned Maul are, in fact, part of continuity.

Some Sith devotees thought that the death of Lord Sidious' loyal servant was a tragic, undeserved loss. Many still believed him to be the perfect weapon and apprentice the Sith have aspired for and evolved into. From that belief rose the desire to resurrect the fallen warrior. It is unknown whether Maul was reanimated through cloning the remains found on Naboo, or by using some form of Sith alchemy to resurrect Maul's corpse (whether it was recovered by Sidious or in the hands of the Jedi). It is possible that more than one group attempted to bring Maul back, or that the same group attempted multiple resurrections.

The first reappearance of Darth Maul was three years after after Maul's old master

Apparently.

"Resurrection stories" indeed.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Did I miss something? Is necroposting in this year?

Necroposting is always in. I'd rather bring back an old thread and renew the discussion than see fifteen different thread on the same subject (Bungie.net). But then, that's just my opinion.

And shepherds we shall be,

for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth unto Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be,

In Nomine Patris, et Fili, et Spiritus Sancti.

Did I miss something? Is necroposting in this year?

Necroposting is always in. I'd rather bring back an old thread and renew the discussion than see fifteen different thread on the same subject (Bungie.net). But then, that's just my opinion.

I'd rather not, because when I read the first post a typically expect it to be somewhat recent. Certainly seemed like an odd thread to complain about Maul coming back, when the movie was already released.

Certainly seemed like an odd thread to complain about Maul coming back, when the movie was already released.

This I'll give ya, but trust me when I say, a little Necro-posting is much better than twelve of the same-exact-thread-with-slightly-different-title every day, like I deal with daily at B.Net. Now granted there's a lot less traffic here, but If you look through the first three pages of the Zanzibar (Halo 2 multiplayer) Forum, you'll notice something: it repeats after page one and a half. That's what no search function gets you.

Not that they didn't use to have one, that the traffic from the pre-Halo 2 hype melted it down, and they've yet to build a search engine that can stand up to the sheer volume they get in an hour. And it leads to repetitive threads. Lots of them.

Edited by SSgtSniper

And shepherds we shall be,

for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth unto Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be,

In Nomine Patris, et Fili, et Spiritus Sancti.

Wonderful, ancient posts coming to life that really did not have a point when they first began.

Lock down commencing.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester