Clone Wars Vol.2

Why not?

It comes as part of the standard cable package where I live.  So, unless you don't get cable (and thus shouldn't really expect to get ANY programs), I'm not sure why you don't.

Cable packages aren't the same everywhere. Where I live, the only way to get the cartoon network was on an old grey market dish ( remember the big ones). Not everyone lives in america dude.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I don't live in America either, which is why I specifically commented on the Canadian thing.  :devil:

I always thought that you and Volourn were brothers and now it seems that it is all coming together

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I don't live in America either, which is why I specifically commented on the Canadian thing.  ;)

I always thought that you and Volourn were brothers and now it seems that it is all coming together

That was a more hurtful insult than anything anyone could say to me.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I don't live in America either, which is why I specifically commented on the Canadian thing.  ;)

I just always thought that you were the astute, contemplative one, and he was sort of....the.....uhhh...you know....opposite one

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Did anyone see the baby wokiee?! Dare I say it was cute?! (w00t)

Oh, and it looks like those strange blue elephants creatures have made a comeback from Jabba's Palace - too bad their planet got taken over though! ;)

-----

I don't live in America either, which is why I specifically commented on the Canadian thing.  :thumbsup:

I just always thought that you were the astute, contemplative one, and he was sort of....the.....uhhh...you know....opposite one

Personally I like Volourn, but then again Darque did dub him "Trollourn".

*shrugs*

Each to their own I guess. ;)

manthing2.jpg

After Ep 1 I don't see why people even bother with SW any more.

Well clone wars is fun. And it's not like you are playing extra for it if you already have the channel.

As for EP II-III have to complete the series, even if sitting through it makes your skin crawl.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I really liked the annointment of Anakin to Jedi Knight. That was uber-cool. Him going into the Jedi Council chamber, and then all of the Jedi standing around him in a circle in darkness.

Tartakovsy owns.

The whole scene - Yoda knighting him, Padme's reaction - was just so incredibly well done.

These shorts are far more superior to either of the prequels so far. I think because they just get to the point because they don't have enough time for exposition and political ramblings and stuff.

It just tells the story. And that's when Star Wars is at it's best. Also, this scene was so significant (the conversation that Anakin had with Obi-Wan just before he was knighted really highlited this) I have to wonder why none of this material is in the movies.

I mean, compare the events that are covered in Clone Wars with the events that are covered in the prequels. I'm not trying to bash the films because I'm one of the few people that actually liked both movies, despite their shortcomings.

But, man, Anakin being knighted, the beginnings of the Vader costume, Palpatine putting Anakin in command of a battalion of Clone Troopers and the controversy that caused, a young Anakin being told by Qui-Gon to enter the tree from Empire Strikes Back...good lord these are incredibly poignant moments in the saga that should've been on the big screen.

But I'm glad they were shown nonetheless. :thumbsup:

I've just seen chapter 24 (the penultimate episode) It continues to amaze.

It is strange that the emotions and poignance is conveyed in a far superior manner than that of the films.

I am looking forward to the film but i hope that the action scenes in that will surpass their cartoon counterparts

The only thing that seems to suck about these cartoons is the voices. I mean , for the amount of dialouge going on you don't think they could have gotten the movie actors?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

The only thing that seems to suck about these cartoons is the voices.  I mean , for the amount of dialouge going on you don't think they could have gotten the movie actors?

Realistically, no.

When they started it was a bit of an experiment.

Anyone know what race tha Jedi female is? Might be a Twilek but I'm not sure. Neat trick she pulled on Grevious.

"No, General, you have a train to catch" :thumbsup:

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

The only thing that seems to suck about these cartoons is the voices. I mean , for the amount of dialouge going on you don't think they could have gotten the movie actors?

I thought that at first, but the voice actors do a good enough job. Like himself Yoda sounds like, anthony daniels is the voice of C3PO and TBH i prefer the voives for anakin and padme to whiny hayden christensen and robotic Natalie portman

----------------

Yeah Shadow the train was funny, there are quite a few comedic momenst and lines in this volume.

You mean the jedi Shaak Ti? her species is Togruta.

Hmm I've never actually watched any of these cartoons. I saw the initial Yoda design and thought it looked dumb, so I didn't bother.

Maybe I should check it out afterall.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I just finished watching the first DVD and wow, its pretty amazing.

Though I think they went overboard with the force powers. I mean if Mace could do what he did on Dantooine why they heck did he get pushed back on Geonosis?

In the cartoon he practically destroyed an entire droid army by himself half of it without his lightsaber. They weren't the wimpy trade federation droids either, they were the tough kind.

After Ep 1 I don't see why people even bother with SW any more.

It's all about the lightsabers Hades.

The lightsabers are downright silly. There is no hard science why they should work. Now, in my Concrete Kingdom setting, I have a weapon called the sun sword. It uses projected fusion energy, that when gravity induction field is in place acts like a long sword on fire. Also you can use the weapon with out the gravity induction field and have the energy shoot out like a blaster. Also you can scale the power, depending how much damage want to do, or set the weapon on overload to act as a grenade.

Much more versitile than a lightsaber.

:(

I have lightsaber-nunchucks.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "