Content Patch Post Deleted

Worthplaying.com references a post by Chris Avellone that talks about the content patch that everyone would love to see.

However, that post seems to be gone. Is the content patch now likely to come to nothing?

If so, I guess I'll move on and hope KOTOR III lives up to the original.

Here is the worthplaying article in question:

http://worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=23716

Well, by default don't expect to have a content patch. It's pretty unlikely LA will approve it, and even if they did, I don't think OE has the manpower to actually do it.

If it happens though, you will notice, as there will be announcements and posts everywhere.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

That's usually true with these internet review/news sites. The curious thing is they were simply reporting on a post by Avellone and that their link is to a topic that doesn't exist.

I wondered if Avellone posted something that was subsequently taken back or deleted. I searched the forums up and down today for all of Avellone's March and February postings and couldnt' find anything like what worthplaying was referencing.

Wishful thinking and taking comments out of context perhaps.

"like to do" and "will be doing"

It was probably deleted due to that Chris simply said more than that was allowed.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

As mentioned by some, there was a post by Chris in which he said something about how they would like to do a content patch or something. That post was in a thread that has since been deleted.

But there is a big difference between saying they'd like to do a content patch and saying that they will do a content patch. That website seems to have misunderstood the post.

Thanks for the clarification.

I guess there won't be a content patch fixing the ending, which is unfortunate. Its amazing to me that Lucasarts rushed a game that was destined to out-sell pretty much every other game out there regardless of its release date. This is a prime example of why PC games are dying despite the fact that more people own PC's than own all three console systems combined.

Oh well. I'd like to compliment Obsidian on a great game, but I can't. It has the makings of a great game, but you can't have a story driven game that has no ending.

As mentioned by some, there was a post by Chris in which he said something about how they would like to do a content patch or something. That post was in a thread that has since been deleted.

But there is a big difference between saying they'd like to do a content patch and saying that they will do a content patch. That website seems to have misunderstood the post.

If this refers to the post I'm thinking of (which was in a thread which was indeed deleted), then indeed, this news bit is a gross misrepresentation of what was said which may as well bear no relationship whatsoever to fact, but what do you expect from web gaming journalism at this point?

Hades_One isn't the sharpest axe in the stump, but he makes up for it by having a really blunt handle. In that, my meaning is clear--with the force of leverage all things can be possible in ways best left undescribed. A lesson which I believe we can all take to dinner.

the post was that he had actually reguested to do one from LA.

Seems unlikely, but we can always hope.

Still seems a shame that the extra dollar LA made by releaseing early (it can't be much; this game was going to sell extremely well either way) will tarnish what could have been a top story-driven RPG for years.

Ah, yes, Chris' post.

It said: "We have asked LA for a content patch but didn't have a response yet"

Hopefull they got a "YES" between that post and now (a good month later)