Skill problem

When, i was learning the sight and hearing lessons from Kreia on the enbony hawk, i complete the skill test but did not recieve any bonuses to my highest and lowest skill (although i did get the XP and force points increase). I reloaded and retried many times with different skills but i still didnt get the bonuses. Any1 knows why?

How much do you have to increase your lowest stat by before going back to her?

I was lazy and didn't bother wasting points on my demolitions (or whatever) skill, but talked to her later; didn't notice any increase of course.

I've increased my lowest skill once before talking to her (about 10 points) but still no bonus to any of these 2...

Now I know I don't botter anymore and just talk right away after convo ends to get XP/Improved amount of FP

doesn't she say something like, you have to make your lowest skill into your highest?

That might be my bad memory, but if it isn't then that could be why no one has gotton a bonus to it.

I got +1 to Treat Injury.

If you have no hard points in the skill to begin with, I'm not sure if it shows up.

Does sound buggy tho.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

doesn't she say something like, you have to make your lowest skill into your highest?

That might be my bad memory, but if it isn't then that could be why no one has gotton a bonus to it.

No you just have put some points into it. I think I put 5 in because one game I purposely left treat injury at 0 so it wouldnt end up being a bonus to the stealth skill (which I never use).

Then it put my awareness up to 17 and treat injury went up by one 1(it may have been 10 points as a sentinel I had a lot of skills). Xbox version so I dont know if that makes any difference.

I'd try 5 and 10 points respectively in your lowest skill (much easier if you save points between levels).

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Did u get that as a skill increase or a bonus, ie '+1' in yellow. Another thing, does the influence or character lvl count to this? i have been very puzzled about this as some ppl seem to get and some ppl dun seem to get the bonus. The skills would come in handy when crafting items, ya?

I think I put 5 in because one game I purposely left treat injury at 0 so it wouldnt end up being a bonus to the stealth skill (which I never use).

I think you can just equip some items that boost those skills which you do not want (like Stealth) so that their effective skill rank is higher than that of the skill you want Kreia to pick as your weakest. Then equip items which boost the two skills that were chosen (casting Valour might work, too) and reap your bonus.

Did u get that as a skill increase or a bonus, ie '+1' in yellow. Another thing, does the influence or character lvl count to this? i have been very puzzled about this as some ppl seem to get and some ppl dun seem to get the bonus. The skills would come in handy when crafting items, ya?

All I know is prior to the lesson my awareness was 16, afterwards it was 17 and since that was the only difference I guess it worked.

I think you need a certain ammount of influenence to trigger the lesson, and choose a certain conversation option which leads her to telling you all about skills and doing things that are not force related.

2 skill points for a sentinel with 16 int isnt the most useful thing in the world.

By the time I got to the final workbench I could craft anything except the stealth line and had about 20 points over in some fields.

Of course a sentinel/watchman with 16 int is very much overkill in the skills department. Plus I took demolitions and repair as cross class feats so I had every skill as a class skill.

Demolitions is very handy cross class on character generation (especially on hard) for the mines in Peragus.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

i got the lesson and gone through the whole thing but no bonus... sob! Alot of people also didnt get as u guys can see...

Only thing I can suggest is saving prior to the lesson. Then changing the ammount of points you put into your weakest skill.

478327[/snapback]

i already did that but no effects. What i fear is that this is a bug for the PC but not Xbox... I am running on a PC version.... if thats the case, then WHERE IS THE PATCH?

Soon....

Feargus posted yesterday about last week being the GDC so they didnt get much done.

478327[/snapback]

How much do you have to increase your lowest stat by before going back to her?

I was lazy and didn't bother wasting points on my demolitions (or whatever) skill, but talked to her later; didn't notice any increase of course.

I've increased my lowest skill once before talking to her (about 10 points) but still no bonus to any of these 2...

Now I know I don't botter anymore and just talk right away after convo ends to get XP/Improved amount of FP

Like I said before (read quote) I invested lots of points and got no bonus. It just AIN'T working

All I know is prior to the lesson my awareness was 16, afterwards it was 17 and since that was the only difference I guess it worked.

I think you need a certain ammount of influenence to trigger the lesson, and choose a certain conversation option which leads her to telling you all about skills and doing things that are not force related.

2 skill points for a sentinel with 16 int isnt the most useful thing in the world.

By the time I got to the final workbench I could craft anything except the stealth line and had about 20 points over in some fields.

Of course a sentinel/watchman with 16 int is very much overkill in the skills department. Plus I took demolitions and repair as cross class feats so I had every skill as a class skill.

Demolitions is very handy cross class on character generation (especially on hard) for the mines in Peragus.

Logical you got +1 awarness, as that is a reward of one of Kreia's (first if I recall correct) vision lessons. That bonus is not bugged and given, resulting in the +1 in awarness skill, it has nothing to do with the skill lesson, though

Btw, I'm on the PC - I have no console game systems at all...worked fine for me, as i said already. :blink:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Btw, I'm on the PC - I have no console game systems at all...worked fine for me, as i said already. :thumbsup:

Worked fine for me on the Xbox too although I didnt get it first time around because Kreia creeped that character out.

I'd go back and check but I'm playing something different now.

One thing I do recall was I never just got the lesson, spent the points and went right back to her. I always did something else first and probably gained a level or two before finishing the test. No idea if that makes any difference. But it might.

478327[/snapback]